WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

Speaking as a non comic reader growing up, I've never understood your love for Spider-Man :lol:

Maybe it's just the movies but I just don't see it.

Speaking as a non comic reader growing up, I've never understood your love for Spider-Man :lol:

spidey was the original wise cracking, humorous, web crawling good guy.
He was the first marvel character to really have a story outside of being just a super hero

Peter Parker became spiderman, which was an average highschool nerd who got picked on...
He related to a lot of kids then and now.

He wasn't already rich, already a famous scientist , alien from another planet, born a mutant, a soldier. experimented on (technically)

Speaking as a non comic reader growing up, I've never understood your love for Spider-Man
laugh.gif

He's a hero who has everyday people problems. Most of Marvels characters were more relatable than DC's during the early days. And for me I like that no matter what he's going through he finds the reason he initially put the costume on which was to to honor his promise to uncle ben and the fact that after going through all his ****, he finds a way to joke around and move on.

True story, I find Spider-Man to be the most relatable superhero within both Marvel and DC. Not only do you get to read about him fighting the likes of the Green Goblin and the Juggernaut, but you also see him juggle it with an everyday teenage life: bills, jobs, women, parental issues, schoolwork, etc. And from time to time it'll all get to be too much for him. A villain will win or he'll lose someone he really cares about, and he'll think about giving up the mask. But at the end of the day he always remembers that "With great power comes great responsibility" (Easily one of the most quotable lines from a comic book ever) And he'll stand back up and go back out there, fighting the good fight. Out of everyone, Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, the X-Men, Spider-Man is literally your average person, perhaps a tad more selfless and self-blaming, if he/she gained superpowers. Beyond that, any amount of happiness that Peter Parker gains in his life is through hard work and dedication. Beyond his superpowers, which arguably cause him more harm than good, nothing is handed to him. He has to work his *** off for it and work his *** off to keep it, even being forced to deal with a public that hates and fears him the majority of the time. He's an excellent example of doing something not because it's easy or will earn you a reward, but because its the right thing to do, and having to live with the fact that you may very well never earn the credit you deserve for it. Because again, unlike Iron Man and Captain America, in his civilian life he's just an average joe and in the mask crowds aren't going out of their way to praise him and give him awards.

As bad as the Ultimate Line of Comics were from Marvel, one of the best scenes (Not just for that line, but for all comic books) was this one

View media item 1721136
You've got everyone else, the Ultimates/Avengers, the X-Men, the Fantastic 4, etc. worrying about Magneto and trying to find and take him down, and completely focusing on that to the point that the citizens who are suffering from the massive tidal wave Magneto unleashed and dying by the hundreds. While all of them went off to take down the villain, Spidey stayed behind and single handedly worked himself to death to save whoever he could, person by person. And this is again the one guy who realistically speaking isn't going to get any thanks for what he does. I really think that panel more than any other shows why he's a great hero. Besides being a wisecracking smartass, he's just a good person who understands the common man, because he is the common man. Most often, when you've got Galactus or some big cosmic bad guy threatening to destroy the universe, Spider-Man is the one person who will say something about just how insane all this is (Which we as readers understand, because a dude that eats planets is some other type of ****) but he'll then still patch himself up, get a new costume on, and rush out there right alongside everyone else, despite the fact that he's vocally made it clear that he thinks this entire situation is crazy.

I could probably go on and one, but I find his comics to be the perfect combination of adventure/fantasy and realism, to a level that other characters just aren't able to bring to the table.

Last edited:
^^ someone who truly understands the greatness which is Spider-man. He has all of these legendary heroes around him from Earth's mightiest heroes to those men with the X-gene that Xavier has running around to cosmic entities that have powers beyond comprehension and at the center of it all is a kid who runs around in pajamas, shoots pre pubescent fluid out his wrists and has the powers of a spider and would rather make it to work on time then stop Shocker from robbing that bank down the street. It's as if the whole Marvel universe is this whimsical story and Peter Parker is the only one self aware :lol: THE GREATEST SUPERHERO, hands down....

Lol Spiderman is just relatable and versatile.

He can be funny. He can be serious. He can fight low level powered people and he can make that a good fight. He can be good one on one against the hulk, and well, survive.

He has great villains. I can name more of his villains than any other hero's villains.

He's a great character whether he's young or old.

Easily Marvel's goat. Just a travesty that we've had 13 something years of him in cinemas and Sony has killed Uncle Ben 2 times and used green goblin twice and not touched on venom, carnage, not seen the sinister 6 form once, not seen Morlun, not seen Spidey beyond high school, etc etc

Last edited:
Lol Spiderman is just relatable and versatile.

He can be funny. He can be serious. He can fight low level powered people and he can make that a good fight. He can be good one on one against the hulk, and well, survive.

He has great villains. I can name more of his villains than any other hero's villains.

He's a great character whether he's young or old.

Easily Marvel's goat. Just a travesty that we've had 13 something years of him in cinemas and Sony has killed Uncle Ben 2 times and used green goblin twice and not touched on venom, carnage, not seen the sinister 6 form once, not seen Morlun, not seen Spidey beyond high school, etc etc

lol Dont act like you forgot...

View media item 1721247

Man, i wish marvel's animated movie game was anything.  I mean its nonexistent.  The end of Amazing Spider-man into Superior Spider-Man would make a spectacular animated film series.  

yea while i still enjoyed AoU i was spoiled a bit with all the clips, set shots and all. leave some **** for around the release of the movie. especially Spidey. IMO he shouldnt be shown until those final trailers leading up to the release of the movie. cant lie though ima geek a bit when i see him. this WILL be the best version of Spidey yet. Marvel wont fail after so many years of trying to get him back and SOME failed movie attempts. i loved Garfield in the role but with Marvel at the helm, Holland is going to flourish! :smokin

Yeah seeing Vision at the end of the AoU trailers could've been such an :eeeeeeeeeeeek moment.

Last edited:
Yall dudes have to keep in mind it's your choice. You don't have to see all of the movie art, teasers, trailers, etc. Yall choose to look at it all. You spoil yourselves and then complain about too much promo and that they showed too much when perhaps you may have simply went looking for too much :lol:

I don't mind it myself but I'm aware of it which is why I haven't been all up in the Star Wars thread. I'm not gonna be all up in the Prometheus sequel thread either. I don't go looking for Star Trek spoilers despite being really hyped for this sequel. Same for a few other franchises. Sometimes it's good to come in blind and everything will be fresh to you.

Last edited:
The most over marketed film of the year for me was Straight Outta Compton :lol:

it was literally the commercial for EVERY Hulu show and the ad before 90% of the Youtube videos I watched.

every blog i frequent had Straight Out Of Compton banners, IG was full of "Straight Out Of _____ " Memes... i literally couldn't escape the promo lol

that's not a film that has "spoilers" because we all know how it ends :lol: but that's really the only time i remember not being able to avoid something

once 2016 hits we will get just as much marketing from this movie as AoE

lets be real, everyone who thought the ultron ads gave away too much of the plot still went to see the movie

ads are for the borderline movie goers, not the comic book nerds 

I avoided all the AoU trailers and teasers after the first trailer. When the commercial would come on I would put it on mute or change the channel.

Avoided this thread for a while until the movie came out as well.

^
I did the same.
I actually had no clue vision was even in until i saw his name pop up on a preview for this thread (before the movie came out)

Man yall don't have to watch every trailer that comes out.

And I can't believe dudes are still caping for Cap. Stark singlehandedly saved the world in BOTH Avengers movies

1. Stopped the nuke and simultaneously destroyed the Chitauri mothership in the process, nearly sacrificing his life

2. Under fire and stress, formulated a plan to and succeeded in destroying Ultron's meteor, again nearly dying

Every Earthling in the MCU has Iron Man to thank for their lives

Man yall don't have to watch every trailer that comes out.

And I can't believe dudes are still caping for Cap. Stark singlehandedly saved the world in BOTH Avengers movies

1. Stopped the nuke and simultaneously destroyed the Chitauri mothership in the process, nearly sacrificing his life

2. Under fire and stress, formulated a plan to and succeeded in destroying Ultron's meteor, again nearly dying

Every Earthling in the MCU has Iron Man to thank for their lives

FACTS

Tony Stark, the hero we deserve AND need.

Makes sense some would try to reject him. Don't know a good thing while they have it.

Back
Top Bottom