Washington Wizards 2014-2015 Season Thread - Thanks for a great season!

Will the Wizards win the Southeast Division this season?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Pat Buchanan

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That cleveland wizards series would be too nice, i saw the chippiness was there, if it were in the playoffs it would of been a slugfest

Nice W nonetheless 
nthat.gif

Really pleased with the bench and Seraphin/Humph recently. Kevin coming up big tonight. If his dunk attempt would have fallen, would've been sick. Finish this game strong.

If Dejuan Blair is the odd man out of the rotation, we need to trade him. He has too much value to just log DNPs. We could use another shooter, preferably a stretch big.

If Dejuan Blair is the odd man out of the rotation, we need to trade him. He has too much value to just log DNPs. We could use another shooter, preferably a stretch big.

What about sending him to Milwaukee for Illyasova? Not sure what Illyasova's contract is, but he'd add another dimension to this squad that we could use. Shooting.

I'm late, but I couldn't be prouder of this Wizards team. Going back to last year, being down by 15, that is a game we would have lost 10x out of 10. This squad is growing up right before our eyes. We have the perfect mix of youth and veterans. This squad is as deep as you'll find in the league, and IF they can keep reasonable health, 52 wins shouldn't be out of the question.

*In addition to the squad growing up, so has Randy Wittman. Love having this guy as coach.

You say that, but we're 12 games in and the great Nene injury roller coaster has just begun.  If we start Humphries, I expect to see Blair earn more minutes.

It's too early to give up on him, especially considering that Gooden is in the twilight of his career.  Even if gets no burn this season, he could prove his worth next year.  The price is right, too.  Two years, $2 million per, with a team option for a third. 

Seraphin is in the last year of his deal.  If he keeps playing well, we might not be able to afford him.  Blair's rebounding may then become even more important if we have to go smaller with that second unit next year.  

What about sending him to Milwaukee for Illyasova? Not sure what Illyasova's contract is, but he'd add another dimension to this squad that we could use. Shooting.

I'm late, but I couldn't be prouder of this Wizards team. Going back to last year, being down by 15, that is a game we would have lost 10x out of 10. This squad is growing up right before our eyes. We have the perfect mix of youth and veterans. This squad is as deep as you'll find in the league, and IF they can keep reasonable health, 52 wins shouldn't be out of the question.
The contracts don't match.  Ilyasova is massively overpaid at nearly $8 million per.  You'd need to bundle Blair with Webster to come within 20%.  We have the fourth highest payroll in the league - the most of any time under the cap.  A move like that would effectively kill our chance to re-up Kevin next season.  

Remember, we'll probably need to replace Andre Miller next season.  He's in the last year of his deal and, according to Frank Sinatra, Andre Miller is 137 years old.  

There aren't many teams that NEED the projected cap boost more than Washington.  They're too cheap to ever go into the tax, but they need to spend to the absolute limit of the cap in order to contend in the East and maintain the current roster.  

Bear in mind, too, that Beal is still on his rookie contract.  In 2016-2017, we'll have to be prepared to spend max money on him - and that's not today's max.  That's post-$24B tv contract and potentially post-strike max.  

I do agree with you on last night's win, however.  That was a perfect trap game.  You come off an emotional victory on national television and play on the road against a hungry, overachieving (and overlooked) team.  I expected them to come out flat.  I did NOT expect them to come back the way they did.  That fourth quarter got ugly - again - but the results continue to impress.  

We just have to hope that they can clean up some of these game/possession management issues on the fly, without it really catching up to them.  The soft schedule has cushioned us against Beal's absence and the adjustment period associated with working in the new arrivals.  We'll really see what this squad is made of once they make their five game road trip in late December.  

nthat.gif

We still don't get any love and are constantly over looked.  During the Cavs game the announcers were talking about big men that are great passers because of Anderson Verajo (sp?).  And they were like oh Joakim Noah is another one...so is lamarcus aldridge.  And name like 2 more good passing big men...yet there are two on the team you are calling that are excellent passers.  I think Nene is one of the best passing big men in the league and gortat is great too.  Yet no mention.

Then the half time show is saying the "east is wide open"  you have "Chicago, Cleveland, Toronto, and Miami then its wide open.  Like uh....not even a mention of the wiz? I know i am a homer but i think we deserve a mention.  We are a playoff team.

*In addition to the squad growing up, so has Randy Wittman. Love having this guy as coach.

Crazy how last years some of us in here were calling for his head, glad to see us have this success with a no name coach, we are really coming from the bottom.

Crazy how last years some of us in here were calling for his head, glad to see us have this success with a no name coach, we are really coming from the bottom.
laugh.gif
 He's played in the league and coached for a while. I don't think he deserves the no name label.

If you meant "big name"...well then yeah but how many of those are left anyway?

We still don't get any love and are constantly over looked.  During the Cavs game the announcers were talking about big men that are great passers because of Anderson Verajo (sp?).  And they were like oh Joakim Noah is another one...so is lamarcus aldridge.  And name like 2 more good passing big men...yet there are two on the team you are calling that are excellent passers.  I think Nene is one of the best passing big men in the league and gortat is great too.  Yet no mention.

Then the half time show is saying the "east is wide open"  you have "Chicago, Cleveland, Toronto, and Miami then its wide open.  Like uh....not even a mention of the wiz? I know i am a homer but i think we deserve a mention.  We are a playoff team.
Noticed this the other day... Smh. It's whatever. We'll show em. 

I remember someone on here calling for George Karl while crapping on Randy. I appreciate what he has done for the locker room. Purged the knuckleheads (though I'm still a fan of Nick, Crawford, and Javale), got them playing great defense, and has really challenged these guys. Sure there have been some ugly years, and the offense isn't that imaginative, but these guys are playing winning basketball. They'll get my money before I go to another Skins game...

As for us not getting our due respect im just as confused as you guys

I hear the raptors getting tons of praise and deservingly so, but when i heard them put the bulls up there and im like what?!?!? Is that pretty much the same team we routed in the playoffs

Even tho Rose is back i see us neck and neck with them

As for us not getting our due respect im just as confused as you guys

I hear the raptors getting tons of praise and deservingly so, but when i heard them put the bulls up there and im like what?!?!? Is that pretty much the same team we routed in the playoffs

Even tho Rose is back i see us neck and neck with them

IMO it is a blessing to not be getting the respect. You don't want this team feeling that they made it. Playing with a chip on their shoulder has really motivated these players. I wouldn't think you'd want to lose that edge. It is clear this team does not play well from ahead. Let them think they have something to prove. Keep them hungry.

^Repped

Forgot how they would often let teams get back into games after holding a lead.

I believe the Pacers series will mark the turning point for this franchise. A talented, hungry young core mixed with battle tested vets is a dangerous thing. And if the Cavs don't turn into the Heat 2.0 right away, and OKC struggles in a loaded WC, KD2DC is very real. Jus sayin

I remember someone on here calling for George Karl while crapping on Randy. I appreciate what he has done for the locker room. Purged the knuckleheads (though I'm still a fan of Nick, Crawford, and Javale), got them playing great defense, and has really challenged these guys. Sure there have been some ugly years, and the offense isn't that imaginative, but these guys are playing winning basketball. They'll get my money before I go to another Skins game...
It was me. I still don't like Randy, but it is what it is. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom