What are your top 5 post-Illmatic Nas songs?

Originally Posted by Jules300

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

damn i thought i was the only one who liked 2nd childhood
pimp.gif

Are you serious?

Very. Dudes around my way was like
sick.gif
( in a bad way) when it dropped. I was like yall must not be listening to what dude is saying. song is was and always have been fire imo

You from buffalo right? I was there when this dropped boys were rocking with it heavy. I was on the east side tho

tough stuff...anything involving Nas and top songs makes it hard to narrow down...

The Message
Doo Rags
Rule
If I Ruled the World
Ether

pimp.gif

Are you serious?

sick.gif
( in a bad way) when it dropped. I was like yall must not be listening to what dude is saying. song is was and always have been fire imo
I think you know why they aint like it.

laugh.gif

i cant do 5, but i'll say

1. The Message
Nas is Like
Doo Rags
Good Morning
Rule
If I Ruled the World
We Will Survive
Purple
One Mic
NYSOM 2
Silent Murder

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

My N got joints for days... & days... If we went song for song, bar for bar he has to be the undisputed GOAT... You can't listen to this N with a serious ear for hip hop and claim there's one better... May be some close, maybe in his league but lyrically there's NO one, past or present, dead or alive who is BETTER... No way...
pimp.gif
thank you. this is exactly how i feel.

i know there are other MCs who have solid arguments... but honestly, i get heated when people say Nas is not the GOAT. just look at the caliber of songs beingnamed in this thread.. and we're not even including Illmatic. come on maaaaaaaaaaan
sick.gif
smh.gif

Street Dreams
Watch Dem ******
Last Real *****Alive
The Message
Small World

pimp.gif

Are you serious?

sick.gif

You from buffalo right? I was there when this dropped boys were rocking with it heavy. I was on the east side tho

yeah it was the eastside of buffalo around walden ave and genessee

Top five. hmm this is hard...

No Order

Nas Is Like
Ether
Take It In Blood
Ny State of Mind 2
One Mic

This just ruined my day in a good way, im a list 5 and then go about my whole day saying "nah nah nah i should of said......"

1. I Gave You Power
2. The Message
3. One Mic
4. Take It In Blood
5. Undying Love

On Second thought man give me the whole IT WAS WRITTEN Album !
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

NaS>................................ i'll wait.

Damn this is hard.. Uhh off the top my head

1. Either
2. If I Ruled the World
3. One Mic
4. Message to the Feds
5. I give you power

Soooo many more to choose from

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

My N got joints for days... & days... If we went song for song, bar for bar he has to be the undisputed GOAT... You can't listen to this N with a serious ear for hip hop and claim there's one better... May be some close, maybe in his league but lyrically there's NO one, past or present, dead or alive who is BETTER... No way...
pimp.gif
thank you. this is exactly how i feel.

i know there are other MCs who have solid arguments... but honestly, i get heated when people say Nas is not the GOAT. just look at the caliber of songs being named in this thread.. and we're not even including Illmatic. come on maaaaaaaaaaan
sick.gif
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom