WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

Most of your reasons for hating the movie is based on the "heavy handed" feminism....so it's fair people would make that conclusion.

Incorrect, it's just one of the reasons.

It's just the easy button for people to scream out how pro feminist they are and to make me the leader of the womens hater club.

Again, the movie was not good.

The message was heavy handed.

Why y'all go straight to the "you hate women" defense is wierd.

Or do I need to list all the "strong" female lead movies I enjoyed.

How bout I just disliked the movie?

My only question is what is wrong with it being "heavy handed," as you perceived it? I f'kn LOVE Black Panther, I'm Black myself full disclosure, and I imagine the "Black Power" stuff could also be perceived as "heavy handed." Outright dialogue and commentary on slavery and the "western world," literally calling White dudes "colonizers," etc. I see nothing wrong with the way BP was presented, and therefore nothing wrong with the perceived "heavy handedness" of CM.

Why are you making weapons out of the tesseract?

Cuz this alien guy came to earth and blew up a small town.

Then you say what about Skrulls and the Kerr and CM? What about them?

You really expect Fury to say oh this one time in the 90s we had an alien incident due to a galactic war involving shape shifters and some other aliens with superior fire power.

It's like y'all don't understand storytelling at all.

Or the simpler fact that Nick Fury is a liar.

Just imagine if the complaint that Black Panther's pro-blackness was too loud and in your face was taken as a legit argument against the movie.

damn this scene might be one of the first reasons of why i started disliking cap as a character :rofl:

Mind blown!

You're coming up with some real definitive assumptions about me my guy.

What exactly are my anti-feminist sensibilities?

You tell me. You're the one saying that the feminism was too in your face and you're clearly offended by that loll

My only question is what is wrong with it being "heavy handed," as you perceived it? I f'kn LOVE Black Panther, I'm Black myself full disclosure, and I imagine the "Black Power" stuff could also be perceived as "heavy handed." Outright dialogue and commentary on slavery and the "western world," literally calling White dudes "colonizers," etc. I see nothing wrong with the way BP was presented, and therefore nothing wrong with the perceived "heavy handedness" of CM.

I really don't have a good rebuttal for that other then isn't that what BP is?

Isn't Wakanda an African nation so why wouldn't have African attributes?

CM could be CM with out the feminism like WW and Rey from SW.

What? :lol:

So you're saying do a female led movie without feminism right?

This is literally like saying do a Black Panther movie without pro-blackness.

I don't think you understand Marvel's intent of revamping the Captain Marvel mantle with Carol Danvers in the role in the comics so you don't get it in the movie; they're first female led movie.

Last edited:

I don't get your question about African attributes.

And again, what's wrong with feminism? Really, as while you have other issues with the movie, that too is a prevalent one. And I don't get what's wrong with the concept of single movie in a universe 20+, being about a woman who's been stifled/held back/doubted by dudes (militarily, parent, and Jude Law's character), with "girl power" themes, music, etc. sprinkled in, ultimately overcoming all of that to become the most powerful thing ever. I understand issues with the movie, but this aforementioned issue I don't understand the problem with.

It's not like every woman is going to automatically like Captain Marvel

Like every man is not going to agree on the 20 million other mcu movies with a male lead

My sister gave CM a 7/10. I actually liked it better than she did.

Watched it a second time with a friend and she was over the moon about it. Already planning on dressing up her future daughter as CM and showing her this movie over and over again.

My cousin who's a female was so negatively triggered by it but she's a pro Trump lady. Was probably conditioned to dislike strong feminine values.

My sis gave WW the benefit of the doubt.. my girl not so much

Wasn’t necessarily a knock on the character just felt like more could have been done or been done better

I do agree though, that while I liked CM, it wasn't the best thing ever IMO. I wanted about 20 more minutes of her at her full potential. It's pretty standard for most origin stories in general, but I was a little bummed that she becomes her full powered self in only the last 5 minutes. Blows up a couple missiles and ships, intimidates Ronin, handles Jude Law's character, and that's it in terms of full on CM. For her being the most powerful thing in the MCU, I wanted those FULL powers to be on display a lot longer at the end. That was my only issue big with the movie really.

It’s an origin story and first of many movies though, heroes at their max potential aren’t supposed to be shown for long yet. That’s what sequels are for. It’s only supposed to be a taste so you can look forward to the future films and films they have cameos in.

I don’t think the message was heavy at all. In fact I think they ruined their message becuase she never succeeded until an accident happened and even after that she was taken advantage of. The moral is lost. Her strength was given to her by accident

I don't get your question about African attributes.

And again, what's wrong with feminism? Really, as while you have other issues with the movie, that too is a prevalent one. And I don't get what's wrong with the concept of single movie in a universe 20+, being about a woman who's been stifled/held back/doubted by dudes (militarily, parent, and Jude Law's character), with "girl power" themes, music, etc. sprinkled in, ultimately overcoming all of that to become the most powerful thing ever. I understand issues with the movie, but this aforementioned issue I don't understand the problem with.

So we agree there was a feminism push in the movie?

Just to make sure I'm not crazy.

That wouldn't be an issue if it was creative or clever.

It wasn't, it was heavy handed to me.

That's the difference between the "blackness" of BP and this movie.

He was a black superhero in an African country, they found very creative ways of intertwining black and African culture into the movie.

It’s an origin story and first of many movies though, heroes at their max potential aren’t supposed to be shown for long yet. That’s what sequels are for. It’s only supposed to be a taste so you can look forward to the future films and films they have cameos in.
Oh I know and agree. It's just such a drastic jump where she goes from fighting dudes inside a ship via jumping around and the occasional hand beams, which is relatively super subdued compared to the full on flying and becoming a human missile and blowing up actual missiles and spaceships in that 5 minutes I speak of. Just wanted to see her full blown power set more.

What? :lol:

So you're saying do a female led movie without feminism right?

This is literally like saying do a Black Panther movie without pro-blackness.

I don't think you understand Marvel's intent of revamping the Captain Marvel mantle with Carol Danvers in the role in the comics so you don't get it in the movie; they're first female led movie.

Maybe I don't understand her comic role.

I didn't read the comics, I only watched the movies.

And the BP compassion is bad.

I don’t think the message was heavy at all. In fact I think they ruined their message becuase she never succeeded until an accident happened and even after that she was taken advantage of. The moral is lost. Her strength was given to her by accident

Yea I think the whole Jude law character was worse if anything and trying to get his approval all movie and then the cringe worthy ending

As opposed to all the other Marvel heroes that were given their power on purpose?

What lost moral did you think this movie was trying to convey? What ruined message?

Movie wasn't confusing. The opposite in that it was pretty clear cut.

Last edited:
Maybe I don't understand her comic role.

I didn't read the comics, I only watched the movies.

And the BP compassion is bad.
It's pretty simple.

You're still not really explaining this whole do a CM movie without feminism cuz it's still CM and the saying like WW and Rey.

Both Wonder Woman and Star Wars VII and VIII were heavily criticized for the "female agenda" and overt feminism in their movies. Wonder Woman is from an all female island who had dismissive disdain for the "world of man". Star Wars had more than Rey being **** on just for being females. Especially Star Wars.

Either you're pretending other female led movies had no feminism in it or you're ignoring it to compare and try to complain about Captain Marvel.

Its like pretending Xena the Warrior Princess had no feminist messages in it and then saying Xena is still Xena without feminism. Its baked in the character.

That's no different than Black Panther's Marvel comics role as the first black superhero in comics and that's why it was no different than the Black Panther movie that was unapologetically pro-black.

So we agree there was a feminism push in the movie?

Just to make sure I'm not crazy.

That wouldn't be an issue if it was creative or clever.

It wasn't, it was heavy handed to me.

That's the difference between the "blackness" of BP and this movie.

He was a black superhero in an African country, they found very creative ways of intertwining black and African culture into the movie.
I agree, feminism is a theme in the movie. But 1, I see nothing wrong with feminism. 2, how does one make feminism "creative" or "clever"? BP literally had dialogue about slavery and the slave trade multiple times throughout the movie, called people "colonizers," referred to Bucky as "another broken White boy," and commented on not needing White people. Hell, the antagonist's goal/mission was to turn the "slave masters" into the enslaved via weapons/war. Nothing "creative" or "clever" about that any of that IMO. It was "heavy handed" and straight to the point, which I loved, but that's my opinion. If anything, one could argue that BP's outright Blackness is the definition of heavy handedness IMO.

It's pretty simple.

You're still not really explaining this whole do a CM movie without feminism cuz it's still CM and the saying like WW and Rey.

Both Wonder Woman and Star Wars VII and VIII were heavily criticized for the "female agenda" and overt feminism in their movies. Wonder Woman is from an all female island who had dismissive disdain for the "world of man". Star Wars had more than Rey being **** on just for being females. Especially Star Wars.

Either you're pretending other female led movies had no feminism in it or you're ignoring it to compare and try to complain about Captain Marvel.

Its like pretending Xena the Warrior Princess had no feminist messages in it and then saying Xena is still Xena without feminism. Its baked in the character.

Don't assassinate my character on other opinions.

I had no problem with those movies other them WWs villain and TFA ending.

And about CM being CM without the feminism.

Think about Ripley in Aliens

Back
Top Bottom