WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

Tuesdays is discount movie day, may go see strange before the gym

TWS felt more.....thoughtful, if that makes any sense, less fanservice-y. Also the narrative is tighter and more concise due to the smaller cast of characters and lack of a need to introduce two new heroes.

I prefer the emotional payoff of TWS more, and I said this a million times, as a comic book reader who NEVER gave a **** about Cap, TWS had me in my feels.

when I said nerdgasm, i meant Fanservice-y as well.

It's all personal preference of course. For me, Winter Soldier isn't good for the emotional impact. Is there emotion involved in Cap and Bucky's final confrontation? With the "i'm with you to the end of the line" bit? Definitely, but that just doesn't trump what you get seeing Iron Man and Captain America fight or the aftermath of it.

Saw DS on saturday. It was a solid 6/8 for me. Not a great movie IMO, but a really good one. Like everyone has stated, visuals were amazing. But for me the pacing and villian ( as usual ) were dissapointing. Like, I have no idea exactly how much time Stephen spent training with the Ancient One. Months? Days? It just seemed he learned all of this socercy like he was studying for a class. Mads Mickelson was completely wasted. Kaecilius deserved better. Dormammu.......
mean.gif
. Benedict , Chiwetel, and Tilda were great in their roles. And I look forward to seeing more of Dr Strange in the future. 

Loved TWS better just because it's more of a focus of Cap's story(my favorite avenger) and the fact that it was leaps and bounds better than TFA. While CW did push Cap's story also, I feel like the expectations were sky high to the point where they had to be met and were.

TWS to me,came out of nowhere and blew me away with how great of a movie it was. Direction, Action, fight choreography and story were all improved dramatically

If I'm already hearing that spiderman, black panther ant-man,and every other character from the previous avengers movie will be in it and it's under the direction of the people that directed a movie that blew me out of the water in the first place, then of course I'm all in, but I'm already confident enough because of what I've previously seen. Not knocking CW in any way, because that was pretty awesome and well executed for sure, but knowing the Russo's are capable of delivering took the hype out in terms of seeing a difference of quality between TWS to civil war, because you for sure get a HUGE difference in quality going from TFA to TWS.

That being said I plan on being blown away next by Infinity Wars

AOU is better in every way. The reason people enjoy A1 more because it was historical in the comic book movie sense and it was this huge event. AOU was hyped, and it just didn't deliver.
love rewatching AOU just for the little things, but especially for vision.. he was like BP in CW, for me

the complexities of what he was saying in such few words and also what was strongly being implied

A1 was able to actual deliver on all the buildup.. going through all the movies and waiting for after credit scenes and all that jazz.. and you had glorious scenes like that one with them all back to back.. and then moments throughout.. it will always rank high just because it was what every comic book nerd had been waiting for..

sure Nolan, delivered great movies.. but those didn't really feel like comic book movies, those felt like legit movies that simply had a comic book basis.. avengers legit felt like the comics from our childhoods were coming to life on the big screen

sure after time some things stick out about the quality of the movie.. but I'm sure we'll all remember and appreciate that feeling of having those characters up there and being handled well (unlike xmen or some of the other CBMs)

CW is the no. 1 marvel to me, even with them nerf'n tony to give bucky's BFF a chance

Civil War ain't even in my top 5, plot came out of a DC movie
marvel actually executed the plot, which DC to date hasn't been able to do (just referring to the 3 movies so far and not previous work based on DC characters)

Another reason I rate TWS higher, as someone above posted, was because it rose out of the mediocrity that was TFA and built something amazing while latching onto that narrative

It was a complete left field situation except for dudes who were already familiar with the Russos

1. Captain America: Civil War
2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
3. Iron Man 1
4. Guardians of the Galaxy
5. Avengers 1
6. Ant-Man
7. The Incredible Hulk
8. Doctor Strange
9. The First Avenger
10. Avengers: Age of Ultron
11. Thor 1
12. Iron Man 2
13. Thor 2: The Dark World
14. Iron Man 3
So I'd switch spots with Strange and Ant-Man, then Thor, Cap, and IM2 would be at the very bottom and that would be my list.

Also, Civil War being better than TWS is an understatement.

It's all personal preference of course. For me, Winter Soldier isn't good for the emotional impact. Is there emotion involved in Cap and Bucky's final confrontation? With the "i'm with you to the end of the line" bit? Definitely, but that just doesn't trump what you get seeing Iron Man and Captain America fight or the aftermath of it.
Totally agree. I had no feels invoked for TWS.

Tony in CW though :smh:

Masterful how they wrapped that up.

Last edited:
Stop that.
Cap/falcon/bw vs winter soldier and hydra. > airport scene.

Stop it :lol: You even understand the foolishness you just typed?

This is easily one of the greatest scenes we have ever gotten in a comic book film. People trying to shrug off just how great this scene actually is by talking about nerdgasm and **** :smh: This is a scene we could only dream of ten years ago and Marvel built up to it and executed it masterfully.

You guys remember when Disney did that d23 or whatever it is and displayed was 'Captan America Civil War'

That was so beautiful.

A Casting Call For 'Black Panther' Wants Africans, Koreans, Filipinos, And CIA Agents

In a recent casting call for Marvel Studios' upcoming film Black Panther it appears the film will have multiple cultures in it with some meddling government figures in its midst. The call wants African men, women, and children with Filipino and Korean men and women and also CIA agents too.

The casting calls makes it clear that it wants African men, women, and children to fill out the area of Wakanda, the homeland of Black Panther himself. The call also notes that for the Filipino and Korean men and women are for street scenes. For the CIA agents it wants people of all ethnicity with real world weapon history to play them.

The call also notes that the work involved for all will range from January to February of next year.

Anyone that thinks Civil War is the best MCU is just someone who thinks putting a ton of heroes on screen at once makes a good movie.

That plot for Civil War is absurd and was lightweight an insult to my intelligence

I apologize if you watch comic book films looking for Oscar winning storylines. I along with many others watch these films to see comic books translated on screen. Civil War is everything I've ever wanted out of a comic book movie.

I feel like a lot of the gripes with these films come from people who never had appreciation for the source material in the first place :rolleyes

Mimicking my dads african accent as we speak. Will be paying a visit to pinewood studios very soon :D

Cap Civil War
Cap Winter Soldier
Guardians of the Galaxy
Avengers 1
Iron Man
Doctor Strange
Ant-Man
Avengers Ultron
Hulk
Iron Man 2
Cap 1
Thor 2
Thor
Iron Man 3

I think this is my list. I feel like Winter Soldier is the better film, but I think I liked Civil War better because of what it was, and meant to the overall universe. Gotta give it some credit for that.

Same with Avengers 1 vs Iron Man. IM started it all, no doubt, but seein everyone on screen at once, for the first time......gotta mean a lil more.

Doing this list, it's amazing what it will look like in 3-4 more years, when it's 20+ films in a dozen years. Quite literally, what a time........

Back
Top Bottom