What is there to do in DC?

Hell seeing this is a DC thread, Midas whale ask this here instead of making a new thread..

My uncle (just turned 28), got offered a job in his field in DC the other day. Decent money, $70k a year. He wants to get a 1 bedroom apartment or loft in DC itself for $1400 or less. Any specific complexes he should look at?

I wouldn't trip, there's options. Just keep in mind if you plan to hit lounges/parties/clubs or whatever, it ranges from $20-$40 for regular *** nights to get in.
I've only seen this strongly enforced at weak club spots like Opera and Ozios. Cities has a cover, but its usually worth it on Saturdays. The Huxley does as well, but its an extremely iffy spot imo. Rose bar is better in the summer time, but also has a cover. Winter is kinda meh. So depending on what kind of party youre looking for, you can find a good party where there wont be an entry fee. And you can always talk your way into the majority of those spots at n/c.

Lounges/Free entry:

On U/14th alone, theres: Brixton, Policy, El Centro, Marvins, Lost society, Masa14, Local 16.  And im sure im missing a bunch.

In DuPont there's: STK, Public Bar, Heist, Gryphon, 18th st. lounge, Kabin, Citron, Dirty Martini, Barcode

Last edited:
Hell seeing this is a DC thread, Midas whale ask this here instead of making a new thread..

My uncle (just turned 28), got offered a job in his field in DC the other day. Decent money, $70k a year. He wants to get a 1 bedroom apartment or loft in DC itself for $1400 or less. Any specific complexes he should look at?
His best bet for a "nice" spot, is to find a roommate from of those sites, and split the cost on a 2kish 2bedroom.  Youll get more for your money there, than getting a studio for 1400ish.

He should be able to find a good place in his range in Wheaton, Fort Tottent and Silv. Spring though.. which is right along the metro line.  The Aventine in Fort Totten in particular, the metro is literally next to the complex.

Last edited:

I found a basement apartment for 900 all utilities included in Clarendon. I'm walking distance to atown and Clarendon ballroom area. Off street parking I can wash my own car in the drive. I'm literally 10 min from work. My boy is in silver spring and pays 1500 for a studio and it takes him an hour to get to work.

Mclean checking in 
nerd.gif

Go to the pier, order a bushel of crabs, but it seemed their for free, ask for extra old bay, enjoy

anybody down to chill tonight? going to link up with Suberzat1 and hit up some spots tonight... i will update the thread and keep yall posted

Last edited:
Oh you at national harbor? you got **** to do. I'm in for the night though.

:lol: at telling him to head to the pier in this winter weather.

Last edited:
Must be the time of year, **** is usually buzzing between the gaylord/public house/cadillac ranch area. Matta fact someone told me there was some sort of avn awards at the Gaylord recently.

Back
Top Bottom