WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

I hope you guys know that the Russos don't write the dialogue lol

They just direct

Whether you'll see a lot of one liners or not is up to a different pair of guys

Honestly, the one liners never bothered me

#gowhedon

#imissyou
Directors re-write and scrap dialogue ALL the time.

The process for writing a script and the multiple drafts it goes through is extremely thorough. The script goes through rounds of examination and critique where at some point it has to be approved by the director and most times the screenwriter is working very closely with the director in the first place. It's not uncommon for the screenwriter to basically be the directors partner in that regard who they specifically bring on to new projects.

Last edited:
Directors can choose to ignore what's on the script, with approval, just like some actors have the freedom to ab-lib.

Doesn't mean that either of them do the writing.

Directors can choose to ignore what's on the script, with approval, just like some actors have the freedom to ab-lib.

Doesn't mean that either of them do the writing.
I never said directors write the entire script unless we're talking about directors who also write the scripts for their movies.

Like I said though, dialogue for scenes get rewritten ALL the time. Before that though when the script goes through multiple drafts part of that is cuz it also has to get the okay of the director. Furthermore, it's not uncommon for a director to bring his own screenwriter on to the project and scrap w/e script was floating around prior.

A perfect example is GotG with Gunn doing rewrites to the original script which was written by a woman (I forget her name, she's also about to write the Gamora comic). Marvel had the script ready to go and when they hired Gunn to direct he rewrote a lot of it.

Last edited:
I'm gonna remain skeptical until more details come out. I just don't see how they can stretch that premise.

A comedy? I'm down. I love comedies. Most of my favorite shows have a touch of comedy in it. I hate super serious stuff that never lets up. But that's just me personally.

I'm gonna remain skeptical until more details come out. I just don't see how they can stretch that premise.
There's not much to stretch. Insurance/clean up agency that specializes in damage caused by super powered ppl, vigilantes, alien invasions, etc.

A bunch of inter-office hijinks ensue during the job.

Have you read the Damage Control comics? Pretty easy to make a 30 min show based off that. It's one of the more timeless concepts by McDuffie.

Last edited:
It would be funny as hell for Chris Pratt to play a character similar to his Parks and Recreation character for one episode as a guest on that kind of show.

'Hey, don't you look like that Star Lord guy'

Collider movie guys saying the girl from Chuck that y'all love is in the top 5 for Captain Marvel at Marvel Studios

Same ol girl from the last 2 seasons of Dexter and that 24: Another Day season?

Yvonne or something?

She pretty and I can see her being a candidate. Still relatively young, can do some fight scenes. Has time to gain a little more definition and muscle.

Wouldn't be mad at it. It's just she's not the best actress out there for the job. Doesn't really scream leading lady.

On the flip though, she'd make a great Yelena Belova a.k.a. Black Widow II just going off what I know her from; secret agent on Chuck that could fight, ran around with a gun trying to catch Jack Bauer then helping him, and in Dexter she was serial killer that used her sexiness to seduce and then poison you.

Last edited:
DirectLimitedHousefly.gif

In that bikini gif she looks like Bobbi from aos without the mole between her eyes. I hope zachary levi was trying his best to slide in her, I know I would've been.

Back
Top Bottom