• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So the 4 gigs of ram on the note 5 is potentially comparable to the 3 on the 6p because of the bloatware?

No. The 6P has a Qualcomm 810 Snapdragon, a 2.0 GHz 64-bit octacore processor to go with that 3 gigs of RAM. On the other hand, the Note 5 has a 2.1GHz 64-bit octacore Exynos chip paired with 4 gigs of LPDDR4 RAM. If you aren't familiar with DDR4 RAM, I highly encourage you to look into it.

At the end of the day, your experience will vary depending on your usage habits, the apps you use, ROMs/Kernels you flash, etc. From a stats on paper kind of view, the Note 5 blows the 6P and most other phones out of the water.

So the 4 gigs of ram on the note 5 is potentially comparable to the 3 on the 6p because of the bloatware?

I wouldnt say that, Touchwiz is still a resource hog; but 4gb is still overkill imo at this day and age

You're underestimating the nonsense Samsung phones do in the background. 4GB was probably put in there for necessity vs customer convenience. I'm half joking but from my experience the Samsung phones are terrible at RAM management and end up slowing down faster then they should.

Man if I knew the 6p was dropping I would have held out on trying out iOS .....

Google definitely should have put this on carriers. It has the potential to make nexus phones mainstream especially with a high rated camera

It's gonna be tough selling mainstream America on a phone from Huawei that is more known for their crappy entry level phones at places like Cricket and Metro PCS. It would barely sell when out next to phones from Apple and Samsung.

When I was at AT&T trying to get a 6s+ (thankfully they were sold out) I asked how phones like the G4 and N6 sold and the rep told me they didn't.

I've spent the last 24 hours trying to convince myself that my N6 is as good as the 6p...

It hasn't worked. I want that 240 fps!

Man if I knew the 6p was dropping I would have held out on trying out iOS .....

Google definitely should have put this on carriers. It has the potential to make nexus phones mainstream especially with a high rated camera

It's gonna be tough selling mainstream America on a phone from Huawei that is more known for their crappy entry level phones at places like Cricket and Metro PCS. It would barely sell when out next to phones from Apple and Samsung.

When I was at AT&T trying to get a 6s+ (thankfully they were sold out) I asked how phones like the G4 and N6 sold and the rep told me they didn't.

Yeah, these Nexus devices are for a small community. It's a niche group.

Your average consumer isn't gonna walk into a store and be like, yo I wanna buy this Huawei phone.

Last edited:
Nah of course not but this is the first nexus phone that has mainstream appeal. If Google were to market the 6p it would set up future generations of nexus phones to compete in the mainstream market...

wouldnt be surprised if the 6p had more at the end of the day. still picking up a s6 edge plus 64 gig manana. ill just throw a 6.0 stock rom in it when available

Last edited:
LG V10 officially announced

LG V10 specifications

LG V10
Displays Main: 5.7-inch IPS Quantum Display with 2560 x 1440 resolution, 513ppi
Secondary: 2.1-inch IPS Quantum Display with 160 x 1040 resolution, 513ppi
Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 808
GPU Adreno 418
RAM 4GB of LPDDR3 RAM
Storage 64GB
MicroSD Yes, up to 2TB
Fingerprint scanner Yes
Network LTE-A Cat. 6
Connectivity Wi-Fi 802.11 a, b, g, n, ac / Bluetooth 4.1 / NFC / USB 2.0
Software Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
Camera 16MP rear-facing camera, f/1.8 aperture and OIS 2.0
5MP Dual Lens front-facing camera, (80o Standard Angle / 120o Wide Angle)
Battery 3000mAh, removable
Dimensions 159.6 x 79.3 x 8.6mm, 192g
Colors Space Black, Luxe White, Modern Beige, Ocean Blue, Opal Blue

Not sure what to think about that second screen tho

i returned my galaxy s6 fam and staying with my iphone 6 (not plus or s) for now.

dont get me wrong, ive always been android from day 1 and the iphone6 was my first iphone just so my wife and i had both with us at all times. she uses android i used iphone.

anyways i was eager to go back to android. I got the S6 edge. Right off the bat, there is no denying it has a nice build. which is refreshing since i had an S3 and my wife has her S5. i can see why apple folks really love and always use quality/build as a major factor in saying how their phones are superior. it is nice to hold and feel the phone and not have it be all plastic and feel cheap. esp when all smart phones are 400+

what impressed me and what i look for now is the camera. that was the major reason i put up with ios on the iphone 6 because the camera was the best and helped while capturing moments of my first child. but now the S6 cam was on point. it loaded up FAST! faster than the iphone 6 since you still have to swipe up on that icon on the lock screen. the S6 you just tap the home button and bam its ready. it also focuses and takes pics quick. quality seemed nicer too. Esp the front cam. the gimmicky super wide selfie front cam was cool. i think the iphone 6S finally upgrade the front cam so it caught up with the android counterparts.

as for the OS, touchwiz has improved, but its still touchwiz. i would prefer vanilla android. it was fast, but i did feel some lag, although not bad, if you look for it you notice it.

yall know the usual. the edge screen i think is a waste. i ddnt really take advantage of it, nor was it helpful imo. it is definitely cool points. it has that wow factor. but really not worth paying extra.

the only reason i kept my iphone 6 is because there just wasnt that much i would gain from getting the S6. now if i had like last generations phones and had to pick from S6 or iphone 6, yea i prob wouldve got the S6 at that point. but there just wasnt enough reason for me to switch for now. i do miss the android freedom and being able to transfer files easily and quickly and other power user stuff. it really did suck that they removed the SD card slot and water resistent feature.

ill be looking forward to the new xperia for me to go back to android.

i returned my galaxy s6 fam and staying with my iphone 6 (not plus or s) for now.

dont get me wrong, ive always been android from day 1 and the iphone6 was my first iphone just so my wife and i had both with us at all times. she uses android i used iphone.

anyways i was eager to go back to android. I got the S6 edge. Right off the bat, there is no denying it has a nice build. which is refreshing since i had an S3 and my wife has her S5. i can see why apple folks really love and always use quality/build as a major factor in saying how their phones are superior. it is nice to hold and feel the phone and not have it be all plastic and feel cheap. esp when all smart phones are 400+

what impressed me and what i look for now is the camera. that was the major reason i put up with ios on the iphone 6 because the camera was the best and helped while capturing moments of my first child. but now the S6 cam was on point. it loaded up FAST! faster than the iphone 6 since you still have to swipe up on that icon on the lock screen. the S6 you just tap the home button and bam its ready. it also focuses and takes pics quick. quality seemed nicer too. Esp the front cam. the gimmicky super wide selfie front cam was cool. i think the iphone 6S finally upgrade the front cam so it caught up with the android counterparts.

as for the OS, touchwiz has improved, but its still touchwiz. i would prefer vanilla android. it was fast, but i did feel some lag, although not bad, if you look for it you notice it.

yall know the usual. the edge screen i think is a waste. i ddnt really take advantage of it, nor was it helpful imo. it is definitely cool points. it has that wow factor. but really not worth paying extra.

the only reason i kept my iphone 6 is because there just wasnt that much i would gain from getting the S6. now if i had like last generations phones and had to pick from S6 or iphone 6, yea i prob wouldve got the S6 at that point. but there just wasnt enough reason for me to switch for now. i do miss the android freedom and being able to transfer files easily and quickly and other power user stuff. it really did suck that they removed the SD card slot and water resistent feature.

ill be looking forward to the new xperia for me to go back to android

get outta here. traitor.

just messin :lol:

Last edited:

ill be looking forward to the new xperia for me to go back to android.

k

jk, do you fambz. I've always wanted to try outt an iphone as a daily driver for a few months, but I know I'd miss the openness of Android during those months.

Last edited:
I should be getting my v10 any day now. The camera options on that joint is crazy. You can adjust microphones and all types of other stuff. I'm glad they did away with the curve.

Speaking of dual screens, you guys remember this gem on T-Mobile also made by LG?
lg-qwerty-dual-screen-android-phone-0110616121214.jpg

nah but i had one of these joints

lg-env-touch-verizon-wireless-xl.gif

this man knows. LG enV. dude brought it way back with this. had the very first one, it was a fat bastard.

this was during the days when calls were free after 7 and texting had you acting like

everybody-hates-chris-crews59.jpg

cuz anything extra was $$$

Last edited:
this man knows. LG enV. dude brought it way back with this. had the very first one, it was a fat bastard.

this was during the days when calls were free after 7 and texting had you acting like

everybody-hates-chris-crews59.jpg

cuz anything extra was $$$

I met some joint off myspace and got her aim and her number. She lived in cali and i would text her like crazy then on the weekends stay up til 12 since it'll be 9 over there and we would talk on the phone for free

My bill came up to 500 man from all that texting :rofl:

I remember those days. Each text cost money but it was an adrenaline rush when a girl would message you. Like damn, she must be in love. Till you find out she's one of those kids with unlimited messages and she's been texting the whole block all day.

I miss the days when prepaid phone texting was free even w/o minutes. Everybody textin but as soon as u call, subscriber unavailable :lol:

Lately I've been hating my Galaxy S5. Apps taking forever, typing lags, battery is nothing great. Looking to cop something to just get me by now. What phone would you recommend under $400? I want to try the One+2 but I can't get an invite so I'm thinking about the Moto X Pure? Any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom