What in the f word is wrong with my boss

T Lo Sweater

formerly troyd
What's goin on nt. my boss is such a character. Here's what just happened
So I was told this morning by my mom that I have a doctors appointment at 4:30. But I wasn't sure I worked today, so I hit up my boss but like always he didn't answer me. I hit up my co worker and asked if he would check the schedule for me so I can know if I work or not. Few mins later he told me I work today. So I told him to tell the boss that I have a doctors appointment at 4:30 and I'm gonna be late

My boss hits me up asking me why I'm telling other people I'm going to be late. -_-

he also asked me why I'm telling him the day of my appointment, to which i said "my mom just told me this morning" and he stopped answering after that. 

Fast forward - my uncle brings me to my doctor, I get my checkup, then I'm on my way to work. I get there at 5:30 (my shift is from 4 to 7:30) and I go into the kitchen where I work and my boss tells me to go home. He tells me it's too late and they dont need me there. Keep in mind he said this with an attitude and he gave me the nastiest look

So what's the point of me even going there? You can't have the decency to call/text me and say don't come in? I work again on Thursday and I can 10000% guarantee I'm either gonna get written up or get taken off the schedule for a week
mad.gif
mad.gif
Cliffs-mom tells me about doctor appointment-I tell my boss, no response-I tell my co worker to tell my boss-boss asks me why I didn't tell him in the first place-after appointment I go to work-boss has an attitude with me and tells me to leave-guaranteed removal from schedule for a week, or getting written up for sure

you sound like a scumbag employee and he's probably sick of scumbag employees like you that work for him. Kinda like the elementary school teacher that is a jerk because she's been dealing with punk brats for 30 years, they just develop a prick attitude. Get your @**% together dude, the world doesn't march to your beat. Show up, put up, and shut up.

fairly unprofessional on your part. you should have left your boss a message and then go through other people to let him know. and your boss does not have to accommodate you for an unannounced absence from work.

You sound young. you need to get your schedule together and stop letting your parents schedule appointments for you.

They depend on you to be there for your scheduled shift, you can't just show up when it is convenient for you. Your boss did nothing out of line.
Next time talk to mommy before she schedules your check ups.

3 questions. Why didn't you leave a message when you called your boss?

Why would you bother coming in for two hours? Might as well took they whole day off.

How old are you op?

At work halfassing is worst than doing nothing at all.

So it's your bosses fault that YOU didn't know you were scheduled today and that YOU didn't know you had an appt today? Is it fair to everyone else at your work now that they have to work harder and pick up the slack cause you are irresponsible? You seem highly unorganized.

Tell mommy to stop handling your business and take charge of your own life/responsibilities.

I'm 21. I tried to get in touch with him, but he didn't respond. That's why I hit up my co worker so he could tell the boss I was going to be late. And I'm far from a scumbag employee. If I don't work, he may call/text me askin to come in, and I go in. Every single time he asked me I went. He even told me himself I'm one of the best people there.

Trust me if I'm gonna be late I always call. If I can't work one day I let boss know way ahead of time

Originally Posted by denni5themenace

fairly unprofessional on your part. you should have left your boss a message and then go through other people to let him know. and your boss does not have to accommodate you for an unannounced absence from work.

You sound young. you need to get your schedule together and stop letting your parents schedule appointments for you.

yea man, not goin in on you or nothin, but you definitely sound young. you need to become more responsible.

Its no ones fault but YOUR OWN that your mom didnt tell you till today....cause it sure as hell isnt your bosses. end of story.  

edit:
I suggest you go to your boss, in his office, privately and apologize and tell him it shouldnt happen again.

You're 21? Start acting like it. You say he thinks you're a good employee (and I don't doubt that you actually are) that's probably why he was so pissed at you, because he expects better from you. Time to be more responsible.

You need to be more professional you're lucky that your boss didn't just up and tell you to go home and collect your check in a week.

Just remember, in those types of jobs you are replaceable at the drop of a hat.

You are 21 and told your boss concerning your last minute appt. that "your mom told you this morning?"

...like mommy says so = legitimate excuse or something...you are 21 not 12. crazy that you aren't embarrased
by trying to pull such a foolish card & that you have the gall to female dog about the outcome afterward

Am surprised your boss didn't laugh at you no matter how bad a day he was having, cause that is some comic relief

please learn from this experience & drop the entitled attitude, please

Well yea I see what y'all are saying, but this is the same boss that took me off the schedule because I was sick and missed 2 days of work. I even called both days early in the morning and told him I couldnt make it. I'm a part timer so he acts like that with me.

You guys think I'm irresponsible? There's younger people there that don't show up at all, leave the job to go shopping and ($:angry:, yet the boss doesn't say anything because they're full time

Originally Posted by green rhino123

You are 21 and told your boss concerning your last minute appt. that "your mom told you this morning?"

...like mommy says so = legitimate excuse or something...you are 21 not 12. crazy that you aren't embarrased
by trying to pull such a foolish card & that you have the gall to female dog about the outcome afterward

Am surprised your boss didn't laugh at you no matter how bad a day he was having, cause that is some comic relief

please learn from this experience & drop the entitled attitude, please
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TroyD

Well yea I see what y'all are saying, but this is the same boss that took me off the schedule because I was sick and missed 2 days of work. I even called both days early in the morning and told him I couldnt make it. I'm a part timer so he acts like that with me.

You guys think I'm irresponsible? There's younger people there that don't show up at all, leave the job to go shopping and ($:angry:, yet the boss doesn't say anything because they're full time

all this S!!! has nothin to do with YOU. Get your S!!! together man. what does what other folks do have to do with you and your actions. its all good man, you still learning (as am i) so its not personal.

The problem with your boss is that he is not a parent. He makes the schedule and expects you, the employee, to work your assigned shift. Not that difficult. You made his job difficult by not giving him any time to fill your shift.

Why is your mom telling you, a 21 year old, when you have doctors appointments? We all suffer from moments of irresponsibility, but you gotta try to make it right for the other people involved. You should've just said an urgent matter came up that you have to tend to and you can't work at all that day. Bam... all loose ends are tied up. You only exasperated the problem by showing up 90 minutes late for a 3 1/2 hour shift with all sorts of confusion in the air.

I don't understand why you weren't aware of your doctor's appointment or why your mother didn't tell you sooner.

A job is a responsibility, shouldnt be excused unless it's an emergency.

[h3]What in the f word is wrong with my boss Me should be the title.[/h3]

Learn from it!

I don't know about setting up an appointment and all that insurance stuff, so I'm gonna learn it soon enough so I can be on top of it so this doesn't happen again

Originally Posted by derrty6232

Just ask your mom to call your boss and explain what happened.
He's 21, not 14.

Hope you still have your job by your next shift. Poor communication on your mom's part I guess.

Originally Posted by derrty6232

Just ask your mom to call your boss and explain what happened.

Do NOT do this.
He's a grown man, I think it would look poorly in the eyes of his boss.  Your mom can't get you off the hook anymore, especially in a work place setting.

Just keep going and work hard to regain some cred with your boss.

Back
Top Bottom