Was MJ an average athlete??

You say that as if Dirk was a center....

I should probably make a thread..
u absolutely should not make a thread.  we already have enough borderline blasphemous threads with this, peaked lebron and the westbrook thread.

thank god theres games on again tonight

You say that as if Dirk was a center....

I should probably make a thread..
u absolutely should not make a thread.  we already have enough borderline blasphemous threads with this, peaked lebron and the westbrook thread.

thank god theres games on again tonight

brb making thread.

Seems to be a pretty good discussion.

I think a lot of opinions are fueled by nostalgia, doe.

One day, someone will be better than MJ.

I've been using the word romanticize so much lately but it's necessary here too.

The idea that Bird and Dirk don't share any similarities is ludicrous. They absolutely do...to a degree. The things that Dirk's great at, are things that Bird was great at as well. The difference is that the vice versa isn't true. The things Bird was great at, are things that Dirk isn't / wasn't. I.E. putting the ball on the floor, creating for others, rebounding, defense, etc.

Beyond being White and a good shooter, how do they compare? Bird was a fantastic passer and rebounder, can run an offense, and play defense. None of which Dirk is known for. Dirk is a great player, dont get me wrong.

^espn.com had me thinking it was thursday already smh

seriously tho if a dirk=bird thread gets more than two serious responses i lose all hope in this site

So far the Dirks lack the defense is the only solid answer anyone has given..

Dirk and bird's playoff career rebounding averages are the same. So aside from passing, what else did Bird do better that "isn't even close"

Dirk and bird's playoff career rebounding averages are the same. So aside from passing, what else did Bird do better that "isn't even close"

I would hope so, Dirk is 7 feet tall and probably has 20-30lbs on him to. Bird is a career double digit rebounder, Dirk isnt. Rebounding is a skill, and the fact that Bird probably averaged around 10pg being undersized PF early in his career speaks volumes of his game.

Bird is a top 5-10 player all time and Dirk is top 15-25.

You ****boys making it out to be like someone compared Vince Carter and Michael Jordan.

You ****boys making it out to be like someone compared Vince Carter and Michael Jordan.
thats pretty much exactly what he did.  actually vince and mike is more comparable.  shooting and white privilege are the only things dirk and bird have in common. 

i know y'all r from texas but c'mon your better than this

I would hope so, Dirk is 7 feet tall and probably has 20-30lbs on him to. Bird is a career double digit rebounder, Dirk isnt. Rebounding is a skill, and the fact that Bird probably averaged around 10pg being undersized PF early in his career speaks volumes of his game.

Faster pace games in the 80s led to more rebounding opportunities. I'm not here diminish anything larry did, but to say Dirk isn't even close to larry at anything aside from passing is silly.

Dirk is one of the 10-15 best players to play the game.

thats pretty much exactly what he did.  actually vince and mike is more comparable.  shooting and white privilege are the only things dirk and bird have in common. 

i know y'all r from texas but c'mon your better than this

That not all they have in common. That all YOU KNOW they have in common.

Dirk is actually a better shooter/scorer and rebounder.

Bird was a better passer, but lets not pretend like the Celtic entire starting line up at the time isnt in the HOF.

Bird was a better passer, but lets not pretend like the Celtic entire starting line up at the time isnt in the HOF.
Better rebounder huh?
Larry Bird averaged 10.0 rebounds for his career. Dirk has never averaged 10.0 rebounds in one season throughout his entire career. While being 4 inches taller than Bird. Better scorer :lol:

Last edited:

Better rebounder huh?
Larry Bird averaged 10.0 rebounds for his career. Dirk has never averaged 10.0 rebounds in one season throughout his entire career. While being 4 inches taller than Bird. Better scorer :lol:

So you're saying they're rebounding is comparable, but the player arent comparable?

4 inches taller and a better shooter.

your either trolling or strictly a stat checker

either way I'm done.  just discussing this is downright disrespectful

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom