Washington Wizards 2014-2015 Season Thread - Thanks for a great season!

Will the Wizards win the Southeast Division this season?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Pat Buchanan

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice W 
nthat.gif

This ones on Wall. How on earth could you let Russell just waltz to the rim when you KNOW he ain't EVER gonna pass up the chance at being the hero

We usually play OKC well in DC but they shut Beal all the way down defensively. Terrible game

Bradley Beal is really starting to piss me off. I know the injury slowed him down but at this stage in his career he should be playing at a higher level.

John Wall....ugh. I'm fine w/ the crossover to fade away at ANY OTHER point in the game. Not with the game on the line. That's not his game.

I'll say it again. We need someone off the bench that's a legit scoring threat.

What a **** way to lose a game 
mean.gif

Last edited:
Bradley Beal is really starting to piss me off. I know the injury slowed him down but at this stage in his career he should be playing at a higher level.

John Wall....ugh. I'm fine w/ the crossover to fade away at ANY OTHER point in the game. Not with the game on the line. That's not his game.

I'll say it again. We need someone off the bench that's a legit scoring threat.

What a **** way to lose a game :smh:

Beal annoyed the hell out of me all night. His handle is still average at best and he doesn't know how to use a screen to save his life when he has the ball in his hands. He almost always runs right into the trap

End of game iso's for a player whose jumper isn't great are just asinine. Idk what the hell Wittman drew up. Pierce should be the closer if you're gonna force up a jump shot

The lack of focus and defense in that fourth quarter was just 
indifferent.gif
, This game should have been ours

Ugh...I'm looking at the last play again. Why the **** was John Wall still glued to Dion ******* Waiters when he saw Westbrook coming full steam to the basket?

They better get in the film room and fix this type of **** now or the playoffs we're all looking forward to won't last long. Way too many mental collapses for a team that's supposed to be a contender.

Pissed off man. We gotta maintain lock down defense the entire game. We made KD and RW struggle

Last edited:
Beal, there is 3.6 seconds left...the last thing you want to do is let Russel catch the ball full stride running toward the basket. How can you overplay him that badly in the back court!!!!!
:rolleyes :smh:

Should have had that W last night...I'm not happy with how things turned out.

Another thing...I think the team needs an upgrade at the backup PG spot. Love what Dre brings to the table, but (no pun) he's food out there on defense and REALLY seems a step slower this year. If I'm EG, I'm calling up Brooklyn and seeing if we can pry Jarrett Jack out of there.

Get this team a back up PG who can run the offense, score a bit, and not be swiss cheese on defense, and we'll be THAT much better going forward.

Should have had that W last night...I'm not happy with how things turned out.

Another thing...I think the team needs an upgrade at the backup PG spot. Love what Dre brings to the table, but (no pun) he's food out there on defense and REALLY seems a step slower this year. If I'm EG, I'm calling up Brooklyn and seeing if we can pry Jarrett Jack out of there.

Get this team a back up PG who can run the offense, score a bit, and not be swiss cheese on defense, and we'll be THAT much better going forward.

been saying this all season, Andre is a liability, he can't keep up with the opposing point guard and has so little athleticism nearly every drive to the hoop gets swatted after he tries to flop his way to a whistle

Beal's defense on Westbrook on that last play reminded me a lot of the Lebron game-winner two years ago in the ECF with Paul George guarding him. Both of them overplayed and let up an easy drive to the basket.

They just called john wall a scoring PG on first take idk if they even watch wizards games

As for that game winning possesion by westbrook i've seen that phenomenon happen before and i've lived it as well, when a guy is goin so fast no one wants to get between him and the rim

Plus it doesnt help that john messed up there too, but all in all i feel the game the wiz played was good

Beal isnt the most consistent player but what we regularly get from him, gives him a mulligan for this game from me

Despite all the mental errors idk why people dont just chalk up the loss to the fact that we simply played a better team

Well if they're calling wall a scoring PG, you know the answer if they watch the games.

That last possession by OKC, Wall had 5 fouls. Wasn't much he could do...that was on Beal for the lack of defense on Westbrook.

Some real ticky-tack calls last night...

They just called john wall a scoring PG on first take idk if they even watch wizards games

As for that game winning possesion by westbrook i've seen that phenomenon happen before and i've lived it as well, when a guy is goin so fast no one wants to get between him and the rim

Plus it doesnt help that john messed up there too, but all in all i feel the game the wiz played was good

Beal isnt the most consistent player but what we regularly get from him, gives him a mulligan for this game from me

Despite all the mental errors idk why people dont just chalk up the loss to the fact that we simply played a better team

Meanwhile he leads the NBA in assists

We look ready to give up that 2nd seed to the Bulls with how we're playing now smh

Blowing double digit halftime leads is starting to get real annoying

I'm so frustrated by this offense.  

Only Charlotte attempts more 15-19 foot jump shots.  We take 18 of them a game and make only 41% of them. 

Only the Lakers attempt more 10-14 foot jump shots.  We shoot 9 of those and hit, you guessed it, 41% of them. 

The Wizards average just under 16 three point attempts per game.  Only the Kings and Wolves take fewer.  We make 38.2% of those.  

Why the hell are we taking so many LONG mid-range shots?  We're not shooting a significantly higher percentage from that range, and they're worth 2 points.  33% 3P% = 50% 2P%.  Tonight's game was a PERFECT illustration of that.  The Wizards came out on fire, but the Blazers' distance shooting helped them come back against the Wizards' stodgy, outdated offense.  47% FG% loses to 41.9% 3P%.

The bench tonight was TERRIBLE, but Otto recorded a DNP-CD.  What is the point of undying loyalty to Martell Webster and Rasual Butler when they're giving us NOTHING and are NOT part of the team's long term plan?  It's one thing to run a meritocracy and allow performance to dictate minutes, but Webster hasn't done ANYTHING all year.  Rasual Butler is back to playing like Rasual Butler.  If you've already decided that Otto Porter will never be a contributor, trade him.   Get SOMETHING.  Having him rack up DNP CDs is only going to further diminish his value to the point where we'll get NOTHING back.  

It's bad enough watching Klay Thompson set the world on fire while Jan Vesely is somewhere in Europe, not working on his jumpshot.  Otto is one of few players left on this team who can RUN with John Wall.  Yet it seems he's only dusted off to play with the oldest active player in the NBA. 

Randy's obsession with Trevor Ariza and Webster helped stunt Porter's growth last season.  This year, Butler's surprising resurgence is already coming back to bite us.  Now Randy's quick to pull the plug on Beal to play Rasual with the starters.  (The latest "wrinkle" he's added to his sub patterns, which had been a total line change.)  Wittman makes his substitutions at the same time every game, seemingly regardless of circumstance.  He's on auto-pilot.  

I am sick to death of watching a team full of talented offensive players run into each other for 20 seconds to engineer a contested 18 foot jump shot.  

I'm so frustrated by this offense.  

Only Charlotte attempts more 15-19 foot jump shots.  We take 18 of them a game and make only 41% of them. 

Only the Lakers attempt more 10-14 foot jump shots.  We shoot 9 of those and hit, you guessed it, 41% of them. 

The Wizards average just under 16 three point attempts per game.  Only the Kings and Wolves take fewer.  We make 38.2% of those.  

Why the hell are we taking so many LONG mid-range shots?  We're not shooting a significantly higher percentage from that range, and they're worth 2 points.  33% 3P% = 50% 2P%.  Tonight's game was a PERFECT illustration of that.  The Wizards came out on fire, but the Blazers' distance shooting helped them come back against the Wizards' stodgy, outdated offense.  47% FG% loses to 41.9% 3P%.

The bench tonight was TERRIBLE, but Otto recorded a DNP-CD.  What is the point of undying loyalty to Martell Webster and Rasual Butler when they're giving us NOTHING and are NOT part of the team's long term plan?  It's one thing to run a meritocracy and allow performance to dictate minutes, but Webster hasn't done ANYTHING all year.  Rasual Butler is back to playing like Rasual Butler.  If you've already decided that Otto Porter will never be a contributor, trade him.   Get SOMETHING.  Having him rack up DNP CDs is only going to further diminish his value to the point where we'll get NOTHING back.  

It's bad enough watching Klay Thompson set the world on fire while Jan Vesely is somewhere in Europe, not working on his jumpshot.  Otto is one of few players left on this team who can RUN with John Wall.  Yet it seems he's only dusted off to play with the oldest active player in the NBA. 

Randy's obsession with Trevor Ariza and Webster helped stunt Porter's growth last season.  This year, Butler's surprising resurgence is already coming back to bite us.  Now Randy's quick to pull the plug on Beal to play Rasual with the starters.  (The latest "wrinkle" he's added to his sub patterns, which had been a total line change.)  Wittman makes his substitutions at the same time every game, seemingly regardless of circumstance.  He's on auto-pilot.  

I am sick to death of watching a team full of talented offensive players run into each other for 20 seconds to engineer a contested 18 foot jump shot.  
Rasual just recently reverted back to his old self. Your supposed to reward players who play good and Butler was def on a good run. Now Otto may get a chance. I Miller is great, but we really need a combo guard at this point who can score and push the pace. I wouldn't even mind a big line up of Temple at the point for a few minutes.

This WC road trip is not starting off well at all. Lost to the Blazers yesterday, now we're struggling against the Nuggets. We've struggled against the West and quality opponents this year, which is concerning if we want to be know as a contender.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom