• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

[h1]T-Mobile skipping pre-orders for Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and S6 Edge+, sales open Tuesday[/h1]

Looking to get yourself a brand new Samsung Galaxy Note 5 or Galaxy S6 Edge+? You know these phones will be hot, and with the release coming up this Friday, August 21st, everyone is looking to sign up for those pre-orders before stocks run out.

But what if your carrier is not holding any pre-orders yet? Such was the case with T-Mobile, but the carrier decided to surprise us with an even better treat. Magenta is skipping pre-orders altogether and will go straight to direct sales.

T-Mobile CEO John Legere took it to Twitter to give us the good news. You can put your name to a Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and/or a Galaxy S6 Edge+ starting tomorrow, August 18th. Sales start at 6 AM Pacific, so make sure you have your credit card ready!

Thanks for the info.. :nthat:

Thanks for the info..
nthat.gif
You plan on picking one up? and if you are, what phone are you coming from?

enjoying marshmallow so far. better battery, pretty smooth, no noticeable bugs so far.

guess all of you without nexus will get marshmallow in a year maybe?

enjoying marshmallow so far. better battery, pretty smooth, no noticeable bugs so far.

guess all of you without nexus will get marshmallow in a year maybe?

Unfortunately. I'm still in kit Kat since the battery on lollipop is trash on my phone

These cuts that lenovo is making has me worried about picking up that moto x. Leads me to believe they'll be little to no support for it. Bummer.

I think it'll be ok.

I was reading their report and it says:

MBG will continue to drive the overall mobile business, but will now rely on Motorola to design, develop and manufacture smartphone products.

Most of the cuts were on the Lenovo side. Did you know Lenovo made 40 phones since 2014?

Last edited:
Anyone have any experiences with the Samsung a5 or a7 models? Looking for a new work phone and those are the two that are offered, along with the zenfone.

zenfone 2. 

I'm using an s4 as a personal phone now.

There are 4 variations of the Zenfone 2.

5" - 2GB/4GB Ram
5.5" - 2GB/4GB Ram

And I there's a slim chance any of us have experience with the A7/A5 considering it didn't release stateside.

Last edited:
I think ol boy Ricky had a zenfone and said it was cheeks. But he's banned from NT to answer your questions about the phone.

Last edited:
I think it'll be ok.

I was reading their report and it says:
Most of the cuts were on the Lenovo side. Did you know Lenovo made 40 phones since 2014?

Funny, I read most of the layoffs are on the Motorola side, mainly moto voice and display

Lenovo announced plans last week to eliminate about 3200 jobs, or about 5 percent of its total workforce. But it turns out one division will be particularly hard hit: Motorola.

But Phandroid notes that some of the cuts include the Motorola software and services team — which means some of the folks losing their jobs are the people behind the Moto Voice, Moto Display, Moto Assist, and other software designed to bring touchless controls, subtle notifications, and other features first introduced on the original Moto X.

http://liliputing.com/2015/08/lenov...-responsible-for-moto-voice-moto-display.html

Never had a moto smartphone but from what I gather people really like their software sucks to hear they are gutting that department. Also, lenovo is known for their backdoors n malware, just not a good look IMO. Seems like a lot of people are doing a 180 on this moto x.

just copped the htc one m9... it should be here this weekend... i was contemplating the samsung s6 but not a fan of touchwiz so i passed and i just like sense better... i wanted a great camera so should of went with samsung but the poor battery life and touchwiz killed it for me...

just copped the htc one m9... it should be here this weekend... i was contemplating the samsung s6 but not a fan of touchwiz so i passed and i just like sense better... i wanted a great camera so should of went with samsung but the poor battery life and touchwiz killed it for me...

The m9s battery and camera are really poor

I think most who were turned off from Motorola are already annoyed because of the issues with updates on the 2013 Moto X and how they were slower to update to 5.1 from what I've read. One of the appeals of Moto was they would update pretty quickly, not like Nexus, but better than others... and that hasn't quite happened for some. 

I'm not too worried just yet. It certainly sucks that people lost their jobs who helped create the awesome features of the phone, but that's how it happens when a company is bought and sold like that. 

Hopefully Motorola can keep up their positive trend with the 2015 X and after. I'm pretty anxious to read reviews for it to see the camera and battery improvements.. I already know the user experience will be top notch.

Yep, just reading on reddit, seems like verizon moto x never received 5.0 update. Unacceptable.

T-Mobile user here so that's good.

Last edited by a moderator:
So Tmobile is not going to carry the Moto X style.... So my question is how can I snag the Moto X because I still have an EIP for the Note 4. I have the Jump! program if that matters at all.

So Tmobile is not going to carry the Moto X style.... So my question is how can I snag the Moto X because I still have an EIP for the Note 4. I have the Jump! program if that matters at all.

Carriers won't be carrying the Moto X Style at all. In fact, the Pure is only available through Motorola, Best Buy and Amazon. For the time being, there won't be a carrier-subsidized version of the X.

Carriers won't be carrying the Moto X Style at all. In fact, the Pure is only available through Motorola, Best Buy and Amazon. For the time being, there won't be a carrier-subsidized version of the X.

Yea, ask T-mobile how it works if u traded in after half payoff

Back
Top Bottom