what rappers had the biggest buzz at any one time , top 10 .... vol. eminem , 50 cent , lil wayne ,

Snoop and Fif had the biggest buzz's at any particular time

But man, Wayne's run was, I think, the longest

Where is Ja ?!

He really was killing between 99-2002

So were alot of other people. Yeah he had hits and sold records, but during that run Em dropped MMLP, Nelly Country Grammer, and so many others sold crazy records you could argue that a bunch had a bigger run than him during the same time

50 Cent, I remember that summer so vividly. Dude use to have four hit songs play back to back.

your list is automatically negated if 50 cent is not in your top 5...  **** it top 3..  ***** had the hottest music in the streets and he just got shot 9 times when he came out.. wore buillet proof vest.. had the g-unit tank top had the g-unit sneakers...  had vivica fox got dammit.. lol 

Crazy that I haven't seen that many Eminem posts here. His buzz was off the charts. He had the type of buzz that had soccer moms in middle america talking about him. Not to mention he put out two diamond albums in a 3 year span, a very successful movie and critical success to go along with it. You guys remember when he murked Jay-Z on "Renegade?" He was not only a great white rapper but he also brought alot of controversy due to his lyrics and opinions on gays. Being affiliated with Dre only seals the deal. Eminem HAS to be No. 1.

Last edited:
50's buzz has yet to have been topped by anyone in the industry. Period.
I STRONGLY DISAGREE.

You mean Snoop Doggy Dogg's buzz has yet to have been topped by anyone in the industry. Period.

50 Cent ranks directly below Snoop, and that's not discrediting 50 by any means. Doggy Dogg took the world

by storm. From his start, not only was he the sole face of Death Row Records, he was the sole face of

gangsta rap. What's undeniable was the fact that he had no mixtape, no album, nor did he have a solo

song to garner this tremendous buzz. You really had to live in that area to fully understand. Doggy Dogg's start

was/ is the biggest buzz hip hop has ever seen. Ever.

It all started from this one line right here.

Cause it's 1-8-7 on an undercover cop!
nthat.gif

In your most humble opinion who out of the "elite" tier of rappers throughout the Rap game still has a significant impact right now in 2014? Present day, **** album sales just off the strength of quality of work and they're position within the industry of which they earned.

In your most humble opinion who out of the "elite" tier of rappers throughout the Rap game still has a significant impact right now in 2014? Present day, **** album sales just off the strength of quality of work and they're position within the industry of which they earned.
An impact in what way?

Jay. That's pretty much it to me.

I think people grossly exaggerate "impact" and "influence" when it comes to certain artists.

Jay showing these dudes what they can do around the music, and even his deal with Samsung etc, is on another level.

My understanding is that him and his team also quarterbacked the Beyonce album release. Columbia was brought in at the last minute, but they had already recorded the music, filmed the videos and set up the strategy.

Dude is on another level in that respect. "Quality of work" you could argue (Might be Kendrick or someone like that then).

But I don't think anyone who's still rapping has a higher "position within the industry".

I was only 10 when snoop came on the scene. I do recall him being very popular. Probably some of the first explicit songs that I knew by heart.

Back
Top Bottom