War with Iran on the horizon?

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

Originally Posted by BaronDavis5

The american people aren't stupid enough to support another war. At least i hope they aren't. Many were fooled by the gov into supporting the war in iraq and making these dudes with money in "Defense" companies ridiculous amount of money.

If the american people are foolish enough to allow our tax dollars to go to waste again, i'm becoming a hippie and protesting.

indifferent.gif

who supports the war in iraq? no one, we have no choice.

My man...seriously...you suck at niketalk. I've now joined the group of NTers who don't like you
laugh.gif
Dishing out stone faces when they're not warranted. How are u gunna have 4000 posts and still be emotion happy like you just joined nt.

Where did i once say that people presently support the war in iraq? You must be 12 years old to think that this war never had support. Back in 02 or whenever it was...a lot of people were fooled by the government into supporting the war in iraq because they allegedly possessed weapons of mass destructions and had strong ties with al-qaeda.

For that BaronDavis5...you get a very well-deserved stone face.

indifferent.gif

ARE

YOU

MADD

,DOGGY?

dosen't Iran have nucs? if so this is a terrible idea not that the last few have been very good either...

This would be a dumb move..

Iran has a much better and organized military than Iraq did in 03. Not as good as U.S., of course, but good enough to make a potential war drag on for a looongtime.. Iran spent a LOT of money from their oil revenues on buying arms from Russia and China, if you think that there seems to be no clear resolution for theconflict in Iraq, Iran would be much worse.

Originally Posted by roback1991

Originally Posted by BaronDavis5

The american people aren't stupid enough to support another war. At least i hope they aren't. Many were fooled by the gov into supporting the war in iraq and making these dudes with money in "Defense" companies ridiculous amount of money.

If the american people are foolish enough to allow our tax dollars to go to waste again, i'm becoming a hippie and protesting.

indifferent.gif

who supports the war in iraq? no one, we have no choice.

My man...seriously...you suck at niketalk. I've now joined the group of NTers who don't like you
laugh.gif
Dishing out stone faces when they're not warranted. How are u gunna have 4000 posts and still be emotion happy like you just joined nt.

Where did i once say that people presently support the war in iraq? You must be 12 years old to think that this war never had support. Back in 02 or whenever it was...a lot of people were fooled by the government into supporting the war in iraq because they allegedly possessed weapons of mass destructions and had strong ties with al-qaeda.

For that BaronDavis5...you get a very well-deserved stone face.

indifferent.gif

ARE

YOU

MADD

,DOGGY?

You should never address someone as "doggy". Step your grown man status up.

A war with Iran is up to you as it lies in one hand - vote for John McCain who sings and praises "Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran" or vote for theother candidate whether it's Hillary or Barack and they both agree on diplomacy before military action. Either way - war with Iran is not the answer.

It is foolish to proclaim that war with Iran is a bad idea or a good idea. Decisions should be based on facts and not ideologies. If the government in Iranis actually doing what its critics are claiming then it the consequences of war my be less terrible than inaction. If Iran is really not that big of a threat,then we can and should take a peaceful course of action, even if Iran's leadership tries to provoke a war.

The option of war should never be taken off of the negotiating table but neither should the option of peace be either.

Alot of things are on the horizon concerning the military. I'm in the Navy and things are pretty much jacked worldwide.

Originally Posted by Rexanglorum

It is foolish to proclaim that war with Iran is a bad idea or a good idea. Decisions should be based on facts and not ideologies. If the government in Iran is actually doing what its critics are claiming then it the consequences of war my be less terrible than inaction. If Iran is really not that big of a threat, then we can and should take a peaceful course of action, even if Iran's leadership tries to provoke a war.

The option of war should never be taken off of the negotiating table but neither should the option of peace be either.

Correct - but in that same line of thinking... there are not many countries who lie as a threat to us considering the trillions we spend on our military.We really should never go to war at all.

EDIT: It's actually not the same line of thinking. But it's food for thought: If we spend so much on our military, shouldn't American drivenwars be obsolete, provided someone doesn't provoke us?

A war with Iran would be an insumountable obstacle for the United States to undertake at this point in time. Not only are our troops being sent back to Iraqfor 3rd and 4th deployments, but there is also growing distain among the troops for this war, let alone another debacle in the Middle East. If there is such aproblem with Iran, why doesn't Israel handle it. The are one of our main sources of "intel" in the region, and frankly with all of the economicand military support we have given them I think it is high time they take care of themselves. Another land war in the Middle East would have a distablizingeffect on other countries in the region, and would certainly lead to higher petrol prices, as well as increased "fundementalist" behavior from peoplethat are tired of being invaded and overthrown. Finally, despite the fact that many Iranians are highly educated and may or may not have hope for increasedeconomic and diplomatic ties with the West, an invasion or even an air strike on military or civilian targets would most certainly cause widespreadanti-American sentiment. Our only deterant to Iran's unbridaled involvement in Iraq and possible breach of IAEA regulations is through diplomacy.Pragmatically, that is the only way. The warhawks can keep their mangled mess in Iraq, but not only can our military not sustain 3 wars (Afganistan?) popularsupport most definately dictates that a war with Iran is utterly implaussible. Keep in mind too that democracy must be taken, not given (for those in govt.with that lame argument).

If this happens, our country goes down the tubes. Military is spread thin already. The American public psyche is already extremely weary about the prolongedconflict in Iraq. Our economy is already in the crapper, not in small part to the increasing debt we're creating by staying in Iraq as long as we have. Ourperception and relationships on a global, international level are already heavily strained.

This would be a DISASTER.

eaglebball1499 wrote:

Our economy is already in the crapper, not in small part to the increasing debt we're creating by staying in Iraq as long as we have.

This would be a DISASTER.

good point... but if our economy worsens.. won't a major war fix it just like ww2 helped boost the economy in '41? wheres the economic studentsat.. some1 lemme know if that idea is right or not

Do you guys think there will ever be another American Revolution to overthrow this current government. It's sad when I read responses like "we have nochoice". That's a damn shame to think like that, we do have a choice. This is our country after all, and even though we like our government to doeverything for us we can make the necassary changes.

The american people aren't stupid enough to support another war.
Oh yes they are. Put enough fear into their "hearts & minds" and they will look to the US President as a father figure like ahelpless child. By the way, whatever happened to the terrorist alert thingy we were subjected to every damn day while this crooked administration did it'sbest to win over the conscience of the public? Whatever happened to Donald Rumsfeld's daily press conferences? What happened to Colin Powell and peoplelike him who were sent out as grocery boys to do the dirty work at the UN and international summits? All that and them some can be done in a jiffy again.I'm not saying war with Iraq should be discounted, but the govt's ability to put one past the people of the US is a no brainer. History speaks foritself.

Back
Top Bottom