What Is A "SNEAKERHEAD"

I always get into debates about what a "sneakerhead" really is. Obviously everybody has their own opinion on what the term mean, so what i want to know is, WHAT DO YOU THINK THE DEFINITION OF A SNEAKERHEAD IS? Is it having a set number of kicks, having a certain kind of shoe, etc. TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!

indifferent.gif

def a set number of kicks... at least a gajillion pairs will get you the official "sneakerhead" stamp of approval.

someone who can lick the bottom of kicks they bought 5 years ago and they about to retro the same o.g pair you licking.... whenever you go to go get yo new jordans ((if its any you aint got)) and errbody up there waiting let you cut cause they know you been so legit with the footwork..

A person who collects limited, rare, OG, or flat out exclusive kicks. A person with background knowledge of certain sneakers.

Sneaker head = someone who has a hobby
With collecting, gathering info like release dates,
Background info sneakers.
Its not a fetish but a special interest.
a sneaker head hangs around at sneaker
Stores to talk with the sales associate about
Sneakers, visit forums like NT, kicksonfire
Frequently etc.

Originally Posted by heatking

someone who has a love/passion for sneakers.

This.

Number of sneakers or what sneakers you have doesn't mean much to me since I buy only what I like. Can't say the same about the majority of people at sneaker releases.

SneakerHead: People of all ages that has love for the shoe game. Collect all different kinds of shoes. Never seen wearing the same shoes all the time.

Originally Posted by jumpman cbt2

Sneaker head = someone who has a hobby
With collecting, gathering info like release dates,
Background info sneakers.
Its not a fetish but a special interest.
a sneaker head hangs around at sneaker
Stores to talk with the sales associate about
Sneakers, visit forums like NT, kicksonfire
Frequently etc.

Originally Posted by Air Swade

someone who can lick the bottom of kicks they bought 5 years ago and they about to retro the same o.g pair you licking.... whenever you go to go get yo new jordans ((if its any you aint got)) and errbody up there waiting let you cut cause they know you been so legit with the footwork..

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitzness41

Basically a follower- none of us that have actually been around for a long time and before websites and all this crap actually would call themselves a "sneakerhead". Thats a lame term for guys that hae bought into the hype (IMO). People ask me that a lot these days since its popular now and they know Ive always got on different shoes and take good care of them- and I just look at them funny and laugh, and say no- not me. Not clowning you self-dubbed sneakerheads, but that crap is a fad to me
QFT

I had to correct a few of my co-workers when they called me a sneakerhead. I don't really get into that whole following, I buy what I like and that's that.

There's no such thing as a "sneakerhead." That would mean those people also buy Reeboks and Adidas and are just as serious about them as Nikes. "Nikehead", I believe.

I think anyone who gets weekly entertainment by looking up shoes whether its at the mall, online shops, or sneaker sites.

Can't measure "sneakerhead" by quantity, but there probably is a minimal limit of shoes based on a portion of disposable income.

I am a sneaker enthusiast. I love shoes. I try to buy what i like. I wear all my shoes.

Sneakerhead? It has to be a cool term for people that like shoes.

Back
Top Bottom