What shoe got you interested in sneakers?

This..

Also seeing, and not getting, the 17's at the mall.. Randomly, cause my mall never even got gr dunks or af1.. Cortez's was the most "balling" shoe they had.., that suitcase man...
Man cortez's. Poor mans af1.

There was also this one shoe that had the same silhouette as the af1. even had the air on the side of the midsole. but they werent quite the af1. i remember thinking to myself as a kid "man ill just get these and no one will know the differnce" :smh:

I believe those were the air prestige... And yeah, garbage...

Stealth XXs back when I was in 7th grade. Up until that year I had always gotten white low Air Force 1 for back to school but I remember a friend mine having those on the first day of school and I was hooked. I begged and pleaded my mom to get me a 2nd pair of shoes but we couldn't afford it. Got me a job with my uncle after that and I never looked back :pimp:

Growing up in the 80's and 90's it was almost impossible not to be into sneakers as a young black kid growing up in Miami. It's kinda wierd seeing so many people posting shoes I was wearing in college as their first pair of sneakers.... I'm getting old man :smokin

I think I've always been a sneaker guy, from my earliest memories back in the 80's I loved these
View media item 966558
Being in Miami in the 80's it was hard to ignore these
View media item 966567View media item 966571
Sneaker I always wanted, but never got back in elementary school
View media item 966579

Back in '92-'93 these joints were all the rage, I had to have them. My first non-Payless shoes I ever had
View media item 966536
Then I saw my favorite group at the time with them (I was 8 y/o)
View media item 966544

Last edited:
Shell toe Adidas. My pops had nine pair in a row lined up in his room. It was then when I knew it was alright to have plenty of pairs. One if my earliest memories too. 

I never did Etonic, but some of those styles pictured above are pretty dope.

Saucony though :nthat: I remember they had little resurgence in 00/01... haven't seen much from them in years though.

white cement 3's when i was in the 5th grade
my crush was wearing em shes still cute til this day tho :smokin

I always had js for basketball season but would wear them just for that...but what started my sickness was these.. Back in 2004. Copped off good ol aol dialup

View media item 980310

Damn I'm old [emoji]128532[/emoji]

nike_air_worm_13.jpg

These! Loved these Rodman's. When did they retro them? Smh I'd have got a pair if I knew. My first nikes. My grandma got them for me and a few of my other friends from back in the day had them too :pimp: we were killin it. I can't even remember their names now it was so long ago.

Last edited:
Nike air worm ndestrukt 8)

Never retroed.

Marlon wayans rocked those in the wayans show

Back
Top Bottom