WCW Saturday Night/WorldWide Jobber Appreciation

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I know Bischoff knows he dropped the ball by not giving the TALENTED wrestlers proper shine. Allowing Hogan and those old cheese balls hog up all of the time.
Hogan and nWo made wcw worth watching and brought life back to it, up until they killed it.
Until nWo I had hated wcw forever, would only watch 8-9 hour, then only switch over during Raw commercials.

Sting, DDP, Hall were probably my favorite wcw peeps, and they all were older then.

Always loved wwf, although this was when I was like 10, and quality wrestling meant quality storylines, and quality storylines meant a girls shirt getting pulled off lol

WCW made Glacier's entrance/debut soooo epic�
roll.gif

"This is a moment we'll remember for a very long time"

Fail.

They dropped the ball with Glacier...considering his epic entrance and gimmick 

WCW made Glacier's entrance/debut soooo epic�
roll.gif

"This is a moment we'll remember for a very long time"

Fail.

They dropped the ball with Glacier...considering his epic entrance and gimmick 

I know Bischoff knows he dropped the ball by not giving the TALENTED wrestlers proper shine. Allowing Hogan and those old cheese balls hog up all of the time.
I don't give a damn what anyone says...

Eric Bischoff was a god damn genius.

He took on what was considered to be an unstoppable force (WWE) and for a while won.

Dude just effed up. He catered to his boys and allowed his friends to run the company into the ground. I'm a strong believer that NO wrestler should ever have complete creative control over their character.

After his brief split from the company in '99, dude just never bounced back creatively.

I don't give a damn what anyone says...

Eric Bischoff was a god damn genius.

He took on what was considered to be an unstoppable force (WWE) and for a while won.

Dude just effed up. He catered to his boys and allowed his friends to run the company into the ground. I'm a strong believer that NO wrestler should ever have complete creative control over their character.

After his brief split from the company in '99, dude just never bounced back creatively.

WWF Sunday Night Heat>>WCW Saturday Night

I would watch Heat before I would watch a payperview. But back then there weren't any online live streams. You had to turn it to channel 99 and just get the audio with a glimpse or two of visuals whenever it appeared.

WWF Sunday Night Heat>>WCW Saturday Night

I would watch Heat before I would watch a payperview. But back then there weren't any online live streams. You had to turn it to channel 99 and just get the audio with a glimpse or two of visuals whenever it appeared.

You all are missing my point.

Yes the NWO made WCW surpass WWF in the Monday Night Wars. But the people that usually opened the shows, Mysterio, Benoit, Guerrero, Malenko, Jericho. All people who were "too small" to be world champs or to be taken serious were disrespected. Those dudes held the fans interest until the NWO did their thang towards the end of the hours.

Yes the NWO made WCW surpass WWF in the Monday Night Wars. But the people that usually opened the shows, Mysterio, Benoit, Guerrero, Malenko, Jericho. All people who were "too small" to be world champs or to be taken serious were disrespected. Those dudes held the fans interest until the NWO did their thang towards the end of the hours.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]too true... i was done with the NWO when paul white joined. to me it was done...[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]but the opening to nitros and what have you... good god they couldn't be touched.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]wcw undercard >[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]wwf main eventers >[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]and that's pretty much the way i watched them every monday night.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]too true... i was done with the NWO when paul white joined. to me it was done...[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]but the opening to nitros and what have you... good god they couldn't be touched.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]wcw undercard >[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]wwf main eventers >[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]and that's pretty much the way i watched them every monday night.[/color]

Nah.. I feel you 100%

And all of those people with the exception of Malenko (because he had 0 charisma) later became world champions.

In the late 90's - Early 00's,  I honestly feel like they could never have been on "that level" based on the landscape of the industry at the time.

Just like the shift now. Fans are more open to Tweener and characters who break kayfabe.

In that era, it was all about marquee names and big guys.

Nah.. I feel you 100%

And all of those people with the exception of Malenko (because he had 0 charisma) later became world champions.

In the late 90's - Early 00's,  I honestly feel like they could never have been on "that level" based on the landscape of the industry at the time.

Just like the shift now. Fans are more open to Tweener and characters who break kayfabe.

In that era, it was all about marquee names and big guys.

Back
Top Bottom