What should I do? Vol. Opinions of all kinds needed.

Alright NT I will try to keep this brief. 

So I am a 21 year old that lives at home with my well off parents.

Nice house, big room, all that jazz.

They are cool with me as long as I pay my bills, keep the house clean, and cook dinner 3-4x/week

Both parents have good jobs and a strong marriage. 

I have 2 sisters that have graduated from college and are climbing the latter. 

I went to college as soon as I got out of high school and was supposed to play basketball for my university.  I was 18 back then. 

Long story short I partied 24/7, got kicked off the team, and neglected schoolwork.

I did well enough not to get kicked out of my university but to top it all off my best friend from freshman year committed suicide during the summer off. I never got to say goodbye obviously and hadn't really seen him in about 3 months to know what went on with him. 

I took a leave of absence and told myself I would go back. I run a small landscaping odd job business during the summer and can usually make a couple grand.  But last summer business vanished. I got a DUI my senior year in HS,  and another one I am fighting still last summer. I could face 3 months in jail if convicted but I got the best lawyer in my area so I have faith. 

Since the summer I started getting into things I am not proud of.  Just living the fast life basically. 

I have been sober for about a month now and was never a really big user to begin with. 

My question to you would be WTF would be your plan of action if you were in my shoes?

College is BS and is off the table.

Minimum wage is BS I'm good on that. 

Military won't accept me with my criminal record.

I've been thinking trade school like a welder or something. 

Also around here you can make big bank if you work for a natural gas drilling company. 

I had a gas job paying 2k every 2 weeks but got fired for failing a piss test. 

I don't have my license due to the DUI I got last summer. Til Nov. 2013

Help a dude out with some positive info or something. All feedback is good. 

Just keep grinding it out fam. You made decisions that put you into your position at the moment. Nobody to blame but yourself.

Imo, just sit down and write down life goals and accomplishments. Start with something that you can actually look at and become dedicated to getting it done and achieved.

Canada, Eh? Na I'm good Moe. I have considered just picking up and going on an adventure in another country. hmmm...
Just keep grinding it out fam. You made decisions that put you into your position at the moment. Nobody to blame but yourself.

Imo, just sit down and write down life goals and accomplishments. Start with something that you can actually look at and become dedicated to getting it done and achieved.
I been done this and it only keeps me coasting through my life. I am trying to do some life changing ****. Get wealthy like my folks and have a nice house of my own and have some sick whips. I am happy where I am at actually and probably could just coast easy through the rest of my life, but I want to do something bigger and better.

You're young... thank the struggles you're in, so when you overcome it, you'll understand your achievements.

Just learn from your mistakes and continue to grind out every opportunities you get.

Last edited:
You're young... thank the struggles you're in, so when you overcome it, you'll understand your achievements.

Just learn from your mistakes and continue to grind out every opportunities you get.
I like that. I gave you your first rep. I know struggles make you stronger and I have had my fair share.

I have a good feeling that I will overcome and end up in a good place. 

I struggle with my day to day thoughts and sometimes get quite depressed at what I could have been and how I am basically a failure in my family. 

It's not like my parents hate on me but I know I haven't made them very proud yet. They know my abilities and know so far I have thrown away every opportunity I got.
what do you want to do op? do that
After 17 I really started doing exactly what I wanted and so far it hasn't worked very well.

But I will continue to do me and see where I get.  

Back
Top Bottom