Washington Wizards 2012-2013 Season Thread - Thanks for a great year!

Will the Washington Wizards make the playoffs this year?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Lmfao :rofl:
Is it me or had john changed his shot?

I hope he's made progress but last night he shot one that missed everything from like 15ft. :smh:

Heard about it I missed the first half of the game tho

Damn I'd kill for those adidas top ten 2000 salty I missed out on the infrared pair

Everything I've read about a possible Rudy Gay deal has said Beal wouldn't be included.

If that's the case...who could really be opposed to that? You rather have Ariza/Okafor eating up the cap or Rudy Gay? Vesley isn't an NBA player. Nobody cares about Singleton. If they don't include next year's 1st round draft pick, I'd say make the trade.

Wall, Beal, Gay, Rookie, NeNe is better than anything the team can realistically trot out within the next 3-4 years unless the next Lebron falls into their laps. 

And how long are people going to keep believing that they could have Harden for only Beal and Singleton. I seriously doubt that. I'm sure conversations were had, but I seriously doubt a final offer was on the table.

Last edited:
I think Rudy Gay on Washington is a good look running with Wall & Nene... But definitely not for a deal that includes Bradley Beal.

I feel like Rudy Gay coming to Washington would eventually lead to him being exposed

Idk but I don't feel he is a superstar in this league cause he can't really light it up at will in my opinion

He has weak handles, pretty explosive, good shooter, alright post game, but I feel when I watch him play he can't create his shot against good defenders

If any of you guys disagree please let me know what you guys see in him.

I don't know why there's so much negativity towards the deal if it does NOT include Beal. I mean they're not going to get much better with the current roster...why not? The roster after the trade kind of plays to hos strengths.

Expose him for what?

People are already low on him.

I just don't understand how anybody was ok with trading for Nene considering his production in relation to his contract but are ready to jump off of a bridge if they get Rudy Gay (provided Beal isn't included).

His contract is up in '14. The current roster is structured to have cap flexibility after that year anyway so how is Rudy really hurting anything?  Things don't appear to be improving anytime soon. The only way this team can get better is through the draft. No key free agents are going to come here. So it's either stand pat with the current talent level or try to take advantage of teams trying to dump salary to avoid the luxury tax and at least TRY to grab some quality starters.

Reports have surfaced that it is a deal with Beal for Gay at its core

SMFH

If they make this trade I'll be so mad

Like legit Rudy Gay would add 5 wins to this team and with his contract it ain't worth it man

Wall/Beal combo looks good it's nice how he can develop into a good 3pt shooter and he's better playing off the ball cause of his lack of handle

I don't know why there's so much negativity towards the deal if it does NOT include Beal. I mean they're not going to get much better with the current roster...why not? The roster after the trade kind of plays to hos strengths.

Deal still doesn't make sense. I think we go over the lux tax with the addition of Gay. Again, this was one of the main reasons why we didn't pull the trigger on James Harden. On top of it all, how much better does Rudy Gay make this team? Not a whole lot. I think this deal would be easier to stomach if the Okafor/Ariza trade never happened.

Reports have surfaced that it is a deal with Beal for Gay at its core

SMFH

If they make this trade I'll be so mad

Like legit Rudy Gay would add 5 wins to this team and with his contract it ain't worth it man

Wall/Beal combo looks good it's nice how he can develop into a good 3pt shooter and he's better playing off the ball cause of his lack of handle

I'll be pissed beyond belief if Beal is given up for Rudy Gay.

*edit*

just came across this on BF:

David AldridgeVerified ‏@daldridgetnt

It would be a surprise if Wizards offered Beal for Gay. They like Gay. They love Beal.

Retweet
Favorite

I hope DA is right...

Last edited:
So we're just going to ignore that the only place that mentions Beal is coming from the Memphis newspaper?

Agent: Beal Isn't Involved In Wizards' Trade Discussions For Gay
Jan 14, 2013 4:41 PM EST

Bradley Beal hasn't been mentioned in trade talks between the Washington Wizards and Memphis Grizzlies centering on Rudy Gay, according to agent Mark Bartelstein.

”I’ve talked to both teams. There is absolutely nothing to it,” Bartelstein said.

“The Wizards have made it very clear that they are not moving Brad Beal.”

A report had stated on Monday that the Grizzlies have "entertained" an offer from the Wizards that includes Beal.

One source with knowledge of the Wizards' thinking called the report: "100 percent not true."

Via Michael Lee/Washington Post

Deal still doesn't make sense. I think we go over the lux tax with the addition of Gay. Again, this was one of the main reasons why we didn't pull the trigger on James Harden. On top of it all, how much better does Rudy Gay make this team? Not a whole lot. I think this deal would be easier to stomach if the Okafor/Ariza trade never happened.
I'll be pissed beyond belief if Beal is given up for Rudy Gay.

Ok well I understand that angle. I think Wall, Beal, Gay, Seraphin?, and Nene is significantly better than whatever the Wiz can trot out now. Especially if you get rid of Crawford which, imo, is addition by subtraction

I don't even recognize this team right now :pimp: :lol:

Defense is amazing, Vesely and Price going ham too

Last edited:
Wall has returned with a superstar impact on this team. It looks like a whole new squad. The energy level is raised, everyone is passing great, the offense is flowing. Let's see if we can make it 4 straight vs Sac-Town

Wall has returned with a superstar impact on this team. It looks like a whole new squad. The energy level is raised, everyone is passing great, the offense is flowing. Let's see if we can make it 4 straight vs Sac-Town

Right but when even Jan is playing exceptional something is up

Trading for Rudy Gay does sound like something the Wizards would do:  commit even MORE money to a flawed core.  

Ernie probably sees this as a poor man's '08 Celtics:

Pass-first, long-armed point guard with blazing speed.

A shooting guard with a smooth stroke who likes to play off screens.

A rugged small forward capable of getting his own shot and is unafraid of contact.

A veteran power forward with a high basketball IQ. 

A slow, plodding center capable of taking up space.

I'm not altogether opposed to trading the pick.  It's entirely possible that we'll pass Cleveland and Charlotte in the standings before the season ends.  Ernie always seems to squander his picks regardless (though Beal's finally showing signs of life).  With an immovable Nene nearing the end of his useful career, we can't keep drafting 19 year olds and hoping that, in five years, they'll become All Stars.  At some point, we need to make that big trade to put real, proven players on the floor.  I'm just not convinced that Rudy Gay is that trade.

Rudy Gay would be a compensatory move to prove to fans that the team is willing to spend after being justifiably shellacked around the league for passing on the James Harden deal.

The thing is... if you're gonna pay a guy $17+ million a year, he'd better be at least an All Star.  They balked at paying Harden, but Harden makes $3 million LESS annually than Rudy Gay, and has enjoyed a more productive season.

Washington's one of few teams that could afford to overpay for Rudy Gay, since most of their players are still on rookie deals, but the very year Wall's up for his big raise Rudy will make $19 million.  Combine that with Nene, who will transition gracefully from earning $13 million per year to social security in the year 2030, and you'd better be damned sure this is the core you want to commit to.  With the draft, you can at least daydream about drafting the next Damian Lillard.

Okafor only has one year left and he become a huge expiring contract next season, which has value - especially since he's actually playing like a starting caliber center of late.  He'd definitely be included in any trade for Rudy Gay.  A back line of Nene and Seraphin sounds awfully slow, and I don't think anyone sees Washington as being in the mix for Dwight Howard, Blake Griffin, or Josh Smith, regardless of cap space. 

At this point, I'd rather sit back and take another pull in the draft.  Odds are, this deal will still be there in August, when it can be rationally evaluated by Ernie's replacement.  *fingers crossed*
Right but when even Jan is playing exceptional something is up
Well, exceptional by Jan standards.  He still had 5 fouls.

This might be the weakest draft in the past 10 years tho.
And we're not even a lock for a top 5 pick.  That's part of the reason why I said that I'm not opposed to moving it if the right deal comes along.

I'm just not convinced that Rudy Gay is the best move right now.

If there were no such thing as the salary cap and the question were simply, "Is Rudy Gay worth a top 5 pick in a bad draft", then the answer is yes.  A better question is:  "Is Rudy Gay worth a top 5 pick in a bad draft, your starting center, a couple of young players, and 30% of your team's available salary space?

When you trade for a player with a big contract, you're not just exchanging whatever players and picks are necessary to get the deal done; you're also eliminating from consideration every player or combination of players who could possibly fit into that same salary slot.  

That's the actual decision management has to make, and frankly I don't think our front office is currently fit to make the right call.  

It's strange...I was on board for giving up the 2013 pick for Cousins...but NOT for Rudy Gay.

Another thing about last night: Brad Beal w/ 17 points. On TEN shots!!! :pimp:

Wizards actually played beautiful basketball last night. VERY efficient.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom