Washington State teen beaten, robbed in shoe sale gone wrong

Originally Posted by Hermosa Beach

not butthurt, im glad someone is doing something to fix this reseller problem.

the shoes retail for $150 not triple then that.

dude tried to be slick androm caught a beatdown and lost his shoes and im glad it happened. i hope more people do this and win ebay auctions from resellers and not pay while leaving them negative feedback so that the risks aren't worth the reward.

if i miss out on a pair of shoes and a reseller bought mutliples there's going to be problems because me and my parteners are about that life.
Word.  I think its dope that this dude got jacked hard and think that should be the way it works.  Everyone always says let dude get his hustle on.  Now its time to pay the consequenses.

I hope this begins a trend.

Son WHAT IN THE HELL IS GOING ON IN THIS THREAD.... People are seriously glad that this kid got robbed and are going as far as to wish ill on others who are reselling.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
. I'm not in support of the people who do resell but at the very least I understand and deal with it for a bunch of reasons
-Like Marc Anthony said- Its supply and demand. This happens with other things besides sneakers; collectible anything is subject to these kinds of price hikes. Look at art, cards, stamps, cars, whatever.

-Its more of the people who choose to pay insane prices for kicks that are causing these things. If people werent out there paying 600 dollars for them no one would be getting in line for them or even thinking about doing it for that purpose. People who are with paying arms and legs for them are the real issue

-As most people on here know; shoe buying is a game of attrition. In most cases the longer you wait post release the better prices you are going to see. Just wait 3 or 4 months and watch the prices on most those kicks drop to reasonable levels.

-Its not even the product its the society: People are materialistic and selfish; People are getting robbed for idevices, phones, clothes, watches, wallets, gps units, whatever. Its never going to stop unless society steps it up as a whole.

-To me this isnt fixing the problem either; now people will be less inclined to do meet ups and just stick to flightclub, ebay, NT, ISS, wherever to sell their kicks. I dont trust CL anyway.

dude tried to be slick androm caught a beatdown and lost his shoes and im glad it happened. i hope more people do this and win ebay auctions from resellers and not pay while leaving them negative feedback so that the risks aren't worth the reward.

if i miss out on a pair of shoes and a reseller bought mutliples there's going to be problems because me and my parteners are about that life.
somewhat serious question.

if you and are your partners are about that life, how does reselling affect you in any way whatsoever?  you obviously have no problem responding to any of life's inconveniences with criminal activity, so why even bother tryin to get shoes at retail when you can just rob fools and get em for free?

This is very sad, ppl glad that lil man got robbed. How can you be mad at someone that is trying to make $ the most legit way possible? Som ppl choose drugs, others scam, hes reselling shoes and you guys are mad because thats what he does for a living

75% OF PEOPLE ON HERE RESELL!!!!

Get with the program these resellin dudes not goin no where. Instead of spending all your time huffin, puffin n hatin yall should smarten up, network with ppl that can get you the kicks you want with no hassle, and get a better internet connection. Dude could have gotten killed, how are yall co-signin that?

Originally Posted by Nowitzness41

Originally Posted by HOVKid

Word.  I think its dope that this dude got jacked hard and think that should be the way it works.  Everyone always says let dude get his hustle on.  Now its time to pay the consequenses.

I hope this begins a trend.

Yall both are trippin hard- i could see this being said about crack dealers or somebody else that is intentionally doing something that can hurt others. But this is like an herb dealer, you can charge what you want- just gotta stay protected. Yall seem like some sad, bitter fellows

I am.  Don't know about the other guy.  I used to be able to walk into a store and buy a pair of sneakers I liked.  Now I have to get on line the day before they come out and camp all night to even hope for the chance to get a pair.  Most of the time that doesn't even work, so I have to pay 3x the price to get them.  Let's see how you feel if you lived in a place where you can't just show up at 8am and get the pair of sneakers you want.

I hope this happens more often.  As you hear on this board all the time, "let dude get his hustle on."  I'm saying I agree, and he/she should be ready to pay the consequences.  I hope more people make resellers and these sites that charge 2x the price a week before the shoe releases suffer some consequences.

Originally Posted by 1C3M4M

This is very sad, ppl glad that lil man got robbed. How can you be mad at someone that is trying to make $ the most legit way possible? Som ppl choose drugs, others scam, hes reselling shoes and you guys are mad because thats what he does for a living

Get with the program these resellin dudes not goin no where. Instead of spending all your time huffin, puffin n hatin yall should smarten up, network with ppl that can get you the kicks you want with no hassle, and get a better internet connection. Dude could have gotten killed, how are yall co-signin that?
Sorry, I have a job.  I can't spend time networking with people to get me sneakers that I am willing to pay for with no hassle. 

Think that dude cares that I didn't get the sneakers I wanted?  I don't give a @#*@ what happens to him.

I am.  Don't know about the other guy.  I used to be able to walk into a store and buy a pair of sneakers I liked.  Now I have to get on line the day before they come out and camp all night to even hope for the chance to get a pair.  Most of the time that doesn't even work, so I have to pay 3x the price to get them.  Let's see how you feel if you lived in a place where you can't just show up at 8am and get the pair of sneakers you want.

I hope this happens more often.  As you hear on this board all the time, "let dude get his hustle on."  I'm saying I agree, and he/she should be ready to pay the consequences.  I hope more people make resellers and these sites that charge 2x the price a week before the shoe releases suffer some consequences.

im still trying to figure out if you are just being sarcastic with your post.

arent you a highly paid corporate attorney?  i would think that someone who makes a very good living in the corporate world would appreciate this kids capitalistic go-getem attitude.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

arent you a highly paid corporate attorney?  i would think that someone who makes a very good living in the corporate world would appreciate this kids capitalistic go-getem attitude.

Beleive it or not I'm not being sarcastic at all.

You have any idea how many times I've walked into a store at 10am on a Saturday only to be told sorry, all sold out.  Like not even ONE pair left in any size and I walk in when the store is scheduled to OPEN.

I'm 37 years old and have been buying "to many" pairs of sneaker for about 15 years now.  I have NEVER seen anything like this.  Bro, I couldn't even get a pair of playoff XII's.  When they released about 5 years ago yeah, you had to show up the day they came out, but you got your pair so you could wear and enjoy.  Now, on a freaking general release shoe you can't even walk in and buy them when the store opens.  Same goes for cement 4's, spacejams, coolgreys, concords, etc.

Its disgusting where this is nowadays.  

Beleive it or not I'm not being sarcastic at all.

You have any idea how many times I've walked into a store at 10am on a Saturday only to be told sorry, all sold out.  Like not even ONE pair left in any size and I walk in when the store is scheduled to OPEN.

I'm 37 years old and have been buying "to many" pairs of sneaker for about 15 years now.  I have NEVER seen anything like this.  Bro, I couldn't even get a pair of playoff XII's.  When they released about 5 years ago yeah, you had to show up the day they came out, but you got your pair so you could wear and enjoy.  Now, on a freaking general release shoe you can't even walk in and buy them when the store opens.  Same goes for cement 4's, spacejams, coolgreys, concords, etc.

Its disgusting where this is nowadays.  

but is wishing ill will and violence upon others really the best solution?  i mean yea, its not an ideal situation, but atleast you are in a position where you can afford to pay the premium for the convenience of not having to sleep on a sidewalk for days on end for a pair of sneakers.  

Sorry, I have a job.  I can't spend time networking with people to get me sneakers that I am willing to pay for with no hassle. 

Think that dude cares that I didn't get the sneakers I wanted?  I don't give a @#*@ what happens to him.

You must b younger than 16, you got lots to learn kid, saying you have a job shouldnt b an excuse

You must b younger than 16, you got lots to learn kid, saying you have a job shouldnt b an excuse
u must have missed the post about 3 above yours where he said he's 37.

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Originally Posted by BOMB SQUAD RECORDS

Take that reseller. I know it's wrong but with some of his comments I just can't feel bad about this.
C'mon man...

It should never be that serious....EVER
30t6p3b.gif
for real... if kids or what not are making a legit hustle there is no reason to say "yeah im glad he got beat up because i couldnt get a pair of shoes"
technically its not a legit hustle, i doubt he made sure to include sales tax in any of his transactions

Originally Posted by slickp42189

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

C'mon man...

It should never be that serious....EVER
30t6p3b.gif
for real... if kids or what not are making a legit hustle there is no reason to say "yeah im glad he got beat up because i couldnt get a pair of shoes"
technically its not a legit hustle, i doubt he made sure to include sales tax in any of his transactions
pretty much. you have to pay taxes on all personal and business income.[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] So I mean, he has 70 pairs of sneakers that he is going to sell, and i doubt he's going to be filing taxes on all of that income[/font]

^ that depends where you live doesnt it? He already paid taxes as the end user, and since its for resale- he may not have to

I would assume he has to, since essentially he is acting as a business and his inventory ( shoes) are whats for sale. I mean, cant you consider footlocker selling to him B2B and then him selling to consumers B2C. Those people who have ebay stores still have to pay taxes

^ that depends where you live doesnt it? He already paid taxes as the end user, and since its for resale- he may not have to
i think blakep267 is correct.  sales tax is different from any income tax he might have to pay.  while he may get credit for the taxes he already paid when he purchased from a retailer, he may still be liable for tax on the income he made from reselling.

then again, are any of you guys this kid's accountant?  how do you know hes not paying taxes?

@slickp42819 - collecting taxes and being liable for taxes are not one in the same. he is under no obligation to collect taxes on the sale of the shoes. he may have an obligation to pay taxes associated with the sale of the shoes though. if he chooses not to collect (which he can choose to do), it just means he will have to pay his taxes out of his pocket. just cause he didnt collect taxes doesnt mean it wasnt a legitimate transaction.

i think blakep267 is correct.  sales tax is different from any income tax he might have to pay.  while he may get credit for the taxes he already paid when he purchased from a retailer, he may still be liable for tax on the income he made from reselling.

then again, are any of you guys this kid's accountant?  how do you know hes not paying taxes?

@slickp42819 - collecting taxes and being liable for taxes are not one in the same. he is under no obligation to collect taxes on the sale of the shoes. he may have an obligation to pay taxes associated with the sale of the shoes though. if he chooses not to collect (which he can choose to do), it just means he will have to pay his taxes out of his pocket. just cause he didnt collect taxes doesnt mean it wasnt a legitimate transaction.

Im just assuming hes not filing 1099 forms. He is a teen, right? I could be wrong

^ your right he has to pay taxes since its an appreciated asset gain on a collectible. But also, if he was flipping one or two pairs he can used it towards a hobby Income deductible. But clown already stated he was trying to make capital gains, in which hobby income is not an option for him. Also, it was hand to hand cash so it can fall under garage sales, and needs no report. Unless he's making 10k-20k a yr on sales he has no issues.

Originally Posted by blakep267

Im just assuming hes not filing 1099 forms. He is a teen, right? I could be wrong
laugh.gif
 youre probably right.  but to say that what he is doing is not a legit form of work/income because of the tax liability is a weak argument at best.

i mean, what a bout a kid who goes door to door shoveling snow out of neighbors driveways and gets paid in cash.  is anyone going to say that this kid isnt earning an honest buck because he isnt filing a tax return on that income?

HOVkid you need to re-evaluate your state of mind if you really think something as trivial as a freaking PAIR OF SHOES is worth someones health and possibly their life. I agree the sneaker scene has been out of control since the Concords and the kid was probably a typical dirtbag reseller but I will never understand the logic that would justify beating someone because they simply had some shoes you wanted.  I just dont see how anyone can think its ok that a group of people beating and knocking one single person out and leaving that person for dead over a pair of shoes. Its very possible that the reseller could have died in an event like this... and let me guess ?  If he would have you would think thats acceptable just because the  kid was trying to make some money... even if hes making his money in a dirty way its still much more respectable than overpowering ONE PERSON with a GROUP of your people. 

LIFE > SHOES

Peoples lives are at stake over these muggings and robberies....To my knowledge nobody has ever ever died because they didnt get a pair of blue and pink lebrons or some ugly Kanye's at retail.  

Originally Posted by blakep267

laugh.gif
 youre probably right.  but to say that what he is doing is not a legit form of work/income because of the tax liability is a weak argument at best.

i mean, what a bout a kid who goes door to door shoveling snow out of neighbors driveways and gets paid in cash.  is anyone going to say that this kid isnt earning an honest buck because he isnt filing a tax return on that income?

youre comparing a small service, to somebody who is selling inventory, massive inventory. He said he had 70 pairs of shoes that he planned to sell. Thats a small shoe store. If he charges 200-300 per pair, thats 14k to 21k, untaxed. Sure its a good investment, spend 7k get double to triple in return, but you also gotta pay taxes, and seeing as how he's a little goofy ( goes to meet in a lot, also brags about business on tv), I doubt he is

Back
Top Bottom