• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Any S23 Ultra users that can convince me to take the S24 Ultra plunge. I had intention of upgrading from a Pixel 4 to the Pixel 8, but my phone crapped out early and I ended up getting a 6a to hold me over. Feel like the Google Fi $650 deal kind of is calling me and for some reason I feel like I may be interested in the stylus aspect of the S24 ultra. I've had Google phones starting from Nexus 5, 6P, Pixel 3 & 4.....anything that will bother me moving to Samsung?

Any S23 Ultra users that can convince me to take the S24 Ultra plunge. I had intention of upgrading from a Pixel 4 to the Pixel 8, but my phone crapped out early and I ended up getting a 6a to hold me over. Feel like the Google Fi $650 deal kind of is calling me and for some reason I feel like I may be interested in the stylus aspect of the S24 ultra. I've had Google phones starting from Nexus 5, 6P, Pixel 3 & 4.....anything that will bother me moving to Samsung?
Nah I feel like Samsung still has the best of the Google software outside of some of those camera features.

The Ultra line in general has some of the best cams on the market anyway though.

I've been interested in the Google line for a while (I'm pretty much a diehard Samsung guy at this point) but they don't offer anything truly unique enough to convince me to 'downgrade'.

I personally love Samsung Notes and even though it's just a note taking app it serves as somewhat of a lock in for me.

The higher end galaxy phones also have an incredibly long shelf life in my opinion. I upgraded from a Note 10 to S23 ultra and could've rocked out with my Note 10 for another year or two at least.

iPhone 14 been meh. Upgraded bc my note 8 was on its last leg.

Setup and pics have been cool but I think bc I did nt upgrade for so long I was initially impressed with the apple ecosystem think im coming back to android

Android was so much easier to use and customize

Feel like I got a dumbed down phone that limits you to make things seem easy
Same for me:

-Web pages refresh way too often

-Copying words, sentences, and whole texts is more difficult.

-Back gesture is inconsistent(some apps are top left, some are left side swipe, and on YouTube, you have to swipe down from the top).

-Sleep tracking seems incomplete unless you pay for an app.

-lock-screen and notifications panel is better on android.

-run of the mill apple restrictions, but it really depends on your needs.

My iPhone 15 Pro Max is still great in a lot of ways, but I’ve just been so accustomed to having android features. The only thing that brought me over to apple is Samsung’s sluggish customer service and my S21+ started to struggle with reception and also started to heat up. It’s kinda ridiculous that we don’t have better post purchase services when phones are easily clearing $1000+. Samsung, Google, Sony, LG, and all of the other big electronic brands should all have service centers or storefronts with customer care in all of the Major cities worldwide. It would contribute to higher rates of brand loyalty and a positive reputation.

Last edited:
^^^ agree with all of this.
Dialing and using numbers to spell out contacts is non existent

Safari reloads a bunch

Can’t close all apps at once

Apple literally makes adding personal music to the phone difficult

The notification and shortcuts are in different menus instead of one place
Dynamic Island is useless

Time lookup when in an app is annoying not always present

Searching through texts ain’t as quick

My note 8 really felt unique to me this iPhone feel like it’s for everybody

Nah I feel like Samsung still has the best of the Google software outside of some of those camera features.

The Ultra line in general has some of the best cams on the market anyway though.

I've been interested in the Google line for a while (I'm pretty much a diehard Samsung guy at this point) but they don't offer anything truly unique enough to convince me to 'downgrade'.

I personally love Samsung Notes and even though it's just a note taking app it serves as somewhat of a lock in for me.

The higher end galaxy phones also have an incredibly long shelf life in my opinion. I upgraded from a Note 10 to S23 ultra and could've rocked out with my Note 10 for another year or two at least.

I still have my Note 10+ but I'm trading my trap phone for a 24 ultra

Made the move from Nexus phonesto Samsung in 2017 and never looked back.

Samsung has more features that Google eventually copies and includes in Android.

Another reason I went Samsung is you can screen mirror natively. Google requires you to have a chromecast which is stupid and a money grab

Samsung also has Dex

Finally copped the S24 Ultra after waiting for more accessories to be in stock. Ended up with a smart tag, some chargers and battery. Coming from a S23 Ultra but like to change often since it's a fun hobby.

Played with all of them today. Standard and plus feel amazing. Top notch quality. Surprisingly, the titanium on the ultra looked didn't look as nice as l expected. That joint is crazy wide too.

Made the move from Nexus phonesto Samsung in 2017 and never looked back.

Samsung has more features that Google eventually copies and includes in Android.

Another reason I went Samsung is you can screen mirror natively. Google requires you to have a chromecast which is stupid and a money grab

Samsung also has Dex
I put in an order using the google fi deal last night for $650 for the titanium black. We'll see what it's all about.

Form factor of the ultra reminded me of this
Screenshot_20240124_200220_Gallery.jpg

I put in an order using the google fi deal last night for $650 for the titanium black. We'll see what it's all about.

I'll be interested in hearing your opinions, as I'm the opposite of fluid hips.

Samsung may have a few more features, but everything is choppier and less smooth. Pixel just have something that makes them feel cleaner, IMO.

I'll be interested in hearing your opinions, as I'm the opposite of fluid hips.

Samsung may have a few more features, but everything is choppier and less smooth. Pixel just have something that makes them feel cleaner, IMO.
Choppier and less smooth how?

If you're a power user that likes to multi task, Android is the much better choice.

On iOS when you are downloading something, you have to stay on the page or the download will pause if you leave the page and move to another app.

Android continues to download in the background and you can do other things

Android OEMS suck at advertising their features that most people don't know about. Apple is good at marketing

Refresh rate on iPhone is top notch and l vaguely remember pixel being great as well. That's not Samsungs strong suit. If you're accustomed to one of those, it may be rough to switch to Samsung.

idk how to feel about the camera quality…. not up to par with the iphone. pics are a lot “softer” making them less detailed

Back
Top Bottom