what rappers had the biggest buzz at any one time , top 10 .... vol. eminem , 50 cent , lil wayne ,

rank'em

1.eminem 2000

2.50 cent 2003

3.puff daddy 1997

4.lil wayne 2007

5.nelly 2002

6. dmx 1999

7.kanye west 2005

8. young jeezy 2005

9.t.i 2007

10.jay-z 2001

I live in Belgium and rap isn't popular at all here, especially on tv, but 50 Cent still managed to be everywhere.

It was insane, dude had like 5 songs on tv playing all the time at one point. No rapper ever got close to the run he had over here besides Snoop Dogg and Eminem.

Lil Wayne didn't even get much play here tbh, if at all.

Last edited:
50 Cent probably had the biggest run we'll ever see.

Nelly had a monster run too. People forget about his Country Grammar, Free City and Nellyville run.

I think TI, Kanye and Jay can be removed off that list. Those years were a big run but their run doesn't compare to some of the others on that list.

Nelly had a monster run too. People forget about his Country Grammar, Free City and Nellyville run.

I think TI, Kanye and Jay can be removed off that list. Those years were a big run but their run doesn't compare to some of the others on that list.

threads not about runs.

threads not about runs.

It is. When you mention a run, you're talking about how long they had that buzz. That's what going on a run is. Nelly is still making music but his run/buzz ended years ago.

1.Snoop in 93 > anyone

2.2pac after California love dropped

3.Dmx in 98/99

4 Method Man before Tical dropped

5. Canibus after Beasts from the East Verse

6.Jadakiss right before 1st album dropped

7. Eminem around the time of 8 mile

8.Jayz after Takeover dropped on hot 97

9.Lil Wayne around the time of a milli

10. 50 cent (as hard as i hated he does belong in top 10

Last edited:
Snoop, B.I.G, 50, & hate to say it but Drake. Those were the biggest buzzes witnessed at this point.

1.Snoop in 93 > anyone
3.Dmx in 98/99

canibus ,jadakiss and method man in their prime all over 50?

Last edited:
Can't comment on Snoop buzz, but

1. Eminem

2. 50 cent

3/4. Wayne around C3 and

TI around the ATL Movie

I think its a difference buzz and runs though.

It is. When you mention a run, you're talking about how long they had that buzz. That's what going on a run is. Nelly is still making music but his run/buzz ended years ago.

No. I'm telling you. OP is talking (and everyone else) about buzz at one moment...it even says it in the title. Not a run.

1.Snoop in 93 > anyone

3.Dmx in 98/99

I remember Canibus and X bubblin round the same time just smashing features and then X dropped and Bis bricked and the whole game was just X and people tryna be X til Em showed up as a marketable version of Bis.

canibus ,jadakiss and method man in their prime all over 50?
50's buzz was because of the co sign from EM which was just as big as gettin a Dre co-sign was back in the day.

I don't believe in the G-unit mixtapes, because they wasn't rappin better than Desert Storm artists or any NY rappers in the early 2000's.  50 without the co-sign and machine backing him would be a gold artist. The rappers I mentioned did it off bars and delivery and flow and features. The real way.

Back
Top Bottom