Washington Wizards 2012-2013 Season Thread - Thanks for a great year!

Will the Washington Wizards make the playoffs this year?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shelvin Mack tho lol i always liked his game since he was at Butler

felt with him on the squad we'd still lose alot of games

but everytime we upset a team those Butler runs in the NCAA tourney would come into my head

"When you play with confidence, and you're together, it's different," Nene said. "You feel, you know your teammates know you, and you give your best. But right here, right now, it's the opposite. Total opposite."

And why is that not happening in D.C.?

"Because people have no respect for the game," he continued. "They think this opportunity's nothing right now. That's the problem with the young guys. They don't take advantage of being in the NBA, the best basketball in the world. A lot of young guys want to be in their position. But right here, I don't think they realize that."

Nene Pissed

I feel bad for the dude. He's too good/smart of a player to be here in DC. Team needs to do right by him and trade the man to a team in playoff contention.

Nene for Kris Humphries and a first round pick?

Humphries is in Avery Johnson's doghouse and Brooklyn gives no damns about long-term money. I suppose there is a negative background behind Humphries, but it's nothing really damaging. His contract is off the books in 2014.

Last edited:
JJ, I know this is the holidays and all, but the Wizards don't owe NeNe jack. They need to do what's best for the organization. I don't even know why they traded for him in the first place.

Nene for Kris Humphries and a first round pick?
Humphries is in Avery Johnson's doghouse and Brooklyn gives no damns about long-term money. I suppose there is a negative background behind Humphries, but it's nothing really damaging. His contract is off the books in 2014.

I'd do that in a heartbeat. Trade wouldn't make this team any better, but like u said...his contract is up after 2 years.

JJ, I know this is the holidays and all, but the Wizards don't owe NeNe jack. They need to do what's best for the organization. I don't even know why they traded for him in the first place.

He deserves better, IMO. Not his fault he's here in DC. However, a guy of his skill could be doing wonders elsewhere. The whole roster outside of Wall/Nene/Beal are boneheads. Nene, since he's 30 is in the latter half of his career. I would like to see him go elsewhere to 1) rid themselves of his deal and 2) give him a chance to contribute on a better team.

I'd do that in a heartbeat. Trade wouldn't make this team any better, but like u said...his contract is up after 2 years.
He deserves better, IMO. Not his fault he's here in DC. However, a guy of his skill could be doing wonders elsewhere. The whole roster outside of Wall/Nene/Beal are boneheads. Nene, since he's 30 is in the latter half of his career. I would like to see him go elsewhere to 1) rid themselves of his deal and 2) give him a chance to contribute on a better team.

Washington just seems to be a temporary pit-stop for veteran players on their way to retirement or to another team. Pretty bad when Mike Bibby and Rashard Lewis would rather be released than play here.

Nene is solid when healthy, but I don't think he is a good fit here in DC. I didn't like the deal that was done for him, but who are some potential suitors that you think would be interested in his services?

Washington just seems to be a temporary pit-stop for veteran players on their way to retirement or to another team. Pretty bad when Mike Bibby and Rashard Lewis would rather be released than play here.
Nene is solid when healthy, but I don't think he is a good fit here in DC. I didn't like the deal that was done for him, but who are some potential suitors that you think would be interested in his services?

Man, I have no clue. I'd love to find a way to get Cousins. Might have to involve a 3rd team to make it happen as well as giving up the 1st round pick in this years draft. Which I have no problem with.

Man, I have no clue. I'd love to find a way to get Cousins. Might have to involve a 3rd team to make it happen as well as giving up the 1st round pick in this years draft. Which I have no problem with.

I agree with that and I understand that the Wizards just don't have many (any) desirable pieces to move. Cousins is only 22 years old and this team needs some young talent to give the fans something to look forward to.

I understand the whole re-branding renaissance that is going on with character guys and only the squarest of squares playing ball in the District.....but marginal/mediocre role players across the board gets you a 3-22 product.

At least try to appease Wall into staying here.....otherwise I think he is contemplating bouncing out of this toxic place.

I bet the Globetrotters draw more fans. Wizards should at least try and entertain the few fans who show up.

I was hoping Wall would play tomorrow, but that is not happening. Maybe Kyrie had too much egg nog with those scantly clad Cleveland women he has been posing with and the Wizards eek out a W.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ted-leonsis-why-not-try-to-make-the-playoffs/

On the Wizards eventually adding big-name free agents: “All of the stars and moon will have to align the right way. I’m not shy about spending money and going and getting the right player, but I think it’s a process of draft, develop and retain, add through trades, get free agents at the right time, and free agents will know when it’s time they can make a difference. This offseason wasn’t that time. They don’t know what our identity is yet as a team. They don’t know whether we’ll be an up-and-coming team.”

LIES!!!! ALL LIES!!!!
mad.gif

Nene Pissed
I feel bad for the dude. He's too good/smart of a player to be here in DC. Team needs to do right by him and trade the man to a team in playoff contention.
I don't think he's THAT good at all to be honest...but on this team he's Michael Jordan so I understand his frustration. He's a skilled big man who's been a poor rebounder his whole career. But I agree he could help a playoff team.

laugh.gif
 at the thought of him playing next to Brook Lopez. They'd barely average 10 boards combined.

I don't think he's THAT good at all to be honest...but on this team he's Michael Jordan so I understand his frustration. He's a skilled big man who's been a poor rebounder his whole career. But I agree he could help a playoff team.

laugh.gif
 at the thought of him playing next to Brook Lopez. They'd barely average 10 boards combined.
exactly Nene cannot be one of your top 2 players. If he is your team aint that good.

Well.....we lost to cleveland.

Thoughts:

What a difference an actual PG makes. Shelvin Mack looked great out there actually running an offense. We built a decent lead thanks to his ball movement and creating open shots. Had some solid interior passing too.

But for some reason at the end of the game we went back to the "Jordan Crawford offense". We let JC bring the ball up...we set a ball screen...and let him hoist shots. I know Shelvin went down and might have been hurt at the end of the game because he never came back in....but if he was ok he should have been out there.

Only thing i got out of this is that we NEED a PG. And once John comes back at full health he will make a difference. AKA we may be the 3rd or 4th worst team in the league.....not the clear cut worst like we are now.

Went To The Game Last Night....Shoulda Stayed Home :smh:

Wats Up With Randy Having Beal On The Bench The Entire 4th?

The game was actually a competitive game and the Wizards led by as many as nine points in the fourth quarter.

Nene came out with a "vengenance" in the first quarter and was putting in work down low with some good moves and nice finds......then for some reason the Wizards went away from that or NeNe got tired. :nerd:

Beal couldn't throw a rock in the ocean last night and I think Randy sat him the entire second half because of his sore back from that fall he took when Josh Smith hit him.

Mack made a difference, surprisingly, and it did show what a real PG just directing traffic and the flow of the game can do. He was serviceable.

Never noticed how much of a ball hog/gunner Kyrie is.....He is not a great PG, but a great scoring guard. He was going into isolations countless times and there were numerous possessions where he came down the court and didn't pass the ball once. Cleveland looks terrible.....just terrible, but not as bad as Washington I guess.

Randy getting smacked in the face with the ball was funny. Temple got crossed up numerous times by Kyrie, but went right back at him on one play and left him behind before throwing down a huge dunk (play of the night).

Even after leading pretty much the entire game, the Wiz find a way to fall down 3 within the final minutes. Temple had a wide open three that he missed.....and after Kyrie went 1-4 from the FT line in the final minute, Crawford missed a 3 to tie with a couple seconds to go.

Just another day as a Wizards fan and another loss. Typical, but at least the game was competitive and met some nice females as well. Worth the price of admission.

Last edited:
We should trade Emeka for Demarcus Cousins.. His attitude will shape up when he's on a team with John. Flame on guys hahaha

John wall has a timetable for his return and it is Janurary :nthat:

At least Shelvin Mack is doing good he's always been solid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom