• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
that hardly seemed humble 
laugh.gif

The veiled humble brag.

Next level.

[COLOR=#red]Nah, you reading it wrong. I'm just making a point that I think people put too much time into interacting with their smartphones and less on doing things that can actually help them to be great. I mean anytime 5 hours of OST isn't enough for s working day...not unless your smartphone is your moneymaker.

Me following that attitude has taken me from underachieving into setting up a really nice future...not because I'm the golden child, but simply because I put in the work and limited doing things that were counter-productive.
[/COLOR]

Android notifications, specifically Lollipop >>>>>>>>>

strong this. and samsung ***** it up with touchwiz :smh: really considering throwing a rom on there, but i think its more complicated to do on a mac.
they got a few stable stock 5.1.1 roms out there.

I feel you on the mac thing. That's why I built my own pc.

thinking of copping that new dell xps 13, and copping the widescreen LG monitor. i don't envision myself gaming on PCs anymore so i don't want to bother building it.

but yea i tried tinkering with nexus on a mac...command line steez :smh: so annoying lol.

they got programs that do it all for u now with windows.

but yea, touchwiz 5.0 is a solid step forward, but not enough. lollipop is too fire by itself, and at the end of the day, touchwiz holds it back, no matter what anyone says. note4 is all about the screen, camera, but more importantly the battery life. otherwise, its held back in the software dept. idc if EWD comes in wit da cape, its just the fax lol i can't beat around the bush anymore.

[COLOR=#red]4.5-5 hours of on screen time is more than enough for me for the average day. The way I look at it, if I'm using more than that on a consistent basis then I'm probably not doing enough worthwhile stuff in my life. Messaging people all day, surfing the net all day, playing games, I don't have the luxury of doing that because I'm too busy doing things that's either making me money or setting me up to make more money and becoming successful.

This is why I can go to a Porsche dealership show the salesman proof of where I signed my job offer and he sets me up with a unrestricted test drive of a $200k 911 Turbo S.

I know some of y'all like "da hell that got to do with OST :lol: And I'll say I'm just encouraging some of Yall to get off your phones 24/7 and do things to be great, and by doing so I almost guarantee phone battery life will not be too much of an issue anymore.[/COLOR]

Your dribbling skills finally paid off?

Mac is just as easy what are you guys talking about :lol: . Just look up how to root your specific phone on a Mac. Someone more than likely has a toolkit for you to use. From there it is just downloading roms and putting them on your phone like normal.

I find working on a Mac (terminal) with a nexus device to be easy, no need for stupid drivers, ADB support is great. Only real difference is the ./ in the beginning of the path IMO.

:lol:

Its so easy on pc that i dont even bother on my mbp..I haven't given it much time but when it comes to my phone I stick to doing most things on my pc.

Yeah I prefer stock android than tw..but on my note I liked tw cause I actually used the s-pen. Mainly just the screen grab thing but it was too clutch when I wanted to post something in my group chats

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]No caping for TW. It does what i need it to do. I get notifications. Still has Google Now. I use it because it came with the last 4-5 phones I've owned. Other Android skins are cool too. If everything was same Android would be iOS.

damn just got those text problems you guys were mentioning. Installed textra a couple days ago...wanted to go back to it. and the past 5 min it went caput. full service but can't send out messages but will receive duplicates.

i NEVER had a problem with hangouts. so i removed textra and will roll with that. maybe ill check out chomp sms. idk. google dropped the ball with messaging. hard.

*Talks about having a life off your phone*

*Writes long humble brag to people he doesn't know on a sneaker forum*

:lol:

[COLOR=#red]For what it's worth I wrote that on my Surface Pro 3 while taking a break from doing some last minute studying for my final exam at 1pm CST. Nice try tho. :rofl: Wish me the best on my exam.

Did anybody have problems when downloading the Lollipop update? All of my album artwork on Play Music doesn't show up.

The standards for TouchIt are so low. "It makes calls, lets me use google apps while only 80% of the time trying to get me to use the crappy samsung apps, I can always put it back in my pocket when I get sick of the barf colors, and it hasn't tried to murder me in my sleep... yet. I don't see why people complain."

True. I understand as long as things are functional and smooth, it doesn't matter much. To me it just comes down to the delay in getting the latest Android OS that makes the biggest difference.

btw +1 to MX player. It couldn't play AC3 audio. Just had to download a codec and it automatically found it and started working.

Looking at a new phone possible.  Ned more battery life.  Currently rocking a Nexus 5.

Between G3, Nexus 6 and Note 4.. What are we are looking at?

When I get an incoming call on my g3 it will answer the call while the phone is still in my pocket. Any apps or ways to make this not happen? Too much potential for trouble

Sent my phone for repair ( note 4) they send it back with scratches on my screen 
mean.gif
  then tell me i have to for a new screen... then tell me i have ot pay 400 for a new note 4... 2 days of dealing with people i have a new note and didnt pay anything. 

Back
Top Bottom