• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Any of yall download the Google opinion rewards app? They send you a short survey once or twice a week and give you google play credit. Usually only 20-60 cents but it adds up. Earned little over $19  since I downloaded it last september. Haven't paid for an app with my own money since.

Just downloaded this :pimp:

They give you a $1 for the first survey, perfect for those that don't want to pay textra out of pocket

Just flashed a AOSP 5.1.1 ROM on my Note 4, Touchwiz will NEVER be as smooth or responsive as stock android

If anyone's interested, nice savings on a Moto X 2nd Gen for tomorrow only.

32 GB for 350
64 GB for 375

Interesting, I didn't know Moto offered a 64 GB.

Is this a better phone than the 1+1?..

I'm thinking about jumping on this.

What y'all think?

64gb for $400.. Or wait for the 1+2?

I think the Moto X at that price is still a very good deal. Just know going in that it's an average camera in low-light, but it can take great shots outside, of course. And the battery life is also average. However, with awful reception at home and at work, I've never had it die on me in the middle of the day. It'll last me 4-5 hours of SoT if I'm on WIFI.. and 3.5-4 if I'm out and about all day. It does have Quick Charge capabilities though so that'll help.

But again, at that price it's a compromise. Everything else? I love. I dont' think I can use a phone without Moto Display. Having it pulse and notify me or automatically show me the time and notifications if I pull it out of my pocket or if I wave my hand over it... I've gotten so used to it. It's a great design, the screen is awesome, only one speaker but it's front facing and gets plenty loud, it's fast as hell too. Just know going into it there's not the best battery or best lowlight camera.

This phone with a better camera and beefier battery and it's perfect.

Last edited:
Just flashed a AOSP 5.1.1 ROM on my Note 4, Touchwiz will NEVER be as smooth or responsive as stock android
As the days go buy I'm more tempted. Someone just needs to figure out how to add A Pen support as a standalone thing and I'd go stock.

1+2 might not even be for sale until next year

Word?

I think the Moto X at that price is still a very good deal. Just know going in that it's an average camera in low-light, but it can take great shots outside, of course. And the battery life is also average. However, with awful reception at home and at work, I've never had it die on me in the middle of the day. It'll last me 4-5 hours of SoT if I'm on WIFI.. and 3.5-4 if I'm out and about all day. It does have Quick Charge capabilities though so that'll help.

But again, at that price it's a compromise. Everything else? I love. I dont' think I can use a phone without Moto Display. Having it pulse and notify me or automatically show me the time and notifications if I pull it out of my pocket or if I wave my hand over it... I've gotten so used to it. It's a great design, the screen is awesome, only one speaker but it's front facing and gets plenty loud, it's fast as hell too. Just know going into it there's not the best battery or best lowlight camera.

This phone with a better camera and beefier battery and it's perfect.

Thanks Famb...

The 1+1 ain't got the best camera, so I'm good ..

I'm going to cop

Go for it, man. I love mine.

The other thing I love about the Moto X is the customization. I know it might not matter to some but it's just plain cool to be able to make it your own a little bit. Blue accents with the bamboo back for mine and it feels great to hold and it's a real eye catcher.

I could have gone with a bunch of different color combos, even the leather was tempting... but I like the bamboo too much.

Last edited:
just got 5.1 OTA on my nexus 4 about 2 weeks ago and so far everything been effed up. been running slower, apps crashing, getting the same multiple texts and the other person receiving em late. and I'm unrooted after having it soft bricked a few months ago. anyone else been having problems?

just got 5.1 OTA on my nexus 4 about 2 weeks ago and so far everything been effed up. been running slower, apps crashing, getting the same multiple texts and the other person receiving em late. and I'm unrooted after having it soft bricked a few months ago. anyone else been having problems?

Please do yourself a favor and flash Chroma rom. Pls.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-4/development/rom-chroma-03-31-2015-layers-t3069936

I flashed all the time when I had the Nexus 4 (up until literally a week ago), and Chroma was by far the smoothest experience I've had with a phone. Even more so than with the M8 I have now (and kinda regret getting).

My brother and I, both on T-Mobile having problems with text... He's using Textra, I'm using Messenger

Getting messages late & repeated text

Last edited:
Starting to get the text issues also :smh:

I get a couple popping up that I already checked/read can't get rid of them on my notification bar

Starting to get the text issues also
mean.gif

I get a couple popping up that I already checked/read can't get rid of them on my notification bar
My brother and I, both on T-Mobile having problems with text... He's using Textra, I'm using Messenger

Getting messages late & repeated text
Its crazy how this has been going on for like a month and we haven't gotten any sort of communication that says "We are aware of what is going on and we are trying to fix it"

Go for it, man. I love mine.

The other thing I love about the Moto X is the customization. I know it might not matter to some but it's just plain cool to be able to make it your own a little bit. Blue accents with the bamboo back for mine and it feels great to hold and it's a real eye catcher.

I could have gone with a bunch of different color combos, even the leather was tempting... but I like the bamboo too much.
just seen the battery was 2300 mph...

My nexus 5 was that and the one drawback about it was the battery dying too fast.

I can't go back to that. :frown:

Anything else y'all think I should cop?

Back
Top Bottom