• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
cant decide between the vivid or skyrocket, any suggestions? my area doesnt have 4g yet but hopefully down the line, just nice to know i have that option. seems like htcs battery doesnt seem that great but thats just based on online reviews. any input would be great, thanks

Originally Posted by flipzahoy

cant decide between the vivid or skyrocket, any suggestions? my area doesnt have 4g yet but hopefully down the line, just nice to know i have that option. seems like htcs battery doesnt seem that great but thats just based on online reviews. any input would be great, thanks

I'd get the OG GSII from AT&T, it has a better processor than the Skyrocket. It also has a higher pixel density and 4.5" seems too big to me, just my opinion though.

I'd get the OG GSII from AT&T, it has a better processor than the Skyrocket. It also has a higher pixel density and 4.5" seems too big to me, just my opinion though.

Originally Posted by mp3911

yeah i was thinking about that also, but online its $50 cheaper than the original gs ii. seems like a better deal down the line, also thinking bout resale value
grin.gif
havent really had experience with a 4.5 screen so ill probably go to an att store today and check it out.

yeah i was thinking about that also, but online its $50 cheaper than the original gs ii. seems like a better deal down the line, also thinking bout resale value
grin.gif
havent really had experience with a 4.5 screen so ill probably go to an att store today and check it out.

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

What yall think about that Galaxy Nexus? Thinking about getting it for hotspot purposes

All u need to know

I'm contemplating even to leave Sprint for Verizon just to get it, or i can drop sprint and import a GSM model and get post-paid carrier like simple Mobile
I'd rather go with Straight talk, way better I had simple mobile, 60 a month is fair but with the 1gb data cap it becomes not so much of a good deal, plus t-mobile is just decent. 

Straight talk is $45 with no real data cap but after 5gb they might notify you. (which is really fair) It uses the at&t band.

I stopped contracting for a while now. I hate being locked to a carrier and having to pay those ridiculous bill.

I plan to buy the Galaxy Nexus from amazon or newegg when the gsm version is up for sale. I dont care if it comes out on verizon or wherever first it does not affect me.

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

What yall think about that Galaxy Nexus? Thinking about getting it for hotspot purposes

All u need to know

I'm contemplating even to leave Sprint for Verizon just to get it, or i can drop sprint and import a GSM model and get post-paid carrier like simple Mobile
I'd rather go with Straight talk, way better I had simple mobile, 60 a month is fair but with the 1gb data cap it becomes not so much of a good deal, plus t-mobile is just decent. 

Straight talk is $45 with no real data cap but after 5gb they might notify you. (which is really fair) It uses the at&t band.

I stopped contracting for a while now. I hate being locked to a carrier and having to pay those ridiculous bill.

I plan to buy the Galaxy Nexus from amazon or newegg when the gsm version is up for sale. I dont care if it comes out on verizon or wherever first it does not affect me.

Target Mobile has the Samsung Galaxy S2 for $99.99 (new contracts/upgrades) starting TODAY.

It's in-store only and obviously a limited deal. Great price for possibly the phone of the year. Might be time to pull the trigger for those who have been waiting.

Call your local store and confirm but this should be a nationwide deal. Good luck

grin.gif
LTE is still in it's infancy, look at the battery issues Verizon had with the Thunderbolt and other LTE phones. If you want to be an early adopter, go ahead, but the Skyrocket may have some unforeseen issues as it and the Vivid are the first AT&T LTE phones. The OG GSII is a safer bet, and the processor will keep its resale value up.

grin.gif
LTE is still in it's infancy, look at the battery issues Verizon had with the Thunderbolt and other LTE phones. If you want to be an early adopter, go ahead, but the Skyrocket may have some unforeseen issues as it and the Vivid are the first AT&T LTE phones. The OG GSII is a safer bet, and the processor will keep its resale value up.

Target Mobile has the Samsung Galaxy S2 for $99.99 (new contracts/upgrades) starting TODAY.

It's in-store only and obviously a limited deal. Great price for possibly the phone of the year. Might be time to pull the trigger for those who have been waiting.

Call your local store and confirm but this should be a nationwide deal. Good luck

grin.gif
They have the same processor but the Skyrocket is clocked at 1.5GHz which allows it to do more. It also has a bigger battery but besides that they are the same phone except for the LTE. If you are in a 4G area or a soon to be, I would utilize it, you can always  turn it off. As of now, there is no 4G charge if I'm correct

grin.gif
They have the same processor but the Skyrocket is clocked at 1.5GHz which allows it to do more. It also has a bigger battery but besides that they are the same phone except for the LTE. If you are in a 4G area or a soon to be, I would utilize it, you can always  turn it off. As of now, there is no 4G charge if I'm correct

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

grin.gif
The Skyrocket has a Snapdragon processor, compared with the OG's Exynos, which is a lot faster even clocked lower than the Snapdragon.

http://briefmobile.com/at...-s3-not-exynos-processor

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

grin.gif
The Skyrocket has a Snapdragon processor, compared with the OG's Exynos, which is a lot faster even clocked lower than the Snapdragon.

http://briefmobile.com/at...-s3-not-exynos-processor

What would be the better buy out of the SGSII, Skyrocket, or Vivid? I live in the Bay Area and have no clue when we might be getting LTE. If I were to lock myself down to a 2 year contract, would HSPA+ be a good bet for me? Or should I opt for a LTE phone? Also, do you think the Galaxy Nexus is going to come out for AT&T before the year is over? When is the soonest you think it will come if it does?

What would be the better buy out of the SGSII, Skyrocket, or Vivid? I live in the Bay Area and have no clue when we might be getting LTE. If I were to lock myself down to a 2 year contract, would HSPA+ be a good bet for me? Or should I opt for a LTE phone? Also, do you think the Galaxy Nexus is going to come out for AT&T before the year is over? When is the soonest you think it will come if it does?

Beginning of December. I'd wait for the Nexus if that's an option, but if not, the Galaxy S II is your phone.

Beginning of December. I'd wait for the Nexus if that's an option, but if not, the Galaxy S II is your phone.

I'm definitely waiting as long as I can in order to get the Galaxy Nexus. Beginning of December would be great since that's when I'm planning to upgrade anyway. I hope there is news soon. Do you think the SGSII will also get ICS? I really want that feature that lets you put a cap on and monitor your data.

I'm definitely waiting as long as I can in order to get the Galaxy Nexus. Beginning of December would be great since that's when I'm planning to upgrade anyway. I hope there is news soon. Do you think the SGSII will also get ICS? I really want that feature that lets you put a cap on and monitor your data.

Back
Top Bottom