What Has NikeTalk Done For You? Pay It Forward Thread.

Whether NikeTalk has kept you informed over the years of all the upcoming release dates and exclusive shoe information, given you some sort of safe haven for the 9-5ers in those cubicles, or just an outlet from everyday life....we have all benefited from this community in one way or another.

So what has NikeTalk done for you?

I have encountered a lot of people who have stated they have grown up on this site and have been a part of it for a very long time, so with that in mind, a thread where members can pay it forward to others would be nice. Whether it is offering advice about life/college, providing prospective job opportunities, giving information to new members moving to a new area, etc.....we can all bring something to the table no matter how small or big it is.

Let me know what you guys think.

I like the idea of this thread. I haven't grown up on this message board. I joined in '05 when I was 24, but I lurked for a long while. Anyway...for now, the best piece of advice I can offer for anyone is to let it go. No matter what the situation is, at some point, you must learn to let it go. Especially if something was done to you that wasn't your fault. In life, there is no need to hold grudges, it's a burden to you and stops you from living. That's all I got for now.

Something small, but Cubanbee sent me those Nike ID studio cards back in 06...when it was just invite only at the elzabeth street studio.

Props good sir.

SMH at myself for buying one fro 160jordansdeep for like 30. You still my boy "steve" lol.

For real these guys are are 2 nters who are cool in my book.

waiting on cuban to come to nyc so i can cop some ink

If anyone needs help with their resumes and cover letters I would be down to help. I dont work in HR or anything close to it, but I have helped my friends make theirs and they all say its worked for them.

Last edited:
If anyone needs help with their resumes and cover letters I would be down to help. I dont work in HR or anything close to it, but I have helped my friends make theirs and they all say its worked for them.

Will contact you soon.

Great thread.

NT indirectly helped me get a new job. In the career advice thread, there was a member who was talking about applying through jobs on craigslist. I always though craigslist was a bunch of bs with fake ads. Turns out there were a couple legit job postings. I applied for a couple and heard back from 2 within 2 days. Interviewed for the job I really wanted & got offered the position. I'm gonna see if I can get his name. If your reading this, thank you very much for your advice.

Good can really come from this forum
I haven't really looked for or gotten any help on here but I know I will soon in the next few months with college apps and making some big choices about school

The amount of advice about college from this forum is amazing. From girls to classes to roommates. Respect NT

I can't even remember everything. I met some dope people here and even a crush hahaha. But I'd have to say all the knowledge NT has given through the years.

Outside of the countless laughs and nuggets of wisdom I have taken from this site, there are three instances when NT has really come through..

1) Eyes of Hazel hooked me up with an ATLiens shirt a few years ago. It was an XL when my small *** really needed a Medium :lol: Didnt care, rocked it like it was the 90s :smokin
2) Sonny (forgot his s/n) helped me study for a final. I made a "homework help" post in the DMV forum and someone from my class saw it. Of course it would be the guy I saw rocking fresh Air Maxes every discussion session that I suspected was an NTer.
3) A few NTers hooked me up with GMAT and certification study materials after I made thread seeking professional guidance

NTers will look out for you if you ask. We are a community and as long as there are a few good people on this board I can never see myself leaving for good. I dont post as much as before but I am always lurking

Because we have such a huge diverse community, the amount of things that can be learned in a cultural and sub-cultural standpoints is amazing from this site.

I've learned and gained so much information from this site over the years. The variety of opinions and things that we become exposed to is on a different level and a different approach, because it becomes enjoyable and the site is full of opinionated people with plenty of conviction.

I started on this site young, my love for sneakers definitely was taken to new heights, but that's a given. My knowledge about hip-hop music evolved in this site, all the movies, documentaries, shows, etc. etc. I can't even begin to list really; there's so much to take in and discover. I just know I attribute the development of my taste a huge amount from this place.

But one thing will never change: the members make the site. The community is still what makes it the best board in its genre.

I met my wife because of NT.

Read about people exposing their exs or girls they know on H00DTALK... went over there and fell romantically in love.

I still remember the page I found her on too.

Page 13 - Post #346.

Last edited:
Always keep me informed of news and daily events, and coupons codes, and the life advice has always been appreciated

A lot of small stuff.
Kept me from dying from boredom at work
Taught me the art of trolling...that's mainly due to #NT
Put me onto a ton of movies shows and music

nt told me about slickdeals.net, and i've bought everything from my external hard drives to a bowflex from there and saved well over a $1000.

Back
Top Bottom