WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

I like Favreau being back to exec produce. Been here since the start.

I haven't forgotten his ideas for the Mandarin so I'd pass on him directing IM again. Maybe something else.

what were his ideas for the mandarin?

i just remember the nuggets he had in the first IM
Since the MCU at the time was not ready to pull the trigger on magic, Mandarin would've been way more tech based with his "rings".

It'd basically be converting dude a science based villain rather than what he is in the comics.

Kinda think how Extremis just became lava ppl that explode. That to me is how I reacted to that change.

Only some of it work in the sense that the technology the Mandarin made use of was alien tech but the rings were outright magic.
He might come back in IW where Thanos just obliterates him into dust to take the stones?

I forget but he did still have a stone in his possession, no?
He acquired one at the end of Dark World I think.

Don't think he just gave that to Thanos. He probably will be one of the first ppl Thanos kills to finish the gauntlet.

Last edited:
Folks don't care about Tony Stark being an addict because RDJ is one :lol:

Its implied with the actor so we just roll with it.

Last edited:
MCU Tony's not really an addict.

Yeah that's what I'm trying to say.

MCU Tony isn't an addict but his alcoholism is one of comic book Tony's defining battles.

Because we all know RDJ's background we don't really care if MCU Tony actually battles addition because of who they cast as the actor.

Don't forget he was an addict too
Arguably the biggest comeback in history
Cue the Parks and Rec clip.
Andy-Dwyer-OMG.gif

Probably closer to $200m opening, if not over, than in the $175m range.

lol, i bought 2 tix for midnight imax 3d, then prolly watching it saturday with friends, then i have it reserved for a dinner date with my girl on sunday :lol:
pretty sure a lot of other people gonna watch it multiple times opening weekend.

[h1]Jon Favreau Confirms Return To The Marvel Cinematic Universe[/h1]
139688.jpg
[h2]The Jungle Book  looks set to be Favreau's biggest movie to date, and while a sequel is reportedly already in development, the filmmaker is returning to the MCU considerably sooner than anyone expected.[/h2]
landscape-1460649552-showbiz-jon-favreau.jpg

Jon Favreau departed the Marvel Cinematic Universe after directing Iron Man 2, but served as an executive producer on The AvengersIron Man 3, and Avengers: Age of Ultron. When he'll return to helm another of these movies remains to be seen, and while the filmmaker isn't involved with Captain America: Civil War, he confirmed in a recent interview that he'll be returning to this world for Avengers: Infinity War. "I'm going to be executive producing the Avengers films with the Russo brothers, which I'm very excited about,"  Favreau toldDigital Spy  recently. "I talk to them about it all the time. I've worked both in front of and behind the camera with Marvel and I really love what they're doing right now. It's a really exciting time to be over there. I've seen a rough cut of Civil War and it's fantastic. We're constantly looking for things to do together. And now I'm freed up.

Asked whether or not he intends to direct a superhero movie again in the near future, Favreau wouldn't commit, saying only: "I've spent a big chunk of my career working on that already. All new titles are coming out now. I'm actually surprised I don't feel that way about The Jungle Book already, but with Iron Man, I'd done two back to back. My time was completely monopolised for those years and I wanted allowed to explore other things. Part of the fun of having a successful movie is you get a lot of say on what your next project is. Sometimes you want to leave yourself open to other opportunities instead of another four or five years maybe working on that franchise."

Back
Top Bottom