WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

ec239a89_caplost.gif

THOR: RAGNAROK Will Indeed Adapt PLANET HULK; Startling Details On The God Of Thunder's New Look Revealed

The always reliable JoBlo.com have another fresh batch of Marvel Studios scoopage today, revealing tons of details about what we should expect from Thor: Ragnarok. For starters, they mention that the God of Thunder's mission is going to revolve around him needing to find "the ultimate weapon" in order to stop Ragnarok from taking place. Could that be another one of the Infinity Stones? It seems likely as we get closer to the release of Avengers: Infinity War, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Where things get really interesting though is what the site says about how Thor: Ragnarok will adapt the Planet Hulk storyline. Apparently, we're getting something of a mash-up between that and the Ragnarok storyline, with both heroes winding up on a planet where gladiatorial games are taking place. Who's in charge? Well, as many of you have already guessed, it will be The Grandmaster.

It's during this part of the film that The Hulk will don the classic Planet Hulk armour from the comic books, something which promises to be an absolute delight to see on the big screen. It's Thor's new look which is most shocking though as Chris Hemsworth will apparently be rocking a shaved head for some of the movie, an appearance it's fair to say will be vastly different for him. Tessa Thompson's Valkyrie meanwhile will, "be wearing war paint on her face, much like a Native American warrior."

Last edited:
GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 DETAILS!

Now, outside of Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Bradley Cooper, Dave Bautista, and Vin Diesel returning to their respective roles in the film, we also have some new players in town, including Pom Klementieff as Mantis, Chris Sullivan as Taserface, Tommy Flanagan as Tullk, and three other actors in mysterious, unknown roles, including Sylvester Stallone and Kurt Russell, with one of them presumably being Star-Lord’s long-lost father, although that’s not something I can confirm at all. Just my own speculation.

However, there’s one other star that we don’t know of yet and that’s Elizabeth Debicki, who you may know from THE MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E., THE GREAT GATSBY, and The Night Manager. Now, although we can’t confirm that she’s playing this specific role, we can confirm who the main villain of GUARDIANS 2 is…and it fits Debicki quite well.

View media item 2051068
The villain is none other than Ayesha aka Her aka Kismet aka Paragon. Yes, she’s gone by many names and had quite a few forms in the comics, but almost always as a blonde goddess-like being. Comic Book Movie broke this back in March, so credit where it’s due, but we can confirm from our own independent sources that the villain in the film is, in fact, Ayesha.

Now, the significance of Ayesha in GUARDIANS 2 and the greater MCU is rather huge, especially when you consider that she was created by The Enclave, a group of scientists dedicated to taking control of the world, starting with the creation of the perfect genetic beings, made to restart humanity. Their first version of this, called HIM, would later evolve into the character known as Adam Warlock, who escaped The Enclave. However, The Enclave made a second being, which became HER aka Ayesha, who also escapes and goes looking for HIM, who she considers to be her perfect mate to start a new perfect race.

How much of that origin factors into GUARDIANS 2 we can’t say, but we know that Ayesha is the main antagonist for our fun-loving space criminals/superheroes and it certainly teases at some broader strokes into the cosmic realm of the MCU.

Last edited:
Guardians 2 looks like it will wash the bad taste of Ragnarok out of my mouth :pimp:

Gunn did with one cheesy comedy what the Thor series has utterly failed to do.

Bald Thor :rofl:

Yall ain't get Thor right when he had hair!

Last edited:
Still curious to see how Hulk ends up off earth. I hope they go into detail with this and how he ends up being in armor and all that.

Bald thor? Interesting. I wonder why.

So they're going to add some PH story but reverse the roles? Thor(silver surfer in the comic) is going to save Hulk by removing the mind control disc? 

Last edited:
All sounds cool.

HER definitely means HIM is right around the corner :pimp:

Dope that Banner goes to be left alone and gets kidnapped and forced in to gladiatorial games. Doubt he'll rule the planet and get married though.

Thor movie gonna be good just for having Hulk in it.

So they're going to add some PH story but reverse the roles? Thor(silver surfer in the comic) is going to save Hulk by removing the mind control disc? 
I only saw the animated movie.. but I guess he would play the beta ray bill role from that
Dope that Banner goes to be left alone and gets kidnapped and forced in to gladiatorial games. Doubt he'll rule the planet and get married though.
maybe he ends up there after whatever goes down.. he gets freed and decides to stick around.. then thanos does something forcing him back

Last edited:
I don't know if I like Planet Hulk being a subplot in a Thor movie. I hope Ragnarok is as much a Hulk movie as it is a Thor one. The Thor films have also been the weakest of the solos.

I'm going to remain optimistic though, because I've liked everything else I've heard up to now. The Green Scar is about to show everyone who's the strongest!

The Games Master, Jeff Goldblum's character, is probably going to force the Hulk and Thor into gladiatorial games....that's where the adapting Planet Hulk will probably come from.

Last edited:
Well it's not like we're ever getting another solo Hulk movie any time soon.

Take what you can get. I feel the Hulk can only make auThor movie better.

Hulk has been forced in to fights before; Contest of Games and a whole bunch of other times.

Last edited:
I only saw the animated movie.. but I guess he would play the beta ray bill role from that

maybe he ends up there after whatever goes down.. he gets freed and decides to stick around.. then thanos does something forcing him back

Beta Ray Bill played the Silver Surfer role in the animated film

I thought Legion was a Fox owned title and was going to be produced by Fox (so I posted in the Fox thread too) but I guess Marvel is working with them on this one?

FX NETWORKS PICKS UP 'LEGION' TO SERIES

The 8-episode first season coming early 2017!

FX Networks has ordered the first season of "Legion," the story of a troubled young man who may be more than human, it was announced today by Nick Grad and Eric Schrier, Presidents of Original Programming, FX Networks and FX Productions. Production on the eight-episode first season will begin this summer in Vancouver and the new series from FX Productions and Marvel Television will debut on FX in early 2017.

“We’ve come to expect excellence from Noah Hawley and with 'Legion' he has delivered another major creative achievement,” said Grad. “Just as he did in reimagining 'Fargo,' he is bringing an entirely new aesthetic and sensibility to the enormously popular and richly represented X-Men world. The pilot episode is stunning, driven by incredible performances from Dan Stevens, Aubrey Plaza, Jean Smart, Rachel Keller and the rest of the cast. We join our producing partners at Marvel in congratulating the creative team for what they’ve accomplished and are as excited as the fans for the premiere of 'Legion’s' first season.”

"Marvel Television is thrilled to not only have our first partnership with FX go to series, but working with the enormously talented Noah Hawley makes it even better," said Executive Producer and Head of Marvel TV, Jeph Loeb, "From the first time we heard Noah's vision to his exceptional script and cast through the extraordinary filming of the pilot, we knew the series would be incredible."

"Legion" introduces the story of David Haller: Since he was a teenager, David has struggled with mental illness. Diagnosed as schizophrenic, David has been in and out of psychiatric hospitals for years. But after a strange encounter with a fellow patient, he’s confronted with the possibility that the voices he hears and the visions he sees might be real.

Dan Stevens ("The Guest"), Rachel Keller ("Fargo"), Aubrey Plaza ("Parks and Recreation") and Jean Smart ("Fargo") star in "Legion."

Noah Hawley ("Fargo") will serve as an Executive Producer along with Lauren Shuler Donner ("X-Men: Days of Future Past," "The Wolverine"), Bryan Singer ("X-Men: Days of Future Past," "Superman Returns"), Simon Kinberg ("X-Men: Days of Future Past," "The Martian"), Jeph Loeb ("Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.," "Marvel’s Daredevil," "Marvel’s Jessica Jones"), Jim Chory ("Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.," "Marvel’s Daredevil," "Marvel’s Jessica Jones") and John Cameron ("Fargo," "The Big Lebowski"). "Legion" is the latest project from Hawley and Cameron, two of the Executive Producers of the Emmy[emoji]174[/emoji] and Golden Globe[emoji]174[/emoji] -winning FX limited series "Fargo."

"Legion" will be produced by FX Productions and Marvel Television, with FXP handling the physical production.

View media item 2051288

Last edited:
Yeah. I never felt like Marvel Studios would have the Illuminati or Nick Fury trick Hulk and double cross him like that in the films. They want the audiences (and kids) to still like these guys. But then we wouldn't get the epic World War Hulk after. I guess after Civil War, moviegoers would probably get internal dispute fatigue. :lol:

The Games Master, Jeff Goldblum's character, is probably going to force the Hulk and Thor into gladiatorial games....that's where the adapting Planet Hulk will probably come from.

I could see Grandmaster taking the role of Red King from PH, but I hope it's not that simple. Hulk's longtime friends and allies, people he trusted that used him and double crossed him, is what fueled his anger and motivation. It made him angrier and stronger than ever. Hulk doesn't spend the entire arc as a gladiator either. More than enough to be it's own film.

It's a partnership cuz Fox needed Marvel to okay the live action tv series.

It's a partnership in the sense that its a Marvel property. Same way we see the Marvel logo before a Fox movie.

The Legion tv show is not set in the MCU so it doesn't really belong here.

Last edited:
Just weird that Marvel.com reported it, probably first time they've shown some kindness to Fox in a long while :lol:

Back
Top Bottom