Washington Wizards 2013 - 2014 Season Thread - Thanks for a great season!

Where will the Washington Wizards finish this season?

• Out of the playoffs.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In 8th place.

• In 7th place.

• In 6th place.

• In 5th place.

• I'm delusional and believe the Wizards will finish in 4th place or higher.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Flipping back and forth between the Caps and Wizards...I am 1/2 paying attention to both. That being said, how was the game lost? The times I was watching, the team looked really good and was up by 12 in the 3rd.

******g Nene :smh:

^Nene being out was a big part of it, without him we have no low post offense and were settling for WAY too many jumpers. We shot probably like 20% in the third quarter because everything was a jumpshot. Wall went ice cold and Beal was just off the whole game, he still hasn't found his groove yet.

Gortat is normally a good low post player from when I've seen him in the past, but he clearly doesn't know the plays yet so we couldn't work the ball to him like we do Nene. Most of his points were hustle plays. Basically we had to rely on Seraphin for post play who would either force up a terrible shot (seriously, there was one possession where he tried to back Daniel Orton down for like 10 seconds and couldn't even move him, then instead of passing tries to shoot a turnaround and gets it blocked back in his face) or turn it over (another possession in the 4th where he got doubleteamed and froze up because he had no idea where the open man was, and instead tries to clear out the defender with a forearm and gets called for the offensive foul).

Defense was just atrocious. Wall was letting MCW and Turner cook him. Team defense as a whole was bad, but imo Wall's individual defense was singlehandedly a big reason why we lost because most of the key possessions where we really needed a stop, Wall was the one giving up the drive or easy bucket.

Previously I wanted to keep Wittman around because of what he did with our defense last year, but if he isn't even doing that there is no reason for him to remain with the team.

Just smh man.. :smh:

Last edited:
DT - thanks for that.

In regards to Wittman...maybe see how it goes after 5 games or so. Despite the 0-2 start, this team DOES have promise. I would much rather make a coaching change early in the season so the team can figure out what it needs to do offensively and defensively.

Agreed DJs, we can't afford to have another disastrous start like we did last year. If things are going downhill, fire the coach immediately and start afresh as early as possible. If we go 0-5 Wittman is out of here, we don't need career losers coaching this team anymore.

This is our schedule the rest of the month, and out of these 15 games honestly I'm not seeing more than 4-5 wins based on how we've been playing:

@ Heat
@ Sixers
vs. Nets
@ Oklahoma
@ Dallas
@ San Antonio
vs. Cavaliers
vs. Timberwolves
@ Cavaliers
@ Raptors
vs. Knicks
vs. Lakers
@ Bucks
@ Pacers
vs. Hawks

Last edited:
Was at the game.

Wall is the only person on the team that can score off the dribble

Beal spot up 3's are money. Off the dribble not so much

Booker why is he still here?

Nene dont get me started on him

Philly got in the lane whenever they wanted. A ton of offensive rebounds as well

Coaching- Wall was out of the game for a long time. Could have had Karl or SVG. Ted decided to stay put.

Still got 80 games left tho!!!!

Was at the game.

Wall is the only person on the team that can score off the dribble

Beal spot up 3's are money. Off the dribble not so much

Booker why is he still here?

Nene dont get me started on him

Philly got in the lane whenever they wanted. A ton of offensive rebounds as well

Coaching- Wall was out of the game for a long time. Could have had Karl or SVG. Ted decided to stay put.

Still got 80 games left tho!!!!
Booker was the only out there besides Wall actually puttin in work.

mean.gif

:smh: Wasn't expecting anything different vs the Heat..

At least Beal is out of his shooting slump

We looked horrible at times vs the heat....so many completely unnecessary turnovers. I know the heat are good defensively but some of them were lazy/outrageous.

0-3 isn't too bad....but it seems like Wall is the only player that can create off the dribble consistently......so again....why isn't Glen Rice Jr. getting in games. Is he hurt? Even last night against that heat when we were down 17....just let him prove himself. I am not saying he is going to be our number 2 option on offense but he can provide some scoring help so wall doesn't have to carry the load.

I like gortat though.....i hate nene....booker at least never stops working and gives max effort so i can't be mad he just isn't that skilled.

Nene getting an MRI on his leg...supposedly the pain goes from his calf to his achillies. I seriously wonder if him being out of shape/heavy has anything to do with it? As you know with Wizards MRI's, we'll probably learn the results around the time Detox drops. STILL no word on Otto Porter.

I'd have to think that if the Wizards lose on Wed in Philly, Wittman will be canned before the Acela express can take him back to Union Station.

0-3 isn't too bad....but it seems like Wall is the only player that can create off the dribble consistently..

this is the main thing I have noticed, every player on the team sans Wall and Beal has not a single bit of agility/ball handling skills. Watching Ariza with his stiff *** handles makes my brain hurt, dude gets absolutely nowhere when someone D's up on him :x. Can't wait to get Otto back to inject this team with some athleticism, until then I say give Rice some PT

Offense isn't the problem. 

The team is giving up 108 points per and a league high 51% on FGs.

You can't beat ANYONE if you're letting them make half of the their shots as well as over 70% in the paint.

I like what Gortat brings, but the loss of Okafor is killing this team defensively. I mean, we would have been without his services anyways b/c he's hurt...but still. Something needs to give.

Im not for canning wittman yet, imo when you fire a coach midseason its rare that you pick up a good one, most of them are cheeks

Some situations it works out for the best like Vogel with the pacers, but seriously who thinks we can actually net a good coach?

I agree firing him this early would be a knee jerk reaction...but I wouldn't complain.

They're getting blitzed on D...but at the same time they don't really have the personnel to be a better defensive team. Don't let those numbers from the 2nd half of last season lie to you. Wall and Ariza are solid on D. But the interior D is just AWFUL. A new coach isn't going to make this group of big men better defenders.

I'm surprised that I am the only one that voted out of the playoffs before the season started. This squad is bunz

I'm surprised that I am the only one that voted out of the playoffs before the season started. This squad is bunz
No lie. This is almost the same sorry team from last season, and Ted and Ernie expected different results? yeah yeah yeah Wall came back and the were competitive but it was just the late season fools gold run the Wizards go on every year

No lie. This is almost the same sorry team from last season, and Ted and Ernie expected different results? yeah yeah yeah Wall came back and the were competitive but it was just the late season fools gold run the Wizards go on every year

Im not down and out on them yet, i feel we need to trade for shot blockers tho. Nene will never be a rim protector and we got rid of Okafor which was the best on the team at that

I never really watched Gortat enough to know if he protects the basket, but if he doesnt we are screwed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom