Washington Wizards 2013 - 2014 Season Thread - Thanks for a great season!

Where will the Washington Wizards finish this season?

• Out of the playoffs.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In 8th place.

• In 7th place.

• In 6th place.

• In 5th place.

• I'm delusional and believe the Wizards will finish in 4th place or higher.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said this before and I'll keep saying it:

The fact that the Wizards haven't retired #23 is an absolute travesty.

Pat Riley and Mickey Arison had enough respect for MJ to retire his number in Miami.  And yet, after everything he did for this franchise, the Wizards still haven't had the decency to do so. 

This is a guy who divested of his shares in the team, played for the league minimum, and donated his salary to the 9/11 victims' fund.  He elevated the profile of the franchise.  The Verizon Center sold out every night he suited up.  

For them to treat him as they did is disgusting - and you can't blame it all on Abe.

They need to right this wrong.  

Pat Riley and Mickey Arison had enough respect for MJ to retire his number in Miami.  And yet, after everything he did for this franchise, the Wizards still haven't had the decency to do so. 
This is a guy who divested of his shares in the team, played for the league minimum, and donated his salary to the 9/11 victims' fund.  He elevated the profile of the franchise.  The Verizon Center sold out every night he suited up.  

For them to treat him as they did is disgusting - and you can't blame it all on Abe.

I agree. It was also MJ who boosted the ticket sales and jersey sales in Washington when he played there. Before I never
wanted to watch any Wizards game and after also not.
Unthankful pack!

This is spot on. Our franchise was a dump before Jordan got here. Jordan busted his a** to make us respectable again. That number should be hanging in the rafters

Only saw MJ play once. I think it was my first Wizards game too. Well before I really followed the NBA. Dont remember anything other than he was wearing the white/blue 18s.

I think the Wizards already have a hire in place of Cassell. Just waiting on the dust to settle before announcing.

Cassell leaving for what would appear to be a lateral move (assistant coach to assistant coach) doesn't exactly reflect well on the franchise. 

Selfishly, I'm not all that mad to see Wall and Beal cut from the national team, however.  Less wear and tear on Beal is always a plus, less risk of injury, and it should leave both players with a chip on their shoulders.  

We all knew that Irving would be favored given his Duke connections, regardless of his questionable shot selection and commitment to defense.  

John didn't help himself in the practices and scrimmage either. 

He had cut himself well before the first half was over.

What??? How tf did that happen? And why wouldn't they just work something out with mj?
Forgot the specifics but it has something to do with the fact that the league owned the hornets namesake for awhile before the saints owner brought it and change it to the pelicans. But on the hornets site they said the league regulated that they make changes and updates to the jerseys and logos but they'll be allowed to wear the original jerseys for throwback nights. So MJ couldn't do much but I'm still surprised he got around Adidas making the jerseys

Last edited:
Meth start the nee thread bruh

First game against the heat right? Tryna catch 3 games before christmas break

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom