Washington Wizards 2014-2015 Season Thread - Thanks for a great season!

Will the Wizards win the Southeast Division this season?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Pat Buchanan

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
 Meth...Randy Wittman.

I mean....??????
Sorry, I'm still not ready to give him all the credit.  

Not to take the luster off the accomplishment, but we handily dispatched a "down on their luck" fourth seed last year, too.  The Wizards aren't playing like the same team that nosedived through February, but the Raptors aren't the same team that clobbered us in the regular season, either.  

Let's see this squad beat a team with superior talent.  Then I'll be more inclined to credit the coaching staff for the victory.  The Hawks are looking a little banged up and less focused than they were when they went undefeated for an entire month.  Although we arguably have more talent on our roster, they have the coach of the year.  Let's start there. 

And again, people made the argument that the Wizards were playing rope a dope, that they were in "bad shot training" all year long... but that's not how they won this series.  They did not win this series taking bad midrange shots.  Pierce made it clear in the aforementioned interview that the team finally worked in changes that the PLAYERS were clamoring for.  

Our shot chart tonight looks VERY different from the regular season.  Easy baskets inside.  Three point attempts.  Not many long twos.  

I don't buy the "Wittman's style is bad for the regular season, but GREAT for the playoffs" argument in that we're not playing the same way we did in the regular season.  That is why we're winning.  

Well, that and OUTSTANDING effort from the players.  I have never seen a Wizards team play like that.  Ever.  

It almost makes you forget that ownership is so cheap that they'll only do playoff t-shirts once a year.  

Way to complete the sweep.
pimp.gif
 Didn't expect to see a blowout, the Raptors seemed like they gave up after the Wiz jumped to the early lead.

I went to the Friday game and had so much fun

I hope the Atlanta series goes a while so we can rest

Sorry, I'm still not ready to give him all the credit.  

Not to take the luster off the accomplishment, but we handily dispatched a "down on their luck" fourth seed last year, too.  The Wizards aren't playing like the same team that nosedived through February, but the Raptors aren't the same team that clobbered us in the regular season, either.  

Let's see this squad beat a team with superior talent.  Then I'll be more inclined to credit the coaching staff for the victory.  The Hawks are looking a little banged up and less focused than they were when they went undefeated for an entire month.  Although we arguably have more talent on our roster, they have the coach of the year.  Let's start there. 

And again, people made the argument that the Wizards were playing rope a dope, that they were in "bad shot training" all year long... but that's not how they won this series.  They did not win this series taking bad midrange shots.  Pierce made it clear in the aforementioned interview that the team finally worked in changes that the PLAYERS were clamoring for.  

Our shot chart tonight looks VERY different from the regular season.  Easy baskets inside.  Three point attempts.  Not many long twos.  

I don't buy the "Wittman's style is bad for the regular season, but GREAT for the playoffs" argument in that we're not playing the same way we did in the regular season.  That is why we're winning.  

Well, that and OUTSTANDING effort from the players.  I have never seen a Wizards team play like that.  Ever.  

It almost makes you forget that ownership is so cheap that they'll only do playoff t-shirts once a year.  

Oh, trust me...I'm with you. It's going to be interesting to see what he does going forward. I think it's giving him too much credit for "playing" possum during the regular season. Like you said, it took for the players to demand change for Wittman to concede. People can say that Toronto fell off, but the Wizards weren't exactly tearing things up after the all-star break as well. This team looked dead in the water for the better part of the last month and a half of the season. I've NEVER seen the Wizards play basketball this well in my life. I literally have zero complaints about how the first round went. It was surgical and they made the Raptors look JV.

While I'm enjoying this ride right now, I think we all know that Witt will be back in the fold next year (and the same with EG). However, we can worry about those scenarios after the season is done.

With the way the team is playing, and seeing how the Hawks have been battling every game to get past the 8th seed, I see no reason for us Wizards fans to not be optimistic going forward. We're hot right now with everything clicking. I don't even want to hear about the regular season record vs. Atlanta, because if this series vs. the Raptors proved anything, it's that regular season records don't mean squat when the playoffs roll around.

yaw GENUINELY Think we can beat the hawks? THoughts? I low key fear that team that went undefeated for like a month... Hopefully the Nets push em to the brink and we jump on the leftovers and decimate em....

Agreed about the rest. However, I truly believe this team is focused and last year's 2nd round exit left a chip on their shoulder. The Hawks look very beatable now but it could be a wakeup call for them. Either way I like our chances much more in the 2nd round.

Trying to decide if I'll pull the trigger for some 2nd round tickets. $500 for 2 tickets in the 100s is kinda steep. 200s arent that much cheaper either.

Last edited:
Agreed about the rest. However, I truly believe this team is focused and last year's 2nd round exit left a chip on their shoulder. The Hawks look very beatable now but it could be a wakeup call for them. Either way I like our chances much more in the 2nd round.

Trying to decide if I'll pull the trigger for some 2nd round tickets. $500 for 2 tickets in the 100s is kinda steep. 200s arent that much cheaper either.
Chill bruh. You might want tickets for the conference finals or..... may I hope so.... THE finals

I'm trying not to get too excited.  We did win game one against a vulnerable looking Indiana team last year, and the injuries to Wall and Beal are an obvious concern.  Still, it's been an unprecedented run thus far for this franchise.  Here's hoping it can continue.    

glasses.gif
nthat.gif
pimp.gif

Yall will start listening too me.....*******live in fantasy world...HAWKS are a GOOD team..not a dominat team...no star..no killer..no go too player lastb5 mins...GREAT team for reg season..WIZnation they just dont get it....hawks are SOFT...lennox Mall soft......wiz game 1
Quoting the goat Gil Zero Himself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom