WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

China Population (2013) 1.357 billion
US Population (2014) 319 million

Last edited:
Couldn't alienate that Chinese fan base or their money.
Tell that to FOX when they banned their Deadpool movie for being rated R.

I wouldn't be surprised if they banned a movie for cultural offensiveness.

Unless somebody wants to say Disney paid off China to do that :lol: :nerd:

Last edited:
I know this is the marvel thread but I think I remember they shut down a DC cartoon cuz it catered to girls too much (and not enough toy merchandise)

I think it was Young Justice.

These execs love the little boys best. Pause.

Young Justice appealed to a lot of audiences. I highly recommend it if you haven't seen it. The show had female superheros that weren't plot devices. It also had significant characters of various backgrounds. But girls actually watched it and it didn't sell toys, so they canned it. It had so much potential too. I think they could of done a Runaways spin-off with Asami, Static, Tye, and I can't remember the other kid's name.

On NT, YJ is overrated IMO. It's talked about as if it's the best DC animated show ever.

Don't see how it catered to girls too much.

And the bastardization of teen titans was a damn shame. Teen titans go is terrible. Og TT was so raw.

Last edited:
On NT, YJ is overrated IMO. It's talked about as if it's the best DC animated show ever.

It definitely doesn't cater to girls like that. It just doesn't make the female characters plot devices.

It's not the best DC animated series, but it's probably the best recent comic superhero animated series.

Once China gets their own Hollywood, it's game over lmao
China is light lears behind western countries when it comes to artistic creativity.

Doesn't help that the government still heavily regulates artistic expression

Chinese filmmakers can't disrespect the country or its government in any way while American blockbusters destroy half of NY every other movie and almost exclusively portray the government as either evil or incompetent

Batman the Animated Series is the best animated DC show ever. Young Justice is still up there though.

YJ never really came off as a kids show; more of a teen/young adult thing.

*Crosses fingers for a more mature Season 3 on Netflix*

Last edited:
YJ never really came off as a kids show; more of a teen/young adult thing.

*Crosses fingers for a more mature Season 3 on Netflix*
It was probably too "mature" for the younger audience.

There's a reason why Teen Titans Go is still on the air (probably sells a ton of toys too).

China is light lears behind western countries when it comes to artistic creativity.

Chinese filmmakers can't disrespect the country or its government in any way while American blockbusters destroy half of NY every other movie and almost exclusively portray the government as either evil or incompetent

Yah it's going to be a long while before Chinese movies really takes away from US film on the box office if it even happens at all.

Right now China actually limits how many US movies can be shown there (I think 34 per year) but it hasn't stopped giant blockbusters from capitalizing on it.

The quota of films imported to China is only going to get bigger in the years to come and the relationship is just going to improve so I don't really think Hollywood has anything to worry about.

Anyone finding it ironic that the monetary ceiling of a movie about freedom and independence and avoiding government oversight is dependent on how many ppl living in a communist country is seeing it?

Last edited:
Best believe that major blockbusters will cater some part/add in an Asian/Chinese actor to appease the Chinese audiences.

And Chinese investors are investing $$$ overseas, so it may be more than that.

Hell Marvel is already helping produce movies for China

Russos is literally making a 'Captain China' movie :rofl:

There's also Disney building theme parks in China. So I say the relationship is very good over there

I'm always surprised that the second biggest market for US movies isn't England. You would think with British ppl being in American movies a lot and vice versa, and the common language.. *shrugs

And the bastardization of teen titans was a damn shame. Teen titans go is terrible. Og TT was so raw.
Red X :smokin :pimp:

Those Chinese filmmakers should just destroy Japan and other Asian countries, then paint America or some other country they don't ally with as the evil corrupt incompetent bad guy or if they want to be risky create a fictional country based off China directly.

There's ways around it.

Those Chinese filmmakers should just destroy Japan and other Asian countries, then paint America or some other country they don't ally with as the evil corrupt incompetent bad guy or if they want to be risky create a fictional country based off China directly.

There's ways around it.
Uh yeah, because that wouldn't cause a global ****fest. Japan and China already have enough bad history and hatred, don't need to foster more.

China and US are the two biggest trade allies on the planet.  More money travels to and from those two countries than any other two countries.

Last edited:
Hell Marvel is already helping produce movies for China

Russos is literally making a 'Captain China' movie :rofl:

There's also Disney building theme parks in China. So I say the relationship is very good over there

I'm always surprised that the second biggest market for US movies isn't England. You would think with British ppl being in American movies a lot and vice versa, and the common language.. *shrugs

Englands population is very small, like ~50 million.

Best believe that major blockbusters will cater some part/add in an Asian/Chinese actor to appease the Chinese audiences.

And Chinese investors are investing $$$ overseas, so it may be more than that.
F4 ROTSS :lol: Ending set in China for no reason.

I forget the other movie but they took this huge star in China and put her in the movie.

Hollywood pandering hard for that Chinese yuan.

Back
Top Bottom