WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

only really cringe worthy moments i could see people really criticizing is that moment when her bestfriend was telling her who she was and brie had that funny look on her face

and then at the end when she bodied jude law.. once she got her full powers, her old teammates including jude were a or shoulda been a joke to her to work (but i get her being awkward with her powers at first).. just felt like they could have done that moment better, but i feel like the movie on the whole could have been done better

The girl power moment that was on the nose was the montage of all the girls standing and posing. Literally that was it in regards to "feminist" aspects.

crazy

gunn gonna knock it out the park with suicide squad

then make the best guardians movie in the series

is bautista able to do suicide squad too?

Only advantage he has is ot being rated r. I don't see him having the better cast. He can't recreate the Guardians dynamic.

Movie wasn't even close to being heavy feminist. There was only one moment of that girl power stuff. I knew some people didn't want to like this film just because.

What was that one moment?

The "cockpit" joke?

The song choices?

The conversations with the little girl.

Hell the whole campaign was feminist steered.

The movie never let you forget "shes a strong women"

WW > CM

bautista won :wow:

giphy.gif

The girl power moment that was on the nose was the montage of all the girls standing and posing. Literally that was it in regards to "feminist" aspects.

yea.. i didnt really notice anything THAT bad.. just little things that were either poorly executed or could have been better

like the "i'm just a girl" part, i dont mind that because i expected it to be a lil bit goofy since she's just getting her new powers.. like when cap couldnt put on the breaks and went through the windown or tony getting blasted into the wall because of going to 10%.. her old crew should have been a joke once she had her full powers, would be like thor going back to fight those guys who guarding the hammer once he got his powers back

marvel probably should have waited to drop that trailer at least couple more weeks.. but i also still think they should have dropped the movie in october last year, even with its current success
Why do you think it's just easy to produce 4 movies in one year given their already planned out agenda?

They just recently went to 3 productions a year. Now you're saying just release a 4th?

And given its current success which pretty much is going according to their plans how exactly would releasing it in October been better for them? You think it'd make more money that it has and is projected too in October instead of now?

This talk of the trailer taking away from CM is more nonsense. It's already on its way to a billion. Marvel isn't pressed cuz dudes aren't talking about CM in online threads a week later.
They did the same thing with Black Panther, they released the 2nd trailer of Infinity War like the 2nd weekend BP hit theaters
This will go ignored.

Movie wasn't even close to being heavy feminist. There was only one moment of that girl power stuff. I knew some people didn't want to like this film just because.
Yeah, I too didn't view this movie as super feminist. Sure she was doubted by a few (they only showed like 2-3) male superiors in her life (true for most females in male dominated fields I'd argue) in a that "get knocked down but get back up" montage, and they commented on the fact that both her and Rambeau did what they did because they wouldn't let women be fighter pilots (which I'm sure has some validity in the real world especially over 20 yrs ago) but that's really the only on the nose girl power scenes IMO, and girl power doesn't equal feminism. Samuel L. held his own, Mendelsohn held his own, even Law held his own until she knew what she was doing and handled him. Some just had an issue with the fact that CM becomes crazy powerful, her best friend was a talented woman, Mar-Vel turns out to be a woman, CM didn't need any guy to really help her in any capacity once she grasped her full potential, and all the guys are supporting roles. I'm cool with that. If anything, and it might be sacrilegious to even mention in this thread, and I personally wasn't a fan of the film for many reasons besides what I'm about to mention, but I was irked by the fact that Chris Pine played such a prominent role in WW. She needs a love interest? He shows her life in the real world? He sacrifices himself for her, and now she has even more motivation for the villain because the only man she's ever loved has died, even though Amazonians don't need men? If Everett Ross (Martin Freeman) played a similar type of role in Black Panther I would've been UPSET!

They did the same thing with Black Panther, they released the 2nd trailer of Infinity War like the 2nd weekend BP hit theaters

BP was released january 29th.. infinity war april 23rd

CM was released march 8th.. end game comes out april 26th

on top of BP's marketing being next level and being just a flat out better movie.. plus as far as demographics, the previous black CBM was blade whereas WW was just recently

Yeah, I too didn't view this movie as super feminist. Sure she was doubted by a few (they only showed like 2-3) male superiors in her life (true for most females in male dominated fields I'd argue) in a that "get knocked down but get back up" montage, and they commented on the fact that both her and Rambeau did what they did because they wouldn't let women be fighter pilots (which I'm sure has some validity in the real world especially over 20 yrs ago) but that's really the only on the nose girl power scenes IMO, and girl power doesn't equal feminism. Samuel L. held his own, Mendelsohn held his own, even Law held his own until she knew what she was doing and handled him. Some just had an issue with the fact that CM becomes crazy powerful, her best friend was a talented woman, Mar-Vel turns out to be a woman, CM didn't need any guy to really help her in any capacity once she grasped her full potential, and all the guys are supporting roles. I'm cool with that. If anything, and it might be sacrilegious to even mention in this thread, and I personally wasn't a fan of the film for many reasons besides what I'm about to mention, but I was irked by the fact that Chris Pine played such a prominent role in WW. She needs a love interest? He shows her life in the real world? He sacrifices himself for her, and now she has even more motivation for the villain because the only man she's ever loved has died, even though Amazonians don't need men? If Everett Ross (Martin Freeman) played a similar type of role in Black Panther I would've been UPSET!

I actually commend Marvel for not throwing a love interest in there for CM. That's VERY rare to do with female led films.

It wasn't just the feminism.

She had the personality of a brick the whole movie.

Nick losing his eye from a cat.

No real Skrull development.

Fury knew about aliens the whole time but blamed Thor in A1 for weaponizing.

Did he just take the decade off?

You've been programmed and militarized to kill the Skrulls for as long as you can remember but one asked for a sit down and you was like cool, let's hear him out.

The cat was trash!

Her energy blast were trash!

She was trash!

What was that one moment?

The "cockpit" joke?

The song choices?

The conversations with the little girl.

Hell the whole campaign was feminist steered.

The movie never let you forget "shes a strong women"

WW > CM
Yeah, none of this bothered me, and I don't get what's wrong with any of it. And I love how feminism has turned into a bad word. It's literally defined as "the theory of the political, economic, and social equality of the sexes; organized activity on behalf of women's rights and interests". Nothing wrong with any of this IMO.

I actually commend Marvel for not throwing a love interest in there for CM. That's VERY rare to do with female led films.
During my repeat watch of CM, I watched with a friend.

She liked that CM didn't have a skirt like WW and she liked that they let her stand alone without a love interest. Apparently those two things were really important to her.

During my repeat watch of CM, I watched with a friend.

She liked that CM didn't have a skirt like WW and she liked that they let her stand alone without a love interest. Apparently those two things were really important to her.

I could imagine it. While her and Trevor's chemistry was good, the romance was forced for the sake of appeasing comic book purists.

Back
Top Bottom