WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

And also, is Maria Stark supposed to be his Mother now?  From what I remember, she was never associated with being his birth mother which was supposed to be a mystery for some reason.

I think Marvel was afraid that the rings would be to similar to the Infinity Stones, so they duped the hardcore fans while giving the general audience a popcorn flick that could ride the Avengers wave.

Their overall track record is very good, but in the particular case of IM3: Apology not accepted.

I think once IM1 took off and they saw the promise for a larger universe, favreau lost creative control

They story was well adapted to modern times.. And I think if marvel had it to do again they let favreau do his thing more with the rest of the IM movies

It's believable that Howard looked that young in his 80s. Just as believable as Peggy looking that good when I guess she was suppose to be in her late 60s :lol:

And also, is Maria Stark supposed to be his Mother now?  From what I remember, she was never associated with being his birth mother which was supposed to be a mystery for some reason.
Don't think it matters, she's the mother that raised and cared for him.

Last edited:
So what movie is Carol Danvers supposed to show up in?  She's supposed to be 1 of the more powerful Avengers up there with Hulk, Thor, Wanda and Vision right?

Last edited:
IRON MAN 3 DIRECTOR SHANE BLACK SAYS 'REAL' MANDARIN WAS MARVEL'S APOLOGY TO FANS AND A LEAD FEMALE VILLAIN REMOVED

Marvel's short film "All Hail the King" was a response to Iron Man 3, according to director Shane Black.

"Marvel saw so many negative things they made a whole other movie just to apologize called [sic] Hail to the King," Black told Uproxx's Mike Ryan when the topic of negative online comments regarding Iron Man 3 came up. "In which they said, 'No, no, the Mandarin is still alive. That wasn't him. There's a real Mandarin." The only reason it was made, he added, was to apologize to angry fans.

Marvel didn't expect backlash to Iron Man 3's treatment of the character—in fact, the studio thought fans would "eat it up."

"It never occurred to us the Mandarin is as iconic to people as, say, the Joker in Batman," Black said. "[Fans] just wanted to see the magic rings shoot lasers."

I still think he doesn't get it.

He sounds salty as hell. I don't think he gets it either.

There's been so many well done sorcerers and Sith Lords in film and these guys can't even portray Dr. Doom and Mandarin right. :smh:

Last edited:
Last edited:
I can't believe toys are such a big deal.

Money is a big deal. Girls don't want action figures as much as boys do. Merchandising is another big part of the business. That's why Marvel/Disney did that Spidey deal. They still make money from flipping toys.

I've spent way more money on toys than movies and I already feel like I spend way too much money on movies 
laugh.gif

I know this is the marvel thread but I think I remember they shut down a DC cartoon cuz it catered to girls too much (and not enough toy merchandise)

I think it was Young Justice.

These execs love the little boys best. Pause.

I can't believe toys are such a big deal.
the 7 films of the star wars franchise have made a total of 6.2 billion dollars at the box office

star wars toys have made 12.1 billion dollars 
But but but I thought more money meant the best creative decisions would be made.
well to an extent, usually its the most talented minds that cost the most money

the best creative decisions result in more enjoyable movies which result in more toy sales. I think it's fair to say Disney understands this.

IRON MAN 3 DIRECTOR SHANE BLACK SAYS 'REAL' MANDARIN WAS MARVEL'S APOLOGY TO FANS AND A LEAD FEMALE VILLAIN REMOVED

Marvel's short film "All Hail the King" was a response to Iron Man 3, according to director Shane Black.

"Marvel saw so many negative things they made a whole other movie just to apologize called [sic] Hail to the King," Black told Uproxx's Mike Ryan when the topic of negative online comments regarding Iron Man 3 came up. "In which they said, 'No, no, the Mandarin is still alive. That wasn't him. There's a real Mandarin." The only reason it was made, he added, was to apologize to angry fans.

Marvel didn't expect backlash to Iron Man 3's treatment of the character—in fact, the studio thought fans would "eat it up."

"It never occurred to us the Mandarin is as iconic to people as, say, the Joker in Batman," Black said. "[Fans] just wanted to see the magic rings shoot lasers."

I still think he doesn't get it.

He sounds salty as hell. I don't think he gets it either.

There's been so many well done sorcerers and Sith Lords in film and these guys can't even portray Dr. Doom and Mandarin right. :smh:
Marvel studios has never got a shot to portray Dr. Doom on screen and didn't even bother to do Mandarin if we're being honest here.

It's funny that they avoid a female villain cuz of an assumption about toy sales and pulled this bait and switch **** with Mandarin cuz of the obvious offensive Chinese caricatur.

Back
Top Bottom