What are the the top-5 most ICONIC beats in hip-hop?

I had an iconic beat thread a few years back, but it more so surrounded the question of whether or not anything from today's music can sneak into that "iconic" beat category. That being said, let's just get right to the chase. In your opinion, what are the top-5 most iconic beats in hip-hop history? Doesn't have to be in any order, but just the 5 most iconic. To me, iconic means that it can also reach an extremely broad audience....

1. Jump Around
2. OPP
3. In Da Club
4. Ice Ice Baby
5. T.R.O.Y.

This was hard...

I think CREAM has to crack that list

Good call....like I said, this is hard to do. It's obviously subjective, but narrowing it down to 5 is hard. I mean, there are some classic bangers out there.

Forgot about Dre
CREAM
Mama Said Knock You Out
etc...

subject to change since there's a wide arrange of classic beats in hip hop but here it is

Still D.R.E.
Juicy
Lose Yourself
C.R.E.A.M.
Made You Look

shook ones - mobb deep

xxplosive or still DRE - dr. dre

grindin - clipse - pharrell

Cream - wu tang

Jump Around - House of Pain

There are SO many I really thinks it's impossible to narrow it down, but here's a handful of songs / beats that I love.

- T.R.O.Y

- Nothing But A G Thang

- Sippin On Some Syrup

- Still Tippin

- Int'l Players Anthem (I Choose You)

Edit - Still D.R.E. deserves a spot too. That joint is the epitome of an iconic hip-hop beat. 

Last edited:
A lot of the ones that I was hoping were said were all listed :pimp:
But still, "Nuthin But A G Thang" by Dr. Dre feat. Snoop and "Today Was A Good Day" by Ice Cube still come to mind.

I would also say "Between The Sheets" by the Isley Brothers too, even though it's not a hip hop song, it's definitely been sampled enough by other memorable songs.

Last edited:
Just looking at these lists, this really is difficult, but to try...

- G Thang
- Juicy
- Express Yourself
- Shook Ones
- Rappers Delight

TROY
Shook Ones
Jump Around
Juicy
Still DRE

Honorable Mention: CREAM, Grinding

Last edited: