What Do You Think Of Bill Maher?

I don't think I've ever agreed with anyone on tv as much as I do him. It's scary because I consider my self religious which is the pole opposite of him lol. Do any of you watch his show?

He makes a lot of good points, but he tends to think he's always right. He has good guest to balance it out though.

His religious rants are annoying, only because he forces his beliefs down people's throats, much like those he disagrees with.

He's a pompous and unfunny blowhard hack. And his show is damn near unwatchable because it's just a lefty circle-jerk, for the most part.

I think he's great. smart, funny, and is just about fearless in his approach

i think his show is great too and while i don't agree with his religious beliefs, everyone is entitled to believe in what they want don't you agree?

Originally Posted by Brolic Scholar

He makes a lot of good points, but he tends to think he's always right. He has good guest to balance it out though.

His religious rants are annoying, only because he forces his beliefs down people's throats, much like those he disagrees with.

this
and people need to keep in mind that above everything, he's a comedian.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

this
and people need to keep in mind that above everything, he's a comedian.

co sign

he can be a self righteous jerk.  but i'm ok with him cause it's only him, jon stewart and (no longer keith olbermann) versus the rush limbaughs, bill o'reillys, glenn becks, and the rest of the fox news hacks. 

edit: i forgot to give him points cause he luvvvs him some black women. 

Sounds like a lot of people on this board. 
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
He's cool in my book.

Originally Posted by Nike Jordan

laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
He's cool in my book.

How is Bill Maher forcing his beliefs down people's throats??? I really wanna see a cogent answer to this one.
laugh.gif

He has a talk show on basic cable.  If you don't like what he says, you can just change the channel.

When we talk about religious people forcing their beliefs down our throats, we're talking about the ones that try to legislate laws in accord with their beliefs.  We're talking about the ones trying to get Creationism taught in public schools.  We're talking about the ones trying to take away women's rights.  We're talking about the ones preaching on street corners like hypocrites.

You don't like religion threads on NT? don't enter them.  easy as pie.

He can be pompous and even annoying at times even with things I agree with...

But dude is cool in my book...

And
roll.gif
at lefty circle jerk.. He has as many conservatives on as he does liberals..

He forces opinions when you don't agree with him...
laugh.gif
how convenient.
grin.gif

hes a comedian with a television show and hes a liberal. What do you expect?

Dont act like he doesn't try to have fair panels on his shows or represent other view points.

I mess with dude heavy
pimp.gif

Not to mention his show broke the news of Bin laden's location in '09 tho

a huge fan of his never miss real time, own a dvd of religious, and im going to pick up his new book on Nov 14th

I'm liberal also but he sounds like a douche most of the time.
I understand he's an atheist but his need to attack religion at every chance is annoying.  I don't care about his religious agenda.  It is his show so he has a right to do it.

On a sidenote, when I used to go to church the priest was talking about how much of a jerk that maher is 
laugh.gif

I watched his show for the first time over the summer & got hooked. Dude is pretty arrogant but it don't bother me none
laugh.gif

He's one of the greatest. I'm a Christian but can still appreciate his differing viewpoints, even though I can respectfully disagree. On every other point, though, I am pretty much aligned with his political views.  He's arrogant, cocky, and stubborn, but that's why he's interesting to watch. It's educational, but it's also entertainment.

same reason why i like maher, stewart, and colbert is the same reason i like o'reilly. they bring da lulz. they are da hemi to my comedic muscle car

Originally Posted by NikeAirForce1

laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
He's cool in my book.

How is Bill Maher forcing his beliefs down people's throats??? I really wanna see a cogent answer to this one.
laugh.gif

He has a talk show on basic cable.  If you don't like what he says, you can just change the channel.

When we talk about religious people forcing their beliefs down our throats, we're talking about the ones that try to legislate laws in accord with their beliefs.  We're talking about the ones trying to get Creationism taught in public schools.  We're talking about the ones trying to take away women's rights.  We're talking about the ones preaching on street corners like hypocrites.

This.

And I'm a fan of his.
pimp.gif

huge fan of his as well, real time is part of my weekly hbo lineup of shows i watch religiously (pun intended). Remember watching his show politically incorrect when I was younger on abc (?) way before i knew what they were talkin about.

I also find myself agreeing to a lot of his views as well, he has very strong opinions and is often mislabeled as a liberal version of glen beck or o''riley, which is unfair because above all he's a comedian first and a political pundit second. He's not the funniest comedian in my book but I like his sharp witty remarks and always feel like I'm sticking it to the man by watching his show.

One thing I respect about the man is he fights fire with fire. You hear a lot of this conservative rhetoric these days, particularly from the tea baggers , and he pretty much uses those same tactics to prove his point.

Originally Posted by NikeAirForce1

laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
He's cool in my book.

laugh.gif

I watch the show weekly and I'm not talking about my throat. I can dig up clips to support what I said, for instance, he had Cornel West on once and pretty much told him that he was wrong because he had different religious views than Maher. But I'm not going to get trolled into an argument or debate after I clearly said I like him and the fact that he has guest that balance him out. Some of you need to work on your skimming...

Originally Posted by sillyputty

He forces opinions when you don't agree with him...
laugh.gif
how convenient.
grin.gif

hes a comedian with a television show and hes a liberal. What do you expect?

Dont act like he doesn't try to have fair panels on his shows or represent other view points.

Goes for you too. Try reading, it's fundamental.

818885_300.jpg

Back
Top Bottom