WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

Watching now, wish they didn’t go with the full comic look and connect the goggles to the suit

feel like Netflix daredevil was the only one who actually pulled that off

I couldn't take anything he was saying serious because of that entire head part of the costume. It's just too silly looking for me. The googles, I understand. But why the white spandex face?

aint got to defend everything mcu does

always up kn defense if anyone says anything with a hint of negativity

cant compare two comic book series in the same universe from the same streaming service just because one is not gon’ be as good as the other?

:lol:

I just think they are completely different and unfair to compare, nothing wrong with liking one over the other, tbh as taste is subjective, is like comparing apples to oranges, both are fruits, both sweet, both VERY different

The Sharon thing is a little weird to me. So she puts the bounty on them and then helps them escape. Helps them find the scientist that is making the serum for her. Did she not think Zemo would try to kill him? Ruined her whole operation for what, a lead on the Flagsmashers? And she spends the whole show wanting revenge on them only to decide to recruit Karli at the end. That whole character felt really off to me. Unless of course she ends up being a Skrull.

Bruhl killed it as Zemo again. Hopefully he's a big part of the MCU going forward.

Sam was annoying the **** out of me the first few eps. Once he accepted the mantle and the responsibility that came with it felt more like the kind of character arc I expected going into the show.

Last edited:
Wandavision as a whole was better, kinda easily

felt like there was a build up and everything felt like it made sense.. right down to the vision vs vision fight

this felt more like ideas and trying to force things together.. and the charisma just wasnt there with karli and the flag smashers (especially when you’re contrasting them vs Agatha).. and even walker felt like dude could have hit the crazy more, especially given we saw us agent on Netflix

maybe they tried to do too much and cover too many bases.. because there was genuinely interesting stuff in there for multiple characters.. and I think you end up better if you focused more on certain things instead of trying to do everything.. like you could cut down on walker a lot and then deal with that in season 2

also not a fan of Sharon carter heel turn.. I mean she grew up under Peggy.. her speech is what motivates Steve in civil war.. she was one of the first ones to back him in WS vs hydra

it makes sense zemo would work with Sam and bucky, because they’re helping him with his agenda.. the groundwork is there, the man used bucky in civil war.. the Sharon thing just feels like someone’s idea that got too far, especially when you have Julia Louis-dreyfus only in a few scenes and the whole MCU being killing Easter eggs and small cameos for bigger payoffs (word to thanos in A1)

I just think they are completely different and unfair to compare, nothing wrong with liking one over the other, tbh as taste is subjective, is like comparing apples to oranges, both are fruits, both sweet, both VERY different

nah, theyre both comic book shows, WV just happen to homage sitcoms but it doesnt change the genre

one is just done so much better in quality and approach that it separates itself from the other but its completely valid to compare em and for one to not like the other because one is better

same way we rank all of the mcu films, are you gon go at someone if they say they didnt like doc strange as much as winter soldier because one has magic and the other is a spy film and they shouldnt be compared?

I couldn't take anything he was saying serious because of that entire head part of the costume. It's just too silly looking for me. The googles, I understand. But why the white spandex face?

i mean we dealt with this same thing with Steve’s suits

nah, theyre both comic book shows, WV just happen to homage sitcoms but it doesnt change the genre

one is just done so much better in quality and approach that it separates itself from the other but its completely valid to compare em and for one to not like the other because one is better

same way we rank all of the mcu films, are you gon go at someone if they say they didnt like doc strange as much as winter soldier because one has magic and the other is a spy film and they shouldnt be compared?

Guess you right, is just weird to perhaps claim this is a better show because of the action or that WV was better because of ambitious it was and better written, but yeah in the realm of the MCU is fair to always rank its titles...

i mean we dealt with this same thing with Steve’s suits

His Avengers suit rightfully got ripped for that silly headpiece but they learned and always went with the full helmet and it was never distracting. Black Falcon Captain America's just sticks out more. Like, that white head wrap is absolutely unnecessary so when he's trying to preach, it's all I can focus on.

At least when he was just basic Falcon, he could have the goggles just chillin' on his forehead and it'd be less distracting when he's trying to deliver a meaningful speech.

theyre both MCU shows.. literally happening in the same universe

I get if someone was talking about legion vs falcon and the winter soldier

but these are characters who will be on screen with each other at some point again.. same studio and everything

like comparing the mandalorian vs what else disney has done with Star Wars

His Avengers suit rightfully got ripped for that silly headpiece but they learned and always went with the full helmet and it was never distracting. Black Falcon Captain America's just sticks out more. Like, that white head wrap is absolutely unnecessary so when he's trying to preach, it's all I can focus on.

At least when he was just basic Falcon, he could have the goggles just chillin' on his forehead and it'd be less distracting when he's trying to deliver a meaningful speech.

I kinda always assumed they would ditch the helmet for Steve because ain’t like his identity was some big secret.. and felt like they would try to get it ripped off at some point just to show his face more anyways.. was kinda surprised it made it through in endgame final battle

but yea having it attached was never a good look.. daredevil on Netflix the only time that has worked to me, as far as MCU

- finale was uneven

- show was uneven but mostly good.

- The suit looks bad, too much white, especially in head peice, looks like some pajamas

- the Karli Flag Smasher plot nuh mek sense.

Definitely agreed DD was the only time they were able to pull that whole aesthetic off. Hope they don't deviate from that costume whenever he comes back to the MCU.

Overall very happy with he series. Loved the finale. And the suit Sam got from Shuri is freaking cool. Being a Marvel geek, and having a few Iron Man pieces of clothes, I hope they sell a t shirt of Sam's suit (star with wings). I'd wear it.

And I'm very surprised no one picked up on Sharon's call when she walked out of the hearing. Saying she has full access to prototype tech and weapons. With that call, she basically just set up the entire premise of Armor Wars with Rhoady. Now I can't wait for that to air (it's gonna be a while 😢).

And I hope they either do a 2nd season or keep Sam & Bucky for Cap 4 or the next Avengers movie. They are good together.

Also I can't get over Sharon getting a formal apology from the US goverment.
and a pardon, AND new job

meanwhile Isiah gets a lil exihbit in the back corner of a museum??

Sharon gets a pardon and her old job back after livinging as a crime lord in madripor

They better give isiah some reparations for TORTURING HIM FOR YEARS. :lol:

Sharon gets a pardon and her old job back after livinging as a crime lord in madripor

You figure the government would tap into Sharon's phone for a bit after being a wanted fugitive. But instead they give her a full pardon and new job. :lol:

Series started off absolutely flying. Waivered a bit through the mid-portion as they juggled a few too many themes and subplots. Got convoluted and the end wasn't as big a payoff as if the show had been tighter.

Karli and Flagsmashers have no credible motivation. Can't help but think the original "virus outbreak" version of the script would've played better, even in spite of COVID sensibilities.

I think this one was closer to "showing its (limited) budget" too.

Wandavison had a better aesthetic and presentation no doubt but F&WS was a better story. Heartbroken white girl vs a Black man navigating America :lol:

So the question is who was Sharon talking to in that mid credits scene?
One of her employees.
Meh 6/10 Wandavision was better IMO. Story was pretty basic IMO.

What I still don’t understand is how does half of the population disappearing lead to getting rid of all borders? Was this just a European thing? Kinda seems like everything was working normally in the states.
Since half the ppl were gone countries had to share more resources and whoever was left would help other countries without the limitation of borders.

There were no more housing crisis or shortage on resources

Let me ask y’all this tho. Do y’all think Agent Carter is a Skrull, Hydra or an ol fashion baddie? Probably working for Zemo.
She's doing it on her own.

Definitely not working for Zemo. He wants to kill all super soldiers. She wanted to employ them and farm them out as mercenaries for hire. She would've kept that serum vials not step on them.

Think Sharon is possibly a Skrull leading into Secret Invasion. I mean that's what the Skrulls wanted to do. They infiltrated the government at the highest levels.

Nobody knew Sharon was a crime lord. Hence, the midcredits scene, she'll be continuing to be a crime lord. She was forgiven for aiding the Sokovia accords fugitives.

As for Bradley, thats just real life. The US gov. isn't going to publicly apologize or compensate Bradley or his family, for experimenting on him, killing his unit, and then torturing him for years if not decades.

Never gonna happen.

Pretty sure the gov. had nothing to do with that museum anyway :lol:

You figure the government would tap into Sharon's phone for a bit after being a wanted fugitive. But instead they give her a full pardon and new job. :lol:
Well that was 5 years ago, maybe 6 now and it was for a crime they have forgiven and/or dealt with every single actual hero that committed it. She basically a fugitive for aiding and abetting.

Also what phones? She dipped to a pretty lawless country and was living in the underworld doing business on the black market. She was off the grid. Before that she hadn't shown up since Civil War.

Think Sharon is possibly a Skrull leading into Secret Invasion. I mean that's what the Skrulls wanted to do. They infiltrated the government at the highest levels.

Gotta be something.. cause that one ain’t a great look for cap

I mean we can joke that dude left his ex/niece hanging in the wind

but her speech was the thing that triggered him to take a stand in civil war

My only issue with that is it makes no sense as far as to the Skrulls motives. Its kinda like Sharon is doing all of this as a secret skrull to what end?

Also one of the best moments during Secret Invasion playing off past continuity, was Captain America hoping Tony was a skrull based off of the events of Civil War and what happened after he lost only to discover nah, Tony wasn't a skrull and only like one skrull was under him.

Gotta be something.. cause that one ain’t a great look for cap

I mean we can joke that dude left his ex/niece hanging in the wind

but her speech was the thing that triggered him to take a stand in civil war
Steve is stupid. A lot of things weren't a great look for him.

• Haha
Reactions: MVP
Back
Top Bottom