Walmart security guard shoots 'shoplifting' mother dead in parking lot as she tries to escape with t

The more I think about I can't think of a single situation were it makes sense to shoot the driver of a moving vehicle unless said driver has a gun.
What the hell is a gun going to do to a car?

We dont know why he shot the passenger or anyone. Thats my point he more than likely was in the wrong. we dont KNOW that tho.

We do know she allegedly stole, she trespassed, she fled, she hit the cop, she refused to stop even when a cop is hangin on to her door telling her to chill. How can you spin it to her being in the right?

Both acted irrationally. But one caused the events to take place and the other reacted. How yall dont understand that I dont know.

[COLOR=#red]Great last couple of posts.

I agree with the notion of if you commit crimes then you are exposing yourself to possible punishment, harm, and further hardship. She has kids and one is a special needs kid so I am sure she could qualify for some sort of public assistance. There are usually better ways to go about things than crime.

This is just a bad situation all around, and it all involves CHOICES. I aint perfect by any means, but I try my best to do right and if I slip up (ie speeding, which is not heinous, but if I hit someone while speeding) I hold myself and only myself accountable.[/COLOR]

Your second sentence answered your question in the first sentence fam.

Well she shoulda just took the L rather then panic. Her and friend seemed determined not to go to jail that day. Granted she never gets shot, fleeing the scene, and driving away from an officer woulda turned something small legally into something big. (I know it has nothing to do with the thread, but I'm just sayin). Aside from that why not take her straight to the hospital after she got shot and was still alive. Yes they woulda got in trouble and caught most likely for doing so, but her being alive still would be worth whatever legal ramifications there were.

All that said I agree completely with elderwatsons last post all around. He makes some really good points.

The more I think about I can't think of a single situation were it makes sense to shoot the driver of a moving vehicle unless said driver has a gun.
What the hell is a gun going to do to a car?
also the part that doesnt make sense is he stated the officer that is that the woman struck him with the purse BEFORE they exited the walmart.... Then he said it caused him to loose balance as he was between the car door .... ?

That makes no sense... so is he saying the car was right at the door? If so surely someone would remeber a CAR blocking the exit of a store...

And if he chased them out to the parking lot to their car... how exactly was he disoriented? So he is saying a purse hit him so hard that he was woozy from the checkout lane of a walmart down to the corner of the store, thru the exit and all thru the parking lot, to which while still being woozy and unbalanced.. he manage to walk arund a car, open the door, walk around said door and attempt to stop her?

He stated that because of the strike with the purse he lost balance and as he saw the car being placed in reverse...KEYWORD the car wasnt in reverse it was placed in reverse... so tha would mean the car was not in motion... Again if he was struck inside the store... how could one hit with a PURSE make you loose balance several moments later in a parking lot... afteer which you chased them down, went around the car and open the car door and stepped inbetween the door?

Im sorry that makes absolutely no sense... And im basing this off of his testimony... I could see if he stated while he went to the car... open it and she was swinging etc... htting hin trying to prevent him from grabbing her out of the car.... then she place the car in reverse.... But he said she struck him ONE time... and that was while they were in the store way before she even reach the exit....

So how could he have been knocked off balance from a blow that occurred inside of the store.... before she left and well before she even reach the car and before he wedged himself between the door and car?

'He confronted the suspects at exit of the store before they left. One female wouldn't stop, struck the deputy with her purse, ran off.'

So for him to say the strike from the purse is what knocked him off balance..... while he was at the car makes no sense because he said it was instore before they exited... So are ppl saying the car was in the store? or that when he said ran off he really meant the car was in the store and it was already running and in the reverse position and then they reversed out the store?

Makes no sense..Even in the sense of how she fled... one party said she smashed the gas and proceeded foward with the officer on the side of the car thus fear the corner of the car could hit him he discharged his weapon... He said he was in between the car and door urging her to get out and she just floored it in reverse and fearing for his life he shot...

Now a witness due to it being in the parking lot may not have had a good enough line of sight to see where exactly the officer was positioned... But regardless where you saw it. clearly you wouldnt confuse a car going foward or reverse...

Couple that with his story of because she hit me inside of the store several moments before even reaching the car... that strike of a purse... made him lose balance way out in a parking lot.

Just sounds fishy... and since we dont have a second side of the story... who knows what will happen

Last edited:
Your second sentence answered your question in the first sentence fam.
Not only that i have seen and witness ppl really minorities run from police and/or not cooperate with the police and they have done nothing... just a whole history and one side they have seen in terms of law and law enforcement. You see the po po you run... you get stop you say nothing...

Not only that i have seen and witness ppl really minorities run from police and/or not cooperate with the police and they have done nothing... just a whole history and one side they have seen in terms of law and law enforcement. You see the po po you run... you get stop you say nothing...

Understandable but in this situation its completely irrational. You gotta pick your battles. If it was just the 2 women and they didn't bring the kids along I'd say go for it if they felt they could get away. If you know you can get away then go for it but in this situation with cameras and what have you it was unlikely. If the cop didn't shoot and took the license plate info down they would end up getting caught.

Still completly irresponsible or them not to go to the hospital after she got shot.

Being alive due to getting medical care quickly but having to face the consequences for her actions legally > scared to face the consequences and not going to the hospital and dying when timely medical care could've kept her from dying.

It's a whole other topic but if the autopsy or whatever reveals that she could've survived if she got timely medical coverage then some blame for her death falls on her and the driver

Understandable but in this situation its completely irrational. You gotta pick your battles. If it was just the 2 women and they didn't bring the kids along I'd say go for it if they felt they could get away. If you know you can get away then go for it but in this situation with cameras and what have you it was unlikely. If the cop didn't shoot and took the license plate info down they would end up getting caught.

Still completly irresponsible or them not to go to the hospital after she got shot.

Being alive due to getting medical care quickly but having to face the consequences for her actions legally > scared to face the consequences and not going to the hospital and dying when timely medical care could've kept her from dying.

It's a whole other topic but if the autopsy or whatever reveals that she could've survived if she got timely medical coverage then some blame for her death falls on her and the driver

Maybe but we still dont know if it would be because of stealing or tresspassing.... to different charges with two totally different consequences....

And even still if the woman stole... she wasnt the one shot... So outside of not being associated with a theft and a person who was banned from the store.. And if theye were stopped etc.... all she could get was being associated with a thief...

Like i said before his own testimony has so many contradictions... and so many unnswered questions... Its just sad that moreso then likely having basically a one side bias based testimony will ultimately play a huge factor and probably exonorate him of all charges

what ever happened to taking down someones licence plate?
mean.gif

She went in the car and the police followed after her....
It was stated that he was standing between the driver and the door.... she proceeded the shift the car in reverse and he shot her...

First what kind of car is this where you dont have to change the gears of the car.... ?

Second what kinda car assuming she is ******* booger, ghetto trash etc... as many have implies where it is just gonna accelerate and a speed so fast in reverse...?

Also if he was between the car and the lady what was preventing him to apprehend the lady and take her out of the car?
Not sure what you are confused about.

The second part doesn't make any sense.

And, IDK, maybe the car being thrown in reverse stopped him from apprehending her.
Was it said she fault him off? Nothing was said that car was already in the reverse position cranked up... and she patiently waited for him to open the door and walk around and place himself inbetween the door then took her foot off the brake and smashed the gas...

Also was she even going in reverse....? Did she hit reverse... switch gears quickly to drive and fled off...?
What does the car already in reverse "cranked up" (whatever that means) have to do with this?

She was probably waiting for all her partners in crime to get in. Giving the cop (who was chasing them), ample time to go to the drivers door and open it.

How old are you? You don't seem to understand how a car works.
Also wasnt it said the driver wasnt the one who allegedly stole..? So despite the shooting and killing at the end of the day his so call plan to thwart the alleged thief still failed...
No. All three of them were stealing.
I never once condoned and defended the fact if she stole/and or trespassed.....And i get some ppl are overlooking that as well. But some ppl hell alot of ppl are taken a piece of a story... and accounts of what occured (not even detailed accounts) from a person who obviously not telling the whole tuth...
Lol, what? How do you know this?

The people siding with the cop aren't the ones picking and choosing. We are taking what has been provided so far and basing our opinions around that.

The people siding with the lady are the ones bringing "what ifs" into the discussion.
And making alot of assumptions and stating them as absolutes... based on.... which honestly appears maybe consciously ot subconciusly on race...
The people making assumptions are the ones siding with the lady instead of going off the information that's been provided.
also the part that doesnt make sense is he stated the officer that is that the woman struck him with the purse BEFORE they exited the walmart.... Then he said it caused him to loose balance as he was between the car door .... ?
The spokesperson said this, not the cop.
He stated that because of the strike with the purse he lost balance and as he saw the car being placed in reverse...KEYWORD the car wasnt in reverse it was placed in reverse... so tha would mean the car was not in motion...
The spokesperson said that.

Really don't understand the second part. You do understand that you have to apply the brake before shifting, correct?
Makes no sense..Even in the sense of how she fled... one party said she smashed the gas and proceeded foward with the officer on the side of the car
Who said this?

^ thank you ohmygosher. just saved me a lot of time. i was planning on responding to the jumble of thoughts that shoelyesses wrote, but you hit most of the points. only thing different i would have said or done is ease up on the condscending remarks cause that is the quickest way to get someone to completely disregard what you said, but thats just me.

Not sure what you are confused about.

The second part doesn't make any sense.

And, IDK, maybe the car being thrown in reverse stopped him from apprehending her.

What does the car already in reverse "cranked up" (whatever that means) have to do with this?

If it wasnt then if he was in between the door what was he doing while she was sitting there turning the car on.... placing the car in reverse?

She was probably waiting for all her partners in crime to get in. Giving the cop (who was chasing them), ample time to go to the drivers door and open it.

That doesnt make sense since he said the both fled (same time as he chased them...) unless you suggesting the other girl was on some flo jo speed with kids i might add.... got to the car sat in it crank the car up sat and waited for her g/f to get in the car... then waited for the cop to reach said cop open the door and exchange words with her...(again he said he was talking to her asking her to get out the car)

How old are you? You don't seem to understand how a car works.

Um you do know you have to crank up the car... and place it in reverse... a car just doesnt take off as soon as you smash the gas... also again under his testimony he said he was exchanging words with her asking the lady to get out the car... So are you saying the entire time while they were having a verbal altercation she sat there with her foot on the brakes while the car was in the reverse position...?

And you are also suggesting that somehow the girl got to the car as the other party was waiting... and they pretty much sat and waited for a cop to catch up with them... come around to the other side of the vehicle, open the door and exchange words...? If they were so call trying to flee the scene as he said and as you are suggesting why would they wait until he got there?

Unless you are saying he got there first... and somehow ran past the culprit...waited for her to get in the car with the driver... while having a verbal atlercation...? Still doesnt make sense.

No. All three of them were stealing.

Also where is the third woman she obviously wasnt with them and there is no accounts of her... and he said he was told by a employee that they believe they saw the three women steal... So again he didnt even know whether or not they stole... so how do you know if the officer involved didnt know?

Lol, what? How do you know this?

The people siding with the cop aren't the ones picking and choosing. We are taking what has been provided so far and basing our opinions around that.

The only thing that has been provided in terms of events was from the party accused of murder.... come on is he really gonna say anything that may appear to incriminate himself...And even then it was third party, from the officers office spokesperson a deputy who stated the accounts was what the officer told him..

The people siding with the lady are the ones bringing "what ifs" into the discussion.

What are the what ifs pretale..? The testimony presented by the spokesperson of the sherriff office is what the officer said happen... so even still in that its his version... so again you are making a judgement/assesment bassed off of one party the party is question testimony thus is why i said its one sided... It doesnt change the fact it is one-sided because his boss spoke and gave accounts on behalf of the officer...

The people making assumptions are the ones siding with the lady instead of going off the information that's been provided.

Wrong it was the spokeperson of the police office of the cop and he stated this is what the officer told him... So it wasnt the spokesperson aka version or what he think occurs... the deputy stated basically repeated what the officer in question told him, thus it is the testimony of the officer...

The spokesperson said that.

Really don't understand the second part. You do understand that you have to apply the brake before shifting, correct?

Makes no sense again for the reason i stated... also explain to me how does being hit inside the store one time with a purse. knocks you off balance outside in a parking lot while having a verbal confrontation with said alleged thief..? Because his defense was because of the blow from her purse it knock him off balance thus not being able to move out of the way of a moving vehicle thus only option was to shoot..

And again what do you suppose was happening while they had the verbal confrontation while he was standing between the car door...? What prevented him from using physical force or anything to get her out the car? You cant use oh she just pulled off because if that was the case what was the officer doing as she was preparing to switch gears and pedals... surely if your up close in between a car door its no way he can say oh i didnt notic her changing gears etc....?

And when did the so called disorientation/losing balance from the blow that occurred earlier inside the store kick in...? Again this is his defense saying it was the strike with the purse that knocked him off balance thus his only option to retain balance and quit the car from hitting him was to as he was falling was to reach for his gun dismantle the hostler and discharge a weapon...?

Who said this?

After scanning through that nonsense, I just couldn't let this go by.

Quote:

Wrong it was the spokeperson of the police office of the cop and he stated this is what the officer told him... So it wasnt the spokesperson aka version or what he think occurs... the deputy stated basically repeated what the officer in question told him, thus it is the testimony of the officer...
Taken from the article:
Andrews began to drive away while the deputy was standing between the open door and the driver's seat.

'She threw it in reverse and tried to run over the deputy,' said Harris County Sheriff's Office spokesperson Deputy Thomas Gilliland.

'He confronted the suspects at exit of the store before they left. One female wouldn't stop, struck the deputy with her purse, ran off.'

'I think it knocked him off balance and, in fear of his life and being ran over, he discharged his weapon at that point.'
Not, "the officer said it not knocked him off balance", but "I think".

As for the rest of that nonsense, I'm good.

Quote:

Taken from the article:

again he was struck INSIDE the walmart before they even ran or made an exit... so again how could getting hit inside a store knock you off balance outside of the store in between a car....?

Also if they are fleeing the scene why would they wait for a cop to come to the car open the door and ask them to get out attempt to apprehend them?

Ok lets suppose it did knock him off balance... it happen INSIDE the store before they left....

When Campbell confront them, police say one of the women hit him with her purse and made a run towards the exit.

So again how is gettiing hit inside a store before she even ran to leave the store....made him become unbalanced outside the store?

^ this :lol: YALL must not know how cars work.

you're not going from park to reverse, slamming the gas and pulling out like james bond.

it's a process.

Quote:

Taken from the article:

again he was struck INSIDE the walmart before they even ran or made an exit... so again how could getting hit inside a store knock you off balance outside of the store in between a car....?

Also if they are fleeing the scene why would they wait for a cop to come to the car open the door and ask them to get out attempt to apprehend them?

Ok lets suppose it did knock him off balance... it happen INSIDE the store before they left....

When Campbell confront them, police say one of the women hit him with her purse and made a run towards the exit.

So again how is gettiing hit inside a store before she even ran to leave the store....made him become unbalanced outside the store?
It didn't knock him off balance.

Quote:

Taken from the article:

Also you are implying that either the car was already started place in reverse and she waited for him to open the door and ask her to get out then proceeded to reverse the car... If she is trying to flee the scene why would she wait on him...

Either that or are you saying she place the car in reverse while he was in between the car... in that case if he is relatively a few inches from her what was he doing to where he couldnt stop her from changing gears... Cars dont just magically go from neutral/park to reverse and just take off...  you do know there is a process involved in a car moving...So what as he asked her to get out... if she had the car running and already in the reverse position... why would he one... not ask her to turn the car off/take the car out of the moving position... or two... why would he sit there and talk to a woman asking her to get out while she has a car running, in reverse.... and foot on the break..?

Again not sure if you know how a report is formulated... me being a retiree i think i know a little something...In any event that occurs they take a statement and based on that they give it to the pr. spokesperson who pretty much release it to the public... therefore the acoounts was based on the officer....

pr. spokesperson just dont go off a whim make up a story and dont take a statement from the party involved... so this whole notion of the spokesperson stated as if to suggest they just somehow made this up makes no sense... The spokesman was nothing more then a third party...

Kinda like if you told a person a story/series of events... and they spoke on your behalf... it would still be your testimony regardless of who relayed the message...

I thought they were referring to the car when they said "it" knocked him off balance.

Quote:

Taken from the article:

Also you are implying that either the car was already started place in reverse and she waited for him to open the door and ask her to get out then proceeded to reverse the car... If she is trying to flee the scene why would she wait on him...

Either that or are you saying she place the car in reverse while he was in between the car... in that case if he is relatively a few inches from her what was he doing to where he couldnt stop her from changing gears... Cars dont just magically go from neutral/park to reverse and just take off...  you do know there is a process involved in a car moving...So what as he asked her to get out... if she had the car running and already in the reverse position... why would he one... not ask her to turn the car off/take the car out of the moving position... or two... why would he sit there and talk to a woman asking her to get out while she has a car running, in reverse.... and foot on the break..?

Again not sure if you know how a report is formulated... me being a retiree i think i know a little something...In any event that occurs they take a statement and based on that they give it to the pr. spokesperson who pretty much release it to the public... therefore the acoounts was based on the officer....

pr. spokesperson just dont go off a whim make up a story and dont take a statement from the party involved... so this whole notion of the spokesperson stated as if to suggest they just somehow made this up makes no sense... The spokesman was nothing more then a third party...

Kinda like if you told a person a story/series of events... and they spoke on your behalf... it would still be your testimony regardless of who relayed the message...
You make my brain hurt.

It doesn't take any time to start a car and throw it in reverse.

How do you know he didn't order her to turn off the car?

You are not retired.

Spokesperson said "I think". Offered her opinion. Done.

There is no testimony. It's a statement.

Last edited:
You make my brain hurt.

It doesn't take any time to start a car and throw it in reverse.

How do you know he didn't order her to turn off the car?

You are not retired.

Spokesperson said "I think". Offered her opinion. Done.

There is no testimony. It's a statement.

vids of you in your super car. with a timer starting from closing the front door starting the car, to switching gears and accelerating.

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom