WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

The disrespect of rating AoU above A1 :wow:

I need to see Strange again because I think it might crack my top 4 MCU films. I already rank it above Guardians because I prefer fantasy to sci-fi.

AOU is better in every way. The reason people enjoy A1 more because it was historical in the comic book movie sense and it was this huge event. AOU was hyped, and it just didn't deliver.

What that hulk movie is definitely McU 2008. Even general Ross is in it :lol:
The 2008 Incredible Hulk with Norton is in the MCU.

I get the feeling Tdogg is talking about the one with Eric Bana directed by Ang Lee with his wording. Goes from Incredible Hulk to talking about 2008 but both are the same movie.

DOCTOR STRANGE Director Addresses Final Battle, Possible CAPTAIN MARVEL Easter Egg, And More
(SPOILER OF COURSE)

In case you're still not sure what we're talking about, when Strange is trying to pick his next patient before that car crash, he's presented with a woman who had a chip in her head to control schizophrenia. What intrigues him is that the 22 year old has been struck by lightning, and many believe that this could be the new origin story for the hero one of the screenwriters previously alluded to. "All I can say is...maybe," Derrickson teased. "That one, you're going to have to wait and see..."

I think it's entirely possible that this could be a character from the comic books, but Captain Marvel? I'm not so sure, but there's no denying that there's something very interesting about his remarks.

As for Dormammu's surprise appearance, Derrickson has now confirmed that Benedict Cumberbatch provided both the facial capture and voice for the villain. "The reason for that was threefold. One, Benedict suggested it. [Two], the awesomeness of his voice – he was Smaug, of course. [Three,] he understood exactly who Dormammu was. He's the ultimate cosmic narcissist. There was something great about the mirrored relationship between the two of them." Interestingly, Empire Online mentions that the actor's voice was blended with some else's so it would be too recognisable.

Asked to elaborate on that final battle, Derrickson explained that an earlier version of the script would have revealed that Doctor Strange had been brutally killed by Dormammu over a thousand times! "We had a line where Strange said, ‘we've been through this a thousand times. Literally. I fancied the idea that they went through it thousands of times before Dormammu finally realised he wasn't going to get out of it."

Incredible Hulk was awesome.
Set up Ross
Set up The leader for future movies... he still out there
Dope villain that turns into the abomination and had one of the best fight scenes in comic movies
Dude said hill smash :lol:

The 2008 Incredible Hulk with Norton is in the MCU.

I get the feeling Tdogg is talking about the one with Eric Bana directed by Ang Lee with his wording. Goes from Incredible Hulk to talking about 2008 but both are the same movie.

Eric bana hulk was trash...

I meant the 2008 hulk should def be top 6

Great story all around and great fight scene

Oh, you cleared that up. I agree or at least I wouldn't argue with it making the top 10 at least.

I'm trying to figure the new Avengers look; Dr. Strange, Captin Marvel, Black Panther as the core 3. Spidey part time. Then Vision and SW. Maybe Ant-Man, probably Wasp.

Then I guess they see where things shame out with Falcon, Bucky, War Machine, BW.

Its w/e for Steve and Hawkeye. I'd rather prefer some other honorable human skilled with a weapon(s)

1. Captain America: Civil War
2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
3. Iron Man 1
4. Guardians of the Galaxy
5. Avengers 1
6. Ant-Man
7. The Incredible Hulk
8. Doctor Strange
9. The First Avenger
10. Avengers: Age of Ultron
11. Thor 1
12. Iron Man 2
13. Thor 2: The Dark World
14. Iron Man 3

3. Iron Man 1
5. Avengers 1
6. Ant-Man
7. The Incredible Hulk
8. Doctor Strange
9. The First Avenger
11. Thor 1
12. Iron Man 2
14. Iron Man 3

I almost agree with this list,
but I after watching CA:TWS last night again I would advise everyone to rewatch that before making this list... Civil war is still fresh in your mind and all that action packeness. but Winter Soldier was pure adrenaline ride the entire movie. even loved the espionage portion of it

3. Iron Man 1
5. Avengers 1
6. Ant-Man
7. The Incredible Hulk
8. Doctor Strange
9. The First Avenger
11. Thor 1
12. Iron Man 2
14. Iron Man 3

I almost agree with this list,
but I after watching CA:TWS last night again I would advise everyone to rewatch that before making this list... Civil war is still fresh in your mind and all that action packeness. but Winter Soldier was pure adrenaline ride the entire movie. even loved the espionage portion of it
Yeah that's a toss up really between both Cap movies. But the emotional pull in Civil War gets the nod.

Civil War's better than Winter Soldier, not only in terms of action and the characters included, but, similar to Avengers, for properly delivering on a payoff that these films had been working towards for a long time.

Last edited:
Naw.....AOU. set up civil war. Bucky may have been a decent part of CW but AOU was drawn out a bit to show the divide of cap and IM.

Tws delivered on all fronts. Movie started with him beating up GSP.

Civil war was just a nerdgasm. And really only 2 big scenes. Airport scene and Cap & bucky washing ironman.

Still liked TWS the best. Watched it again on Saturday. The fight scenes are so lit.

Last edited:
Naw.....AOU. set up civil war. Bucky may have been a decent part of CW but AOU was drawn out a bit to show the divide of cap and IM.

Tws delivered on all fronts. Movie started with him beating up GSP.

Civil war was just a nerdgasm. And really only 2 big scenes. Airport scene and Cap & bucky washing ironman.

The main conflict of Civil War, between Iron Man and Cap, started to be set up all the way back in Avengers. :lol: The Accords themselves are literally the result of every single film that took place before them, except for Guardians of the Galaxy, along with the majority of the heroes that took part in it. For Winter Soldier to take place you didn't need anything except First Avenger. For Civil War to take place, you needed all of the films that came before it, minus GOTG. Age of Ultron specifically led to the shift in ideology for Iron Man, thinking that heroes did actually need to be kept in check. But even then, his reasons for building Ultron at all, which led to Civil War, stem back to the events of Avengers, Winter Soldier, Iron Man 3, and even Iron Man. Civil War is a bigger payoff than even the Avengers was.

What "big scenes" does Winter Soldier have exactly? It's not some major action film, though it obviously has good fights. But if we're just talking action, Incredible Hulk has more "big scenes" than that film does. "big scenes" being present in a movie doesn't mean a damn thing in terms of which film is better. But when you've got Black Panther, Winter Soldier, and Captain America chasing one another through a crowded street, an airport fight scene with the majority of the heroes in the MCU, and a final fight between Iron Man, Captain America, and the Winter Soldier, I don't think you're hurting for action.

"Civil war was just a nerdgasm"

No, it was just a great film, plain and simple. :lol: And this isn't to put Winter Soldier down or say that it wasn't great, because it obviously was. But Civil War was also just as great.

Last edited:
You're a comic reader as well, (iirc) so it was hard for me personally not to compare them both.

but as far as TWS as my experience , i was never bored with it. glued to the screen the entire time. even the lenghty talking parts.
Civil war in my experience was great... but the same lengthy talking parts werent as good or thrilling as TWS for me.

this is ofcourse all my opinion.

TWS felt more.....thoughtful, if that makes any sense, less fanservice-y. Also the narrative is tighter and more concise due to the smaller cast of characters and lack of a need to introduce two new heroes.

I prefer the emotional payoff of TWS more, and I said this a million times, as a comic book reader who NEVER gave a **** about Cap, TWS had me in my feels.

winter soldier
civil war
iron man
avengers: ultron
avengers
antman
thor

have yet to see strange. didnt list the other mcu movies because i dont really care for them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom