• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
[COLOR=#red]Marketing has an amazing effect on the psyche (read the DeBeers story about diamonds...considered one of the best marketing campaigns ever). With that being said the extra corny name Touchwhiz has probably caused more damage than the actually UI :lol: It's a name that just invites hate. A name like Titanium, or Obsidian would have been better. [/COLOR]

All you gotta do is look across the street at Apple...

All pulled from Apple's website :rofl:
Amazing. Simple, yet sophisticated. Beautiful. Gorgeous. Stunning. Breathtaking. Extraordinary. Meticulous. Precision. Remarkable. Advanced. Luxurious. Elegant. Sleek. Incredible. Smarter. Enhanced.

I think one of the biggest turn offs for me is the button on the S4. I went from a GNex to the S4 and I realized how much I liked soft-keys rather than the button.

got the g3. haven't gone indepth with it, butvery happy with it so far

clean phone, zippy the photo imagery is pretty good quality imo

if anyone has any recommendations for a good camera app feel free to chime in. thanks

Nah not at all everyone knoww samsung is dead last at ui optimization its why over time they get worse performance regaurding lag and battery life. At least that was the case wit the note 1-3 and galaxy S3 and s4. Ill believe TW isnt terminally flawed when i see it. It didnt bother me much at all on my N2 tho.

S5 is damn perfect jus like the g3 is and jus like the m8 is. Its all whatta u need and feature pref. Samsung has had the most features and the most complete design since the galaxy line launched. If you dont use em tho they are a gimmick. Jus like ultrapixels and physical butons on the back. Based on ur point of view u can argue in circles all day. The good thing is theres so much competition thats why theyre improving so quickly and why im happiest

Last edited:
I used to use Touchjiz. I didn't understand the hate... until I tried something else.

For people who like TW, it's never, "touchwiz is awesome." It's usually, "touchwiz isn't that bad."

So really the difference is not between "touchwiz is the best" and "touchwiz is not the best." It's usually between "I can live with touchwiz" vs "i would rather not have a phone."

Last edited:
I'll say this.. imo
Touchjizz > LG optimus UI

the only thing dope about LG's UI is that there's unlimited themes to their Home Launcher.

The old android stock was wack as hell...

This new one is pretty saucy...

I think people overrate the stock launchers and underrate the 3rd party launchers because they aren't exclusive enough... They don't give you the "I'm a smart tech guy" feel...

Like... I used to be guilty of this... Thinking I was better because I was stock with a ton of tweaks...

But the truth is... Those 3rd party launchers are getting better and better...

Last edited:
So should i wait for one plus one to be more ready or just skip it?

Because I'm not jumping through no damb hoops for a phone ...
They're sending out invites on Monday fam. If I have a few extra left, I'll toss you one. Can't make no guarantees though.

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]I like the G3 actually. I was actually looking for a reason not to buy the S5 and the G3 presented the best option for me to do so. The screen is gorgeous (QHD), it has a removable battery, and the camera is good too. The UI isn't as bad as people make it out to be. People are kind of schizophrenic about UI's...you'll see the same people saying they like the pure simple Google experience bag on another phone's UI being too plain and simple OR too bloated.

Why didn't I get the G3?? because I only buy one phone at a time and a few features of the S5 made the difference. LG and Samsung are both really good South Korean companies, heck they aren't just competing with smartphones, but they make some of the best washer and dryers, fridges, and TV's. S5 and the G3 can be considered 1A and 1B depending on what features fit you the best. [/COLOR]

Preciate that.

I got check them both out some more. I bought my Mom a S5 and she swears it's God's gift to earth :lol: (she had a iPhone 4s before).

Don't understand peoples hate for UI's. None of them ever really get in the way for me. Then again, I only use my phone for regular stuff.

They're sending out invites on Monday fam. If I have a few extra left, I'll toss you one. Can't make no guarantees though.
bro....

Please holla atcha boy...

I need that... I want that... I gitta have that...

I'll chunk you some paper on GP...

:pimp:

bro....

Please holla atcha boy...

I need that... I want that... I gitta have that...

I'll chunk you some paper on GP...

pimp.gif
I forgot about the OnePlus One method of selling phones... Invite only. Sucks cuz it looks like it'd be a cool phone to have, I like random companies making phones. For example, that Pantech C300 a bunch of years back that looked like something out of zoolander.

You figure after taxes and everything else it's close to 400 so that isn't terrible.

Seen a couple in mn pn Craigslist for 550 :smh:

Last edited:
Thinking about returning the g3 for a g2 or nexus 5. Don't want to be stuck with a 2 year contract no more. Is the g2 similar to the 3? I heard the battery on the g2 is better too. Really like the g3 but can't deal with another 2 years of contract

LG G3 is smooth, i haven't noticed lag at all or maybe i'm just ******ed.

The double tap to wake and turn off your phone is awesome though, makes me wonder how i went
with out this ability on every previous phone. :smokin

The screen is lovely too. As far as battery life goes, I think it
loses juice quicker than other phones when actually using it but when its off it loses no juice at all. I woke up the other day
sent a couple messages and a couple phone calls, didn't use my phone for the next 3 hours while at practice and turned it back on and battery was still chilling at 99%.

Remember. The G3 is the only phone out in the states right now that's readily that has a QHD display. That equals more pixels being pushed by the snapdragon 801 when using the display compared to its 1080p counterparts especially the GS5 who's display is also more efficient than the average 1080p panel

[h1]The Sony Xperia Z2 now available in the US for $700[/h1]
19 July, 2014 | Comments (10)  | Post your comment

Tags: SonyAndroid

The Sony Xperia Z1 and Z1 Compact certainly took their time before they became available on the US market, but that's not the case with the Sony Xperia Z2. Three months may sound like a lot, but it's the fastest US flagship launch by the Japanese manufacturer in recent times.

The Sony Xperia Z2  is now available for order at Sony's US website, though we are not quite sure whether you'd like the price tag. The offered no-commitment price is $700.

The lack of any carrier announcement falls in line with the rumors that no carrier  will be picking up the Xperia Z2 in the US. It has got to be noted that a recently leaked image suggested  that the Sony Xperia Z2 will be available at least on Verizon's network, although only later - in mid-August.
gsmarena_107.jpg

The Xperia Z2 has been internationally available since April this year and we already managed to test it throughly, so don't miss checking out our review  if you are considering buying one. Despite Sony's long-standing great reputation in the imaging department, the Xperia Z2 failed to impress it in our Flagship camera shootout 2014.

Source

[COLOR=#red]Getting a lot of looks with the Gold Samantha while I'm out shopping today. This phone has serious presence. Wasn't quite expecting that. The side part is a chromed gold and it makes it stand out.[/COLOR]

Back
Top Bottom