Was MJ an average athlete??

Charles Barkley. An overachiever. Unlike Lebron an underachiever In my opinion. Chuck was a bad dude in prime. A very bad dude mid to late 80s to early 90s. He is not to be left short. Chuck could run the fast break and slam as good as Bron or anyone for that matter. Better rebounder than Lebron by far while being a solid 3-4 inches shorter. Barkley still hides his height. Def no taller than 6-5. At a time when the league was at the tallest it has ever been. Again 1986 was the tallest year for players in the NBA. Lebron vs Chuck. A better passer. Sure. Dribbles? sure. Hustle? No.

Favorite Charles Barkley quote. When asked about going up against Angola in the Dream Teams first game in the 92 Olympics "I don't know anything about Angola, but they're in trouble." :rofl:

Chuck career stats
22ppg
11rpg
4apg
1.5spg

Lebron career stats
27ppg
7rpg
7apg
1.7spg

6'4 3\4 without shoes. Incredible how productive he was.

#characters Watch "Barkley vs Rodman - offensive foul and then elbow" on YouTube:
Did anybody ever take charges better than Dennis Rodman? I mean seriously that dude made a living doin that.

Last edited:
Charles Barkley. An overachiever. Unlike Lebron an underachiever In my opinion. Chuck was a bad dude in prime. A very bad dude mid to late 80s to early 90s. He is not to be left short. Chuck could run the fast break and slam as good as Bron or anyone for that matter. Better rebounder than Lebron by far while being a solid 3-4 inches shorter. Barkley still hides his height. Def no taller than 6-5. At a time when the league was at the tallest it has ever been. Again 1986 was the tallest year for players in the NBA. Lebron vs Chuck. A better passer. Sure. Dribbles? sure. Hustle? No.

Favorite Charles Barkley quote. When asked about going up against Angola in the Dream Teams first game in the 92 Olympics "I don't know anything about Angola, but they're in trouble." :rofl:

Chuck career stats
22ppg
11rpg
4apg
1.5spg

Lebron career stats
27ppg
7rpg
7apg
1.7spg

Lebron James is an underachiever? Lebron James is 30 years old and he's an underachiever?!? WOW....

Lebron James is an underachiever? Lebron James is 30 years old and he's an underachiever?!? WOW....
Yea i said it. Been in the league 12 years now too. Should be dominating even more considering he has the refs and rules COMPLETELY in his favor. Not to mention all his athletic ability. Yea he's been underachieving.

Last edited:
Yea i said it. Been in the league 12 years now too. Should be dominating even more considering he has the refs and rules COMPLETELY in his favor.

4 MVPs, 2 championships, been to the finals 5 times and he's underachieved? At 30? Ok. Not arguing that. I'll tell you what. If that's underachieving, there are some hall of famers who have had some pretty ****** careers.

4 MVPs, 2 championships, been to the finals 5 times and he's underachieved? At 30? Ok. Not arguing that. I'll tell you what. If that's underachieving, there are some hall of famers who have had some pretty ****** careers.
Nobody is saying he's not great. He is great. But I think he could be better.

Nobody is saying he's not great. He is great. But I think he could be better.
for someone as talented as bron 2 championships is chump change

if he doesnt get more his career is a letdown 

for someone as talented as bron 2 championships is chump change

if he doesnt get more his career is a letdown 
Better hope he becomes like his idol MJ and change his game up to continue to be great. MJ went into mid range fade away unstoppable mode in his 30s.

LBJ better cool it with all the hard dunks and hanging on the damn rim which I dunno why he don't get T'd up when he does it like everyone else In the NBA. Dude has never fully developed his post game which he could easily make a living just backing people down and putting a move or 2 on the other player. Not like many if any can defend him 1 on 1 today.

LOL  bruh yall make these compairisons but they be all over the place. Did you even watch prime Charles? Hell, have you even watched Lebron play?

I've watch all these players in there prime and past there prime that's why my comparisons are spot on Charles goes coast to coast and dunk on anybody that stands in his way so does Lebron, Charles is aggressive and hard to guard even when you put a body on him Lebron is aggressive when he wants to be but he's hard to guard also lebron is a better passer but not like magic never magic

I would love for LBJ to go against my mid 90s Knicks. Have him go for a dunk with Anthony Mason (RIP) hitting him from the side, Ewing sending his layup, and then Charles Oakley check him from the other side with the shoulder check which slams him to the floor. All while, all 3 stare him down and daring him to try that again. That is when basketball was fun to watch. It's how I still played until I quit and it's how I told my teams to play when I coached. Younger guys will call this dirty, us older guys will call this intimidation.

And before anyone goes and says Lebron wouldn't go down that easy he's 250+, trust me if those 3 checked you when you drove you would be on your ***. I only was old enough to seeing the tailend of that Knicks team, but always saw that happening 1-3x per game.

I would love for LBJ to go against my mid 90s Knicks. Have him go for a dunk with Anthony Mason (RIP) hitting him from the side, Ewing sending his layup, and then Charles Oakley check him from the other side with the shoulder check which slams him to the floor. All while, all 3 stare him down and daring him to try that again. That is when basketball was fun to watch. It's how I still played until I quit and it's how I told my teams to play when I coached. Younger guys will call this dirty, us older guys will call this intimidation.

And before anyone goes and says Lebron wouldn't go down that easy he's 250+, trust me if those 3 checked you when you drove you would be on your ***. I only was old enough to seeing the tailend of that Knicks team, but always saw that happening 1-3x per game.
Well said sir. Repped.

I've watch all these players in there prime and past there prime that's why my comparisons are spot on Charles goes coast to coast and dunk on anybody that stands in his way so does Lebron, Charles is aggressive and hard to guard even when you put a body on him Lebron is aggressive when he wants to be but he's hard to guard also lebron is a better passer but not like magic never magic
I don't think the Barkley vs. Lebron comparison is that far off myself. And Barkley could shoot too.

What are y'all talking about?!?! Did you see Chuck play? I'm not talking about highlights. Did you watch Charles play? Charles Barkley's game is nothing like Lebron's. Nothing. Watched them both. Nothing alike.

I watched Chuck play. And u can watch full games of him and any of the other great players from the past 35 years on youtube.

Last edited:

You know what kills me? Nostalgia. People always think what they saw in the past was better than what they're currently seeing, when in reality, it's usually the opposite. I didn't catch the tail end of that Knicks team. I'm 41. I saw the whole damn thing. I'd put my money on Lebron, especially if we're talking about one of his championship teams.

Lebron never played in a league where they didn't call tic tax fouls, and hard fouls as flagrants and when there were real Centers in the league and when there wasn't a defensive 3 second rule.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom