Washington Wizards 2012-2013 Season Thread - Thanks for a great year!

Will the Washington Wizards make the playoffs this year?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This man Beal has really impressed over the last month, started slow but like y'all said give him time and he'll improve. I'm thrilled he dropped Perkins then later hit the game winner on his bum *** :smokin
Can't ask for anything more than effort from this team and they give it every night. We gotta get healthy tho, please [emoji]128591[/emoji]

He's been a different man since the New Year:

2nc31xk.png

VERY encouraging. Only 19 and will get better.

Well 18 points on 42% shooting isn't great or good he's getting better

Starting to look better than Dion Waiters

Can't believe we won.

Just going to say it again....i like our team when we can't rely on Jordan Crawford. In order to get a shot last night we had to move the ball and pass well.

Beal needs to shoot more honestly. I love his aggressiveness too. You see that drive that he got blocked on where he caught it out on the wing and just went hard to the rack right at Ibaka and Perk....Ibaka blocked him...but still took a lot to jump in there and go for the throw down. He is playing with an edge and i love it
Saraphin looked good last night too

Great win Wiz.

Actually, it is. If he can stay around 42% from here on out, it's VERY encouraging. You have to factor in his age and his initial struggles.

Beal will be a special talent.

Just like I said earlier in the season...let the kid get his feet wet before we start condemning him.

People were really expecting a 19 year old rookie with year of his college under his belt to start showing Ray Allen comparisons fresh out of the gate. Yes...there are some exceptional rookies that come into the league ready from day one. For others...there is a learning curve.

Just as I expected...he's going to be our 2nd best player come season's end and it looks like he's on that path.

It's all about confidence. If Beal can play with confidence that's a bright spot. If that is the one sliver lining during this horrendous start, that Bradley gets his confidence up......so be it. I hope he and Wall can develop a solid chemistry together once John comes back out of the blazer and slacks.

Actually, it is. If he can stay around 42% from here on out, it's VERY encouraging. You have to factor in his age and his initial struggles.

Beal will be a special talent.

True I was judging him roughly but 42% is great for him.

John wall coming Saturday to hopefully shots come easier for Beal afterwards and it rises more

The relationship between Wall and Beal the rest of this season will be a huge determining factor for the direction of the franchise, IMO.

With Kevin Love and AV out with injuries, I wonder if any of our bigs (Emeka and Nene) become sought after commodities for teams in the playoff hunt?

Emeka has really stepped his game up as of late, and maybe someone would be willing to take him off the Wizards' hands...

2s17q86.png

*edit*

John Wall left reebok for 3 stripes....

Last edited:
So Wall is back vs the Hawks?!?!?!! CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!

And JJs is right. Wall is off reebok for Adidas. He was training in top 10 2000s. I really hope these aren't his game shoes. I hope they give him some Crazy Light PEs and it would be awesome if he got some AdiRose PE's and they were released to the public. But i don't know if he would want another players sig shoe in a PE. But i just want a nice adidas basketball shoe in a Wiz colorway that isn't some crap adidas retro like the top 10s

Andray Blatche has a Tupac-esque sexual assault case lingering around North of D.C.

"The more things change, the more they stay the same."

Case is questionable, but at a certain point......the company you keep can't be bringing you down like that. :smh:

I only caught the 4th q because of the Ravens game, but Wall being back clearly makes a huge difference for us.

His J looked rusty(not saying much I know), but having someone with his ability to penetrate just opens things up for everyone. Beal looked solid again as well.

According to Ric Bucher (questionable, I know):

Add the Washington Wizards to the list of teams that are in the mix for the services of Grizzlies small forward Rudy Gay, according to a league source. Not clear on what the Wizards' offer might be but was told it was "a good one." 
Thoughts? 

A couple things worry me...

1. John Hollinger. I think he's in Chris Wallace's ear as far as personnel moves are concerned. Hollinger, had ALWAYS **** on the Wizards from his time at ESPN. He's a #'s guy...the dude who came up with PER. There is obviously something flawed with Rudy Gay if news is leaking that the Wizards have a legit offer. He probably sees something on this roster that could turn into gold over in Memphis. He's aiming to fleece Grunfeld and make him look like an even bigger tool in the process.

2. I don't trust Ernie Grunfeld. Trading for a 27 year old Rudy Gay, who is overpaid and underperforms, absolutely REEKS of a deal he would make. I just worry about what would be sent over to Memphis. My gut tells me that it's along the lines of Beal, either a first in 2013 or 2014, and filler. I'm mentally preparing for this deal to go through and for the worst to happen.

3. WHY THE HELL WOULD WE PASS ON HARDEN ONLY TO BRING IN RUDY ******G GAY????!!!!

4. This has all the makings of a Wizards"esque" trade. It's inevitable. Get ready...

5. The Okafor/Ariza trade has complicated things beyond belief. Adding Gay's salary would put us in the lux tax range (I think) and that was supposedly one of the caveats as to why we never pulled the trigger to bring Harden over :smh:

oh yea....good win tonight.

Last edited:

1. John Hollinger. I think he's in Chris Wallace's ear as far as personnel moves are concerned. Hollinger, had ALWAYS **** on the Wizards from his time at ESPN. He's a #'s guy...the dude who came up with PER. There is obviously something flawed with Rudy Gay if news is leaking that the Wizards have a legit offer. He probably sees something on this roster that could turn into gold over in Memphis. He's aiming to fleece Grunfeld and make him look like an even bigger tool in the process.

2. I don't trust Ernie Grunfeld. Trading for a 27 year old Rudy Gay, who is overpaid and underperforms, absolutely REEKS of a deal he would make. I just worry about what would be sent over to Memphis. My gut tells me that it's along the lines of Beal, either a first in 2013 or 2014, and filler. I'm mentally preparing for this deal to go through and for the worst to happen.

3. WHY THE HELL WOULD WE PASS ON HARDEN ONLY TO BRING IN RUDY ******G GAY????!!!!

4. This has all the makings of a Wizards"esque" trade. It's inevitable. Get ready...

5. The Okafor/Ariza trade has complicated things beyond belief. Adding Gay's salary would put us in the lux tax range (I think) and that was supposedly one of the caveats as to why we never pulled the trigger to bring Harden over
mean.gif

I am also terrified of a Rudy Gay trade

GET RID OF GRUNFELD!!!!! He is destined to make another bad trade to kill this team for another 10 years.

John Wall returns to action!

Jan. 12, 2013 - John Wall's return for the Wizards. Wall put up 14 points along with 4 assists in his season debut!

Last edited:

5. The Okafor/Ariza trade has complicated things beyond belief. Adding Gay's salary would put us in the lux tax range (I think) and that was supposedly one of the caveats as to why we never pulled the trigger to bring Harden over :smh:

So much truth in this post. I'm also against the idea of trading for Gay. Overpriced, inefficient, volume scorers aren't exactly a limited (or desirable) commodity. On the other hand, I have no idea where they go from here. This club is an absolute mess. Wish Wiggins was a year older. :smh: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom