• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
All yall that were gonna jump to Apple please wash yo face before you come crawling back to Team Android. :tongue:

How dare you doubt the Google Empire! :smh:

:smokin

It will be on carriers. Just no timeline as of when. Prob before the end of the year.

Man if I knew the 6p was dropping I would have held out on trying out iOS .....

Google definitely should have put this on carriers. It has the potential to make nexus phones mainstream especially with a high rates camera

Says who? They said nothing about bringing them to carriers

Just switched colors on the 6P pre-order about 3x. Settled on Frost White.

I was thinking of doing the same

Now that I've seen the hands-on pictures and videos of the graphite, I'm not so sure I want to stick with my order. The finish looks weird, kinda like skateboard grip tape or truck bed liner

The white looks really handsome with the mirror-finish trim. Just wish the 32GB option was available.

Gave in :smh:

Capture-20-231443630836.png
$600 that's a laptop man. Just to text people and conduct mostly nonsense. Something about it just doesn't sit right with me.

Xperia Z5 is now the highest rated camera according to DXOMark. Android really stepped up its camera game this year. Think about all the phones with a good camera now: Moto X Pure, all the Samsung devices, Xperia Z5, LG G4, Nexus 6P, etc. And Marshmallow seems to be the best version of Android yet. Just think how far the Android OS has come in 5 years. Google Now on Tap is an incredibly useful feature that seems more practical and helpful than 3D Touch. Some folks said Android would be left in the dust once iPhones got bigger screen sizes. Quite the contrary to me. I think the Android platform is getting better and better. Manufacturers just need to market their devices more (looking at you Google).

Now that I've seen the hands-on pictures and videos of the graphite, I'm not so sure I want to stick with my order. The finish looks weird, kinda like skateboard grip tape or truck bed liner

The white looks really handsome with the mirror-finish trim. Just wish the 32GB option was available.

Capture-20-231443630836.png
$600 that's a laptop man. Just to text people and conduct mostly nonsense. Something about it just doesn't sit right with me.

I mean isn't that what smart phones kind of are these days? Outside of heavy work related things, it's pretty much a "portable" laptop.

I'm on my phone way more than I am my laptop that's for sure.

Antidope not hype about the dopest nexus yet.. What is this world coming to :smh:

Exactly. People just aren't used to seeing what phone's actually cost without the carrier subsidy. 

Is it that  ridiculous when you look at all the things a phone can actually do? You can spend 250 dollars on a midrange phone and it can replace the average person's laptop. The average joe is using their personal computer for browsing the internet, e-mail, Facebook, fantasy football, Twitter, editing pictures, etc. 

For what you get from your smartphones you can justify the price. Of course manufactures are making a profit, it's like any business.. but when you get a camera, an internet browser, a media device, a phone, a messenger, etc. all in one device... yeah, it's going to cost some money. You can only spend a couple hundred bucks and get a Moto G and have all of those things.. or you can spend a few hundred extra and get a better design, camera, extra features, etc. No one forces consumers to pay 600 bucks for a top of the line phone.

Prolly a dumb question but why the hype over the 6p when the note 5 specs are better minus the battery?

You don't have to deal with the Samsung/carrier bloat (unless you buy an unlocked Note 5) plus Nexus devices always get the fastest updates. But the Note 5 is still a very solid device.

Prolly a dumb question but why the hype over the 6p when the note 5 specs are better minus the battery?
Because it's a nexus, good for the folks who want plain old android..and it's cheaper

Always first in line for updates.. Samsung phones have always had great cameras.. this is the first nexus that has one that can actually hold it's own.

I'll wait for reviews, but it looks like it's going to be a solid device. 

Note 5 if you want all the extras

Vain answer.. but because its not a sexy device.  The iPhone, the 6P, even the Xperia/ line.. are sexy, well-made devices.  You get the aesthetics on top of pure android, a clean slate, without all the carrier bloat, the mfg bloat, the gimmicks.  Its just a relief to deal with.  You get a nice, good-looking device, with fantastic built-in features, and no unnecessary frills. It's.. professional and easier to deal with.

And yes- rooting, but some people dont want to go through all of that. I shouldnt have to deodex my phone to remove the bs. Root should be an added benefit, which it 100% is on Nexuses, and not a requirement like the Samsung's

Last edited:

I already have a great laptop that I use intensively every day. Am I supposed to use the $600 to buy a second laptop? What phone do you have? Good chance you're paying about that much.

Not a dumb question. My decision on this phone weighed heavily on the software side. All of the top-tier specs of the 6P is cherry on top.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom