What cultures outside of your own interest you? Vol. Culture Appreciation

I am very interested in Buddist culture. Not 100% if it's mostly based on the Monks and their clothing and mala beads or just the tranquility they emit

Second would be Japanese, the food, the people, the language

Also Samoan tribal rituals and their history and Jamaican cultures

Filipino- What are they parties to lit, but their hands such trash.

Colombian- What makes the white ones so happy? Also, WHY?

Last edited:
Honestly a lot of things. Hiphop culture, African culture, Japanese, ...
Here in Belgium when you enter the 7th grade you pick a general subject for your education, each with its own set of classes. Kind of like picking a major in college. In the 9th grade you get some more options and that's the last time you get to pick, whatever you choose is what you'll be placed in until graduation.
I took Latin for my first 2 years which already came with a lot of focus on culture.
In the 9th grade I picked Human Sciences, which focuses on behavioral sciences and cultural sciences.
I've always been interested in other cultures, hence why I picked that subject. I'm glad I did.
I'd love to go to Africa one day.

Last edited:
Im really into country culture.

Like old school cats out there on a farm with old pickups and shotguns.
standin on the porch lookin at all that fine land.

seem to be really about their grit.

On the far end of the spectrum ny cats....big city cats....id like to study them.

How does your white supremacist father feel?

Honestly a lot of things. Hiphop culture, African culture, Japanese, ...
Here in Belgium when you enter the 7th grade you pick a general subject for your education, each with its own set of classes. Kind of like picking a major in college. In the 9th grade you get some more options and that's the last time you get to pick, whatever you choose is what you'll be placed in until graduation.
I took Latin for my first 2 years which already came with a lot of focus on culture.
In the 9th grade I picked Human Sciences, which focuses on behavioral sciences and cultural sciences.
I've always been interested in other cultures, hence why I picked that subject. I'm glad I did.
I'd love to go to Africa one day.

African culture... with its variety all on one land 100s if not 1000s of different language's, foods, women and customs... 

Most definitely Italian culture for me.

I'd like to learn Italian one day as well & I'm pretty sure it won't be THAT difficult because it's sooo similar to Spanish (I'm Hispanic).

I faintly remember seeing a documentary regarding the Maasai people...and would love to learn more about their culture.

Also wish I knew more about the Native Americans.

People saying African culture, are you guys referring to a specific country or the continent as a whole?

I'm not trying to throw on a cape here, sadly, it's just always been a big misconception to most that Africa is a country when really how America has states is how Africa has countries.

I'm Asian, Hmong, to be exact and am interested in every culture. 

I would love to have friends of all nationality of races. 

Last edited:
Africa...I went to a African wedding and the joint was amazing. Truly was a celebration, the throwing money and both families coming in dancing. Straight dope.

People saying African culture, are you guys referring to a specific country or the continent as a whole?

I'm not trying to throw on a cape here, sadly, it's just always been a big misconception to most that Africa is a country when really how America has states is how Africa has countries.

no such thing as African culture, Nigerian culture and Kenyan culture are very different.

Africa...I went to a African wedding and the joint was amazing. Truly was a celebration, the throwing money and both families coming in dancing. Straight dope.
[emoji]128064[/emoji] a tossing of currency you say?

When this occurred, was it a free-for-all for the bills?

[emoji]128064[/emoji] a tossing of currency you say?

When this occurred, was it a free-for-all for the bills?
It goes to the bride and groom. Dope stuff. Food was trash tho, no disrespect.

Last edited:
What did the meal consist of?

I'm always down to try something at least once (pause, I'm strictly talking food here).

Last edited:

no such thing as African culture, Nigerian culture and Kenyan culture are very different.

:lol: I'm half Kenyan... and I 100% agree about our culture and Nigerian being night and day.

Pretty much all of them. When I was younger I wanted to spend my life just experiencing other cultures. Live somewhere for a few years and then move on.

Start in Japan and slowly make my way back to the west. Then I got older and shortened it into a trip around the world 
laugh.gif
 Still haven't taken the trip.

Back
Top Bottom