WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

I suggested them throwing Hulk into Ragnarok and blending the stories :lol:

Just acknowledging the fact that a PH film doesn't sound like the smartest move on paper.. GOTG didn't either and it turned out to be great but that doesn't automatically sign me up for the rest of Marvel's future flicks.

Biggest question i have about it is how does it advance their overall story. Seems like they're entering a point where every standalone has major significance in expanding the overarching plot and i personally don't know how Planet Hulk will do that.

I imagine a situation where he's sent off somewhere and they use this as a way to crossover some of the cosmic stuff with what's going on here. Could be something with the inhumans, or he crosses path with the Guardians... hell i could even see something where he's sent to Asgard and they make a Hulk/Thor buddy film :lol:

Don't have the slightest idea but i'm interested in seeing where they take this.

Marvel been listening 8)

Last edited:
For my next #MarvelBomb

Brie Larson for Captain Marvel
had no idea she was in that movie

one of the GOAT comic book movies 
pimp.gif

Marvel should justbup a billi for Doom, Kang, and the Silver Surfer alone. I wanna ****** see Kang :smh:

yall wilding, yall knew wwhat the story was going to be about from jump... you want the kid to put on the suit now???

I dont understand what yall expected??

it's going the way we anticipated.
The show just sucks. It's not about expectations either. Nobody was clamoring for a live action Batman tv show. No Bat fan wants to see that inevitable trainwreck.

The problem with Gotham is simple. It isn't good. The writing and plotting just isn't up to par. For a long while it didn't know if it wanted to be a police procedural set in Gotham or an action drama with focused character and story arcs in a comic book setting. S1 was all types of bad. They keep seesawing on **** nobody wants to see (or at least I don't).

There's no need to cram in all of these Batman villains they continue misfire on. Why did the Fish Mooney subplot have to be so bad? Why is the actor playing the Penguin so bad?

If the show isn't about Bruce Wayne becoming Batman. Stop ******* showing a young Bruce Wayne that can't do **** at the age of 12 with his butler. That kid was one of the most annoying parts of the show. Plus meeting a young Catwoman? That's all types of bull ****.

I would've kept watching if this show was simply Jim Gordon's journey to becoming police commish in Gotham. Raising up the ranks from detective. Cleaning out all of the corrupt police with some help and seeing how ******* awful Gotham truly was before costumed villains and vigilantes. Keep that premise simple. Now just add depth with good writing (which this show lacks). All this weird crap with Barbara's love triangle is worthless.

I aint even in the right thread and you got me going off on Gotham :lol: :smh: and I had quietly just stopped watching the show back when I gave up in S1.

As for Heroes, great S1, okay S2 the rest was bad. If it was downhill from S1, it never recovered from the writer's strike. What they're doing now is embarrassing. Never seen much hate for Firefly on NT. It's cool with me. I like AoS but I can understand some ppl not sticking with it and saying it's bad based off when they stopped watching.
damn that news got me back in the thread and now i read in here its not true... sucks

Denied by Fox. For all we know, they could be lying.
It's also denied by Marvel.
Since our original story about the possibility of Marvel having re-acquired the rights to Fantastic Four, we've been contacted by 20th Century Fox. It states that our source's suggestion that Fox had reached some kind of deal with Marvel is "completely untrue."

A denial has also come from Marvel.

Read more: http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/fan...x-denies-fantastic-four-rumours#ixzz3ogaOqOnJ
Call me crazy or a conspiracy theorist but I think they both agreed to lie.

FOX doesn't want to look bad giving back the F4 rights so soon just for Marvel okaying some tv shows.

I might be wrong but just notice the trend when these sites leak real info as rumors. When it happens, the studio has to deny it or the other side and at times that can ruin a deal cuz somebody opened their mouth.

So I wouldn't be surprised to really have a united front on this agreement Marvel and FOX also agreed to deny any rumors of a deal until it actually is all the way official in 2020.

This is of course a reversal from the rumors of their relationships and how things use to be. Ever since the Spidey deal it seems Disney is figuring out some way to fool these other corporations. I don't expect a similar deal with FOX but just a repeat of when they gave back DD. It makes no sense to hold on to F4 when you failed like that just to announce a reboot or sequel in 5-7 years. Especially with the fact that FOX can't crossover the F4 and X-Men and if they did they might be violating their licensing contract they had with Marvel. Plus they might want to negotiate stuff like movie merch for X-Men since Marvel is refusing to make any of that.

At this point I just feel FOX will give up F4 eventually. Waiting to do it until 2025 or w/e is just too petty.
...and we just gonna act like Gunn's wack *** didn't confirm new characters for Guardians. >D

Nova's coming. But knowing Gunn he'll put his own corny interpretation of him
Stop flip flopping. You went from accepting Gunn won't use Nova to now believing he will and he's just not announcing it.

If a Nova shows up in GoTG Vol. 2, it won't be Richard Rider and there have been plenty alien ones before him. Gunn has said he wants Quill to be the only Earthling out there like that.

I don't get how Gunn says new characters will be in the movie and you jump to Nova. Where you're knowledge of Marvel cosmic characters. There's hundreds of choices. Aint no guarantee these new ppl are having major rules in the movie. As far the team goes he could be talking about Mantis, Bug, and Phyla-Vell.
aka no one was watching thor
Basically :lol:

They putting Hulk in this to raise the box office. Can't see Banner being any help so it'll be mindless Hulk action. Bet it's Loki that summons him too :lol:

Last edited:
Call me crazy or a conspiracy theorist but I think they both agreed to lie.

If this alleged "deal" is that masterful then props to both companies I guess...
I say that strictly off there'd be nothing to gain from Marvel to make a deal to let FOX do X-Men tv shows.

If we're to believe the past reports that the last attempt fell a part and led to Marvel having less of a focus on franchises they no longer have the movie rights to why would they give this to FOX now? and put their name next to it and even post the article on their site.

It's one thing that by default Marvel studios will have one of their guys listed as producer for the FOX Marvel movies but we know they don't have any involvement. For this tv thing it's not just that but actual promotion for the shows.

If it's not F4 movie rights, I wonder what did Marvel get in return. They wouldn't do it for free.
y'all doubted lamekilla too... look where that got you
lame's claims that anniversary posters and video games supported his theory still remain unproven.

Nobody from Marvel has come out and said we left hints for you guys before we announced it. The poster and that one game were all signs, and now Spidey is in the MCU.

Everybody was in the right for doubting lame. His theory wasn't reasonable or logical.

Last edited:
Via Hitfix on why Fox likely will not give F4 and apparently, Fox isn't the sole owner of the F4 rights.

Fox isn't planning to give it back to Marvel, though. Whether anyone wants to believe it at this point or not, they still have plans for the property. What form those plans will take is still under discussion, but they haven't just given up and thrown in the towel on it. They took a critical beating on the film, they had big problems with the press and with their director, and it's been a financial disappointment, to say the least. Even so, they managed to squeeze about $165 million out of the movie when you factor in the worldwide box-office.

That's not the point, though. There is a rumor that has gone crazy today that Fox has traded Marvel Studios the rights to "Fantastic Four" so that Fox can produce several different "X-Men" based television shows.

The "X-Men" TV shows are true. The thing is, they've been negotiating them for months, and to be clear, Marvel didn't give anything up. They negotiated a deal to co-produce the series, something that's become very lucrative for them. They've got "Agents of SHIELD" and "Agent Carter" on ABC, and they've got the Netflix deal in place for several different series.

One of those, I'd point out, is "Daredevil," a property that was owned for a time by Fox, who produced one film and an "Elektra" spin-off, and they came very close to making another movie as well. They balked at the last moment, though, and lost the rights to the character, also losing the rights to the Kingpin in the process. The Netflix "Daredevil" has become very well regarded among fans of the character, and the second season is going to fold another character that has had a rocky big-screen career, The Punisher, into the series.

Let me ask you this: if you're 20th Century Fox and you traded away "Daredevil" only to watch Marvel knock it out of the park, both creatively and in terms of fan reaction, how eager do you think you're going to be to also hand over "Fantastic Four," which you've fumbled creatively twice now? Do you think Fox is a rush to get shown up again? Or do you think it's more likely they've got something to prove now? Do you think they're going to hand over a potential franchise that exists as a rights package with a number of other characters and ideas bundled into it, or do you think they're going to keep trying to figure it out because they know how much money they've made off of the "X-Men" film series so far?

To be clear, I did my homework today. If Fox did trade away "Fantastic Four," which they did not, they did it without telling anyone involved with the property at all. Because that's the way things work. They wouldn't tell any of the involved parties, and they especially wouldn't tell Constantin Film, the actual rights holder on the property. Oh, wait, what? You mean Fox doesn't own "Fantastic Four" outright? You mean even if they wanted to, they couldn't trade the property for something else? Really? That seems surprising, unless you've paid any attention to the development history of "Fantastic Four" at all.

Like I said… I understand why rumors spread. People want to believe them. But I don't understand how people who write about films for a living routinely will print things that don't even pass a fundamental sniff test because they don't know anything about the way things actually work. More and more these days, so-called "fan press" seems to believe that actual expertise is something that doesn't matter, and so we see entire days or weeks of outright fabrication or faulty games of connect-the-dots, and we watch fandom whip itself into a frenzy over nothing.

Logic and a working knowledge of the business side of our industry… are those things too much too ask?

On days like today, it feels like the answer to that is "yes."

Read more at http://www.hitfix.com/motion-captur...umor-is-complete-nonsense#MEDgPuMigIB2SFjb.99

While we didn't know all the details I'm more than sure Marvel definitely knows who they sold the film rights to. So if they had made a deal it would've obviously involved any other studio that had partial rights.

Marvel managed to work something out with Universal where while they don't do Hulk solo flicks cuz of distribution rights they got Hulk for Avengers and apparently any other MCU movie.

So revealing some other studio has partial film rights to the X-Men doesn't change anything. If a deal is made, all parties would be informed and most likely apart of negotiations.

My whole thing is we know the deal with the tv rights. Marvel has that for X-Men. For either of them to do a live action tv show they need the okay from one another. We saw what happened when they weren't on the same pg when FOX was gonna sue Marvel for Mutant X (remember that crap show?) and that ended up having no connection to X-Men comics in order to go through and had to end up being on a FOX network iirc.

So in the present, clearly things have changed. A deal has been made and Marvel had to get something out of it. Otherwise why do it and promote it?

Last edited:
With the universal/marvel situation I think Marvel always maintained the Character rights but Universal owned the distribution rights to the character.

From what I can tell from Google searches it's the same with Fox/Constantin.

Guys in here have a better grasp on it than me lol

Let me ask you this: if you're 20th Century Fox and you traded away "Daredevil" only to watch Marvel knock it out of the park, both creatively and in terms of fan reaction, how eager do you think you're going to be to also hand over "Fantastic Four," which you've fumbled creatively twice now? Do you think Fox is a rush to get shown up again? Or do you think it's more likely they've got something to prove now? Do you think they're going to hand over a potential franchise that exists as a rights package with a number of other characters and ideas bundled into it, or do you think they're going to keep trying to figure it out because they know how much money they've made off of the "X-Men" film series so far?

This would imply that Fox cares about putting out quality Marvel movies.

Everything I read about the new FF movie leads me to believe that they didn't care. ej. How the film was rushed, continuity issues like Susan Storm's hair, etc. Straight up sounded like Fox just put up the movie to keep the rights.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom