Washington Wizards 2012-2013 Season Thread - Thanks for a great year!

Will the Washington Wizards make the playoffs this year?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol his thread has turned into a bash Ted thread

I know there's plenty of blame for us being so bad but at the end of the day our players need to step it up.

:smh: I hope Beals fg % rises I feel it's so low due to his size and lack of ball handling abiltity.

He'll play so much more efficient when the ball is taken out of his hand, which will happen when John returns

I'm not about to read too much into a rookie's field goal percentage on a bad team 2 months into the season.

Just get those shots up. Figure out the kinks later. He has a green light as far as I'm concerned.

Lol his thread has turned into a bash Ted thread
I know there's plenty of blame for us being so bad but at the end of the day our players need to step it up.
mean.gif
I hope Beals fg % rises I feel it's so low due to his size and lack of ball handling abiltity.
He'll play so much more efficient when the ball is taken out of his hand, which will happen when John returns
Players can only step up so much. We have a team full of role players and D-leaguers. The guys we have play hard they just don't have NBA talent. I mean look at our starting line up none of those guys would start on a championship level team. Its like asking a division 2 team to compete in the ACC, SEC, Big Ten, or Big 12

The players, and coaches have changed and the results are still the same. Its time for management to make some changes.

Ask Ted if moral revenue and almost profits look good on his financials.
I wouldn't let Ted run my fantasy team.
Ted is trolling us right? He can't actually believe that his team is going in the correct direction? Or maybe he continues to believe that John Wall is the answer to all the teams problems? I sorry John Wall is my boy, but unless he comes back and puts up Lebron type numbers this team is still a very long way from a championship.

Wins and losses is what matter. high character guys are nice and all but we are still losing. So this year instead of having kunclehead losers we have professional losers.

But then again at the end of the year when Championship teams are resting their players for the upcomming playoffs. The Wizards will play those teams, and beat those teams, Ted will then proceed to  blog about the great end of season run against bench players.

Ted is trolling us right? He can't actually believe that his team is going in the correct direction? Or maybe he continues to believe that John Wall is the answer to all the teams problems? I sorry John Wall is my boy, but unless he comes back and puts up Lebron type numbers this team is still a very long way from a championship.

Wins and losses is what matter. high character guys are nice and all but we are still losing. So this year instead of having kunclehead losers we have professional losers.

But then again at the end of the year when Championship teams are resting their players for the upcomming playoffs. The Wizards will play those teams, and beat those teams, Ted will then proceed to  blog about the great end of season run against bench players.

Scumbag owner.

I was taking my lil homie to a Wizards game for his 6th Birthday, but don't want to catch a child abuse charge. Might break the tradition and head to a VCU game this year instead.

Scumbag owner.
I was taking my lil homie to a Wizards game for his 6th Birthday, but don't want to catch a child abuse charge. Might break the tradition and head to a VCU game this year instead.
Yeah dont do it to the little man unless you can get tickets for the OKC game give him a chance to see good baskeball. Even tho Ted said he would not promote other teams, but most of his season ticket plans include "games against the HEAT, LAKERS, and KNICKS!"

He's owed $52 million through 2016 when he'll be 34 years old. I'd get rid of him first chance I could get.

But knowing the Wizards...they'd probably trade him for an equally bad contract. 

Last edited:
To people who have been to a game, how easy is it to move around to get better seats?

I know the actual turnout has got to be way less than the number of tickets sold. I was thinking about taking my little bro to the Cavs game (he likes Kyrie Irving).

Last edited:
He's owed $52 million through 2016 when he'll be 34 years old. I'd get rid of him first chance I could get.

But knowing the Wizards...they'd probably trade him for an equally bad contract. 

THIS.

Nene (when actually on the floor) is a damn good player. His b-ball IQ is off the charts and I actually feel bad for him having to play what's probably close to the twilight of his career here in DC. He's been a true professional and deserves better. He's got a hard contract to move (coupled with his health and age), but I would love to see him on a team like San Antonio or Memphis.

NBA Trade Season: Washington Wizards Edition

This team is pretty much ****** b/c there are no assets outside of Wall/Beal - and who knows how willing the FO is to move those guys at this point. Ball was dropped on the Harden deal, but the article is an interesting read. Names that were thrown out included Beasley, Telfair, Ma. Morris, Royce White, George Hill, etc.

Is it crazy to think the Warriors would bite on Nene for Bogut?

I know Bogut is even more injury prone than Nene, but he's another player that will be a free agent after next season with Okafor and Ariza. If Bogut is remotely healthy, he's an anchor on defense and will be decent on offense. Warriors might do if they feel like they can make noise this year and can't feel confident enough in Bogut, then maybe Nene is their answer at center. Both make exactly $13 million this season.

Last edited:
Is it crazy to think the Warriors would bite on Nene for Bogut?
I know Bogut is even more injury prone than Nene, but he's another player that will be a free agent after next season with Okafor and Ariza. If Bogut is remotely healthy, he's an anchor on defense and will be decent on offense. Warriors might do if they feel like they can make noise this year and can't feel confident enough in Bogut, then maybe Nene is their answer at center. Both make exactly $13 million this season.

If it makes too much sense, it won't happen. :lol:

I'd make that move in a heartbeat. This is a lost season for the Wizards (obviously). They need to be thinking ahead, and I don't know how much I'd trust any moves going forward with Grunfeld at the helm.

To people who have been to a game, how easy is it to move around to get better seats?
I know the actual turnout has got to be way less than the number of tickets sold. I was thinking about taking my little bro to the Cavs game (he likes Kyrie Irving).

I went to the Bucks game earlier this year and the ushers didn't have a single care in the world it seemed. They looked like they were working a funeral.

I'll be at the Cavs game so if your plan falters, you can come by my section and I'll vouch that you were in my section.

The whole "Act like you are supposed to be there......" vibe usually works with these kind of things.

Thats what I was thinking. We need to get rid of him before its too late. I mean we aint good with him on the team so...

The Wizards just waived Shaun Livingston AND Earl Barron.  

Does anyone know what on Earth they're doing?  Is the plan just to forfeit the rest of the games?  

A trade must be in the works, right?  We all knew they were looking for another point guard once Price went down, and that Barron was a likely casualty - but to dump Livingston, too?  He had a strong showing in Houston's camp.  He wasn't driving very effectively for us, but who was?  There's not a single guy on this team you're afraid to sag off on.  

Point guard isn't exactly a plug and play position.  Shaun hadn't been with the team long this time around, but you'd like to have ONE point guard on the team with at least an inkling of what you're trying to run.  Now we have ZERO point guards and Wall's still who knows how far away from even practicing. 

Something's gotta happen by Wednesday or we'll only have seven guys dressed for the Cavs.  Of those seven,  Nene is apparently a gametime decision every night and Jan Vesely is unplayable.  

Someone tell Ernie that you can't just turn fatigue off in real life.  

I don't get it.  Someone familiar with Grunfeld's thinking (i.e. someone who's currently inebriated) please explain this to me.  

Does anyone know what on Earth they're doing?  Is the plan just to forfeit the rest of the games?  

A trade must be in the works, right?  We all knew they were looking for another point guard once Price went down, and that Barron was a likely casualty - but to dump Livingston, too?  He had a strong showing in Houston's camp.  He wasn't driving very effectively for us, but who was?  There's not a single guy on this team you're afraid to sag off on.  

Point guard isn't exactly a plug and play position.  Shaun hadn't been with the team long this time around, but you'd like to have ONE point guard on the team with at least an inkling of what you're trying to run.  Now we have ZERO point guards and Wall's still who knows how far away from even practicing. 

Something's gotta happen by Wednesday or we'll only have seven guys dressed for the Cavs.  Of those seven,  Nene is apparently a gametime decision every night and Jan Vesely is unplayable.  

I don't get it.  Someone familiar with Grunfeld's thinking (i.e. someone who's currently inebriated) please explain this to me.  

Wizards will promote Sam from Assistant Coach to starting PG:

I'm going to the Cavs game on Wednesday and I am bringing my gym gear/shoes just in case they have an open tryout before the game or are taking walk ons to fill in.

This has become so tragic it is hysterically funny.

Tempted to bring a sign that states:

>

or

>

A trade HAS to be in the works...

HOPEFULLY, something involving Isaiah Thomas/Cousins from Sacramento.

Realistically, we'll probably end up with Tony Battie and Grant Hill.

A trade HAS to be in the works...
HOPEFULLY, something involving Isaiah Thomas/Cousins from Sacramento.
Realistically, we'll probably end up with Tony Battie and Grant Hill.

I was thinking the same thing about Cousins. If you are going to make John Wall the "franchise guy," give him some toys he likes to play with. If anyone can vibe with Cousins and help balance out his demeanor......John Wall can.

That would be a high reward/low risk(IMO) player to obtain. Go after him while his stock his down and he has that "loose cannon" label. Wiz need some fire and passion anyways.

I was thinking the same thing about Cousins. If you are going to make John Wall the "franchise guy," give him some toys he likes to play with. If anyone can vibe with Cousins and help balance out his demeanor......John Wall can.
That would be a high reward/low risk(IMO) player to obtain. Go after him while his stock his down and he has that "loose cannon" label. Wiz need some fire and passion anyways.

As someone pointed out on RealGm, the team is 3-19 with seemingly no direction...there is absolutely no risk in bringing in Cousins. When you think about it, dude who posted that is right.

Just saw this:

WojYahooNBA: Mack, a second round pick out of Butler in '11, is expected to join Wizards on Monday. Wiz cut guard Shaun Livingston on Saturday night

Status quo. Retread.

Wittman didn't utilize Livingston right at all.

Whenever he ran point and directed the offense they shined. 

And the team has absolutely nothing to get Cousins back from Sacramento that excludes John Wall.

Last edited:
Wittman didn't utilize Livingston right at all.

Whenever he ran point and directed the offense they shined. 

And the team has absolutely nothing to get Cousins back from Sacramento that excludes John Wall.

I think that whatever offer the Wizards make for Cousins would have to include their #1 pick in 2013. That might be just enough to sweeten the deal (assuming the Kings want to move him).

Something I was thinking of...what if the Wizards are not targeting Cousins...but rather Thomas Robinson?

I think that whatever offer the Wizards make for Cousins would have to include their #1 pick in 2013. That might be just enough to sweeten the deal (assuming the Kings want to move him).

Something I was thinking of...what if the Wizards are not targeting Cousins...but rather Thomas Robinson?
If they wouldn't trade #3 and change for James Harden, why would they trade this year's pick for Cousins?  

Everything we know about the Wizards leads me to believe that a Cousins trade is out of the question. 

1.  The Wizards CAN NOT find takers for Okafor and Nene.  

2.  We know the Wizards will not pay players to sit.  They were so opposed to waiting out one year on Lewis (or, better still, using the amnesty on him and waiving Blatche) that they went out and pulled the trigger on what we ALL now agree was a colossally stupid trade for two overpaid "contributors".  If they bring in Cousins, it turns Okafor into a $13 million/year spectator.  They won't do it.

3.  They still seem to think that Wall and Nene are going to set the world on fire when everyone's healthy.  They're delusional, but that's what they believe - and it's what they have to believe because Nene might as well be the Washington Monument at this point.  He's here til he collapses. 

4.  They're in "rebranding" mode.  Remember when Portland decided to blow up the "Jail Blazers" and rehab their image by bringing in the likes of Dan Dickau and Raef LaFrenz?  That's where we are.  This team won't bring in anyone with a personality for the next 18 months, until they feel they've properly exorcised the spirits of Andray Blatche and Gilbert Arenas. 

It's just as well.  This isn't the organization to rehabilitate Cousins' career.  He needs to go to a winning situation where the players won't put up with any nonsense.  

Now that we know one spot's going to Mack, it seems less likely that they're close to a trade.  Maybe they'll use the other spot on Oleksiy Pecherov. 

3-22 is terrible. Makes that win against the Heat even more laughable.

I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel anytime soon. They need to hit on the next 3-4 draft picks, but that is unlikely with Ernest making the call.

Man, pay Shaka Smart a few million and bring his VCU squad to play. They are far more entertaining than the Wiz.

Found this old ticket from the 2000 season while visiting my Mothers house for the Holidays. $85 face value for a lower level section 110 ticket. At least ticket places haven't inflated too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom