WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

Hulk turning gray in AOU would've been interesting as ****. Not even Mr. Fixit yet but just plain ol gray Hulk would've added a whole lot curiosity and intrigue to what's going on with the Hulk.

There isn't going to be a Hulk solo flick and if they did do Planet Hulk they wouldn't need to introduce a bunch of Hulk forms they haven't even established yet. Just say the Hulk's brain evolved to a point where he could survive in this new environment and that comes with higher intelligence.
Or, they could just come up with literally any explanation that they wanted to and never have to show multiple other forms at all. Not as if the film's copy every detail exactly from the comics.

You mean a stupid plotline? They should def not do that.
Just because it doesn't follow the comics continuity or bother to unpack and explain all that Hulk stuff doesn't mean it's a stupid plot line.

It'd take some light exposition on the Hulk's actual powers. The madder he gets the stronger he gets. That got extrapolated in explaining away how he can hold his breath for so long to him being able to do it indefinitely in space to him not needing to breath at all.

For Planet Hulk they could simplify it all the way down to a Professor Hulk situation and just say Banner's mind has taken control. No need to bring up every single Hulk form and say they merged together.

Last edited:
So Hulk just needed a punch to the face after being suplex'd through a building for him to be out?  Or was the sun getting real low at that point?

Hulk turning gray in AOU would've been interesting as ****. Not even Mr. Fixit yet but just plain ol gray Hulk would've added a whole lot curiosity and intrigue to what's going on with the Hulk.

There isn't going to be a Hulk solo flick and if they did do Planet Hulk they wouldn't need to introduce a bunch of Hulk forms they haven't even established yet. Just say the Hulk's brain evolved to a point where he could survive in this new environment and that comes with higher intelligence.
Or, they could just come up with literally any explanation that they wanted to and never have to show multiple other forms at all. Not as if the film's copy every detail exactly from the comics.

You mean a stupid plotline? They should def not do that.
Just because it doesn't follow the comics continuity or bother to unpack and explain all that Hulk stuff doesn't mean it's a stupid plot line.

It'd take some light exposition on the Hulk's actual powers. The madder he gets the stronger he gets. That got extrapolated in explaining away how he can hold his breath for so long to him being able to do it indefinitely in space to him not needing to breath at all.

For Planet Hulk they could simplify it all the way down to a Professor Hulk situation and just say Banner's mind has taken control. No need to bring up every single Hulk form and say they merged together.

Bingo. Just like with Jason Todd being dead in Dawn of Justice. You think they're going to show every single aspect of the character? No, because they don't have time to do something that took years within the span of a single film. Civil War obviously isn't going to follow the exact same route as the comic storyline, one major reason being the lack of all the required characters. Dark Knight Rises adapted numerous Batman storylines (Knightfall, No Man's Land, Dark Knight Returns) to make something of its own, and did a solid job of it. A Hulk film, or any comic film, could go the exact same way. (Hell, Ultron had zero to do with Hank Pym in AOU)

Who is saying you need to go to the background of every character. Yall ****** be doing too much. I have approved of almost all the changes to some of these characters so far. MCU IM >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Comic IM.

Doesnt change that all those Hulks combining into one is a far better explanation than the **** I just read except Zik's explanation.

Last edited:
Who is saying you need to go to the background of every character. Yall ****** be doing too much. I have approved of almost all the changes to some of these characters so far. MCU IM >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Comic IM.

Doesnt change that all those Hulks combining into one is a far better explanation than the **** I just read except Zik's explanation.

If you're admitting that Marvel can do a good job at this and has done so with other characters, than bringing up the comic explanation at all, as if it's the only possible one, seems fairly irrelevant.

One thing I think we should keep in mind is all this Hulk stuff had to be made sense of after mistakes.

The only reason gray Hulk exists is cuz of issues with coloring back in the 60s. Hulk was suppose to always be green. Then they had to make sense of that. Notice how they ditched the whole phases of the moon and making the Hulk like a werewolf though.

Then some writer brought back gray Hulk and gave him the personality of Mr. Fixit.

Same with the inconsistency with Hulk's speech. At first he just talked like an uneducated hoodlum (a 60s hoodlum). There wasn't any Hulk isn't smart, he only did the Hulk smash stuff when fighting. He could understand and carry on a convo. Then that moon stuff came in and writer's who took over (I think Stan as well) found it easier for Hulk to be a child like brute. Later on even that got explained away through his powers about the angrier he gets the more other stuff get diminished to focus on making him stronger.

Later on that growing theory of Bruce's id and ego and being abused, possible multiple personalities all ended up leading to the multiple Hulk's in his head that suddenly became more than a mental problem. I think Peter David is responsible for a lot of that (good stories). Now we are where we are with continuity.

The only reason Bruce's full name is David Bruce Banner is cuz Stan Lee made a mistake (given he was basically the sole writer and co-writer for like a dozen comics and growing throughout the 60s) like he's done before like with calling Peter Parker Peter Palmer. Instead of ditching it they made it stick.

Last edited:
Any theories on where that quinjet is going? And do ya'll think Thunderbolt is going to be on the run for him again? I hope not. I'm tired of the misunderstood monster being chased by the government story.

If you're admitting that Marvel can do a good job at this and has done so with other characters, than bringing up the comic explanation at all, as if it's the only possible one, seems fairly irrelevant.

And they've also done terrible mandarine level ****ups. Point still relevant

And they've also done terrible mandarine level ****ups. Point still relevant

So basically you're saying they could do either a good or a bad job lol ok.

As I said, acting as if Marvel has to stick to the comic route and is limited by it is silly.

Last edited:
One thing I think we should keep in mind is all this Hulk stuff had to be made sense of after mistakes.

The only reason gray Hulk exists is cuz of issues with coloring back in the 60s. Hulk was suppose to always be green. Then they had to make sense of that. Notice how they ditched the whole phases of the moon and making the Hulk like a werewolf though.

Then some writer brought back gray Hulk and gave him the personality of Mr. Fixit.

Same with the inconsistency with Hulk's speech. At first he just talked like an uneducated hoodlum (a 60s hoodlum). There wasn't any Hulk isn't smart, he only did the Hulk smash stuff when fighting. He could understand and carry on a convo. Then that moon stuff came in and writer's who took over (I think Stan as well) found it easier for Hulk to be a child like brute. Later on even that got explained away through his powers about the angrier he gets the more other stuff get diminished to focus on making him stronger.

Later on that growing theory of Bruce's id and ego and being abused, possible multiple personalities all ended up leading to the multiple Hulk's in his head that suddenly became more than a mental problem. I think Peter David is responsible for a lot of that (good stories). Now we are where we are with continuity.

The only reason Bruce's full name is David Bruce Banner is cuz Stan Lee made a mistake (given he was basically the sole writer and co-writer for like a dozen comics and growing throughout the 60s) like he's done before like with calling Peter Parker Peter Palmer. Instead of ditching it they made it stick.

I'm pretty sure you're incorrect on a couple of points.

First of all (both), Hulk was always supposed to be GRAY, but the coloring technology of the time made it difficult to have him "pop" from the comics, so they went with the color green.

Secondly, "Bruce" was considered a "gay"* name, so Stan Lee ran with David to make the character more appealing to the masses.

*The PC police can try to go back and change history, but that was the social climate of the time.

(Disclaimer/rant)
I stopped collecting comics in the mid-90s, but the MCU is literally a dream come true. I appreciate what Fox did with X1 and X2, and I appreciate what Sony did with SM1 & 2, but it was easy for me to tell that neither studio ever really saw the potential of the source material.

Once I saw Cap1, I understood why it wasn't an outright box office smash, but I left the (German) theater thinking "damn, these guys know what they're doing". I NEVER liked Cap as kid but i came to respect him as an adult based on his first movie alone.

My ultimate dream is to have Wolverine cast properly and brought into the MCU fold. Jackman was satisfactory for the first 2 films, but they never truly got the character right if I'm being honest.

The over saturation of Avengers 2 promotion was nearly cringe-worthy, but understandable. The wanted NO ROOM for DC or the Marvel affiliates to breathe and they did a good job on that front (particularly with the acquisition of some rights to Spiderman). However there was absolutely NO desire for me to see A2 twice as I had already seen enough. I went to see Ant Man twice, and thoroughly enjoyed both viewings because there were some surprises.

With that said, it absolutely warms my heart to hear that the box office numbers were viewed as a disappointment to the Marvel execs. It tells me that they realize the potential of the source material and blame themselves with how they handled it.

Blah... Blah-blah... Blah... More Marvel movies.

Last edited:
It weird, if you google it, you'll get exactly what Zik said, but I remember reading what ^you just said on IGN.

It weird, if you google it, you'll get exactly what Zik said, but I remember reading what ^you just said on IGN.
This just proves who is actually incorrect :lol:

I won't argue the green/gray Hulk stuff even though I'm sure he was intended to be green but the whole Bruce/'David stuff I'm sure on going off reading some interview where Stan himself said he had made tons of mistakes.

Interesting that Bruce was seen as a gay name at that time though :lol: or is trasoul82 trasoul82 just hating on Bruce Jenner? :lol: :nerd:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom