What should the Browns do about their QB situation?

Start Quinn and become the greatest team ever

laugh.gif

anderson was good in college and if he went to notre dame he would have been a first round pick

I'm pretty sure Anderson is the Pac-10's career all-time leader for INT's. He was good at times in college(you have to have some type of talent towarrant being on the field and throw that many INT's) and his size and ability certainly gave him a better chance at the NFL compared to a lot of otherQB's, but this is obviously a situation where either he didn't recieve sufficient enough coaching in college or for whatever reason everything justclicked at some point while he was a pro. No one could have ever predicted this . .

as a browns fan for the past twenty years of my life has been miserable
frown.gif
, 2002 was ok yet a fluke...

we have finally gotten a decent team that has every reason to make the playoffs hell even win the division where we had no wins in last year, can we not justenjoy this, its what we have been waiting for the longest time and it's finally here a good cleveland browns team

now im going to wait until sunday when we kick the cardinals $*$$ (my god thats the first time in a while since ive predicted a browns win and felt confident)
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

They'd be absolutely crazy to let Derek Anderson walk and head into next year with Quinn as a question mark.

The Bengals did it a few years ago to John Kitna. Remember when they drafted Carson Palmer? John Kitna started killin, even won Most Improved Player of theYear award and the Bengals still let him go. Similar situation here. And I see Derek Anderson is from Oregon, and a lot of guys that grew up over there followthe 49ers. Wouldn't be surprised if he took that job to be closer to home
nerd.gif
Maybe i'm reaching
laugh.gif

nerd.gif

The Bengals did it a few years ago to John Kitna. Remember when they drafted Carson Palmer? John Kitna started killin, even won Most Improved Player of the Year award and the Bengals still let him go. Similar situation here. And I see Derek Anderson is from Oregon, and a lot of guys that grew up over there follow the 49ers. Wouldn't be surprised if he took that job to be closer to home image Maybe i'm reaching image

Exact same situation. And I hated the Bengals for doing Kitna Dirty.

The only difference is that Palmer was chosen top pick, while Brady dropped to 22.

Still, same kind of situation. DA deserves that job. And if he does get let go, he should go to San Fran. Alex Smith is not the right QB for that team. Maybeif DA was given a chance there. But dude deserves more money this year, as well as a set starters job. No doubt about that.

they didnt do Kitna dirty. and this aint the same situation.

They drafted Palmer as the future. Kitna was kept on to bridge the gap so that Palmer wouldnt be thrown to the wolves in his first yr. Kitna was the vet whocould keep the Bengals in games whikle they groomed their young QB. Chris Chandler did the same for Steve McNair and Mike VIck by the way.

Kitna was playin decent, he wasnt on DA's level. and he wasnt a 2nd yr player like DA. Kitna has like a good 2 - 3 yrs left in a mediocre career. DA has @10 yrs left on what so far looks like a BRIGHT FUTURE. thats why the cases are nowhere near similar

he will tender him ... that way someone like the ravens or the vikings might give up their picks for a proven starter ... and the browns dont have a firstround pick this year word to the cowboys so they need one of those

he will tender him ... that way someone like the ravens or the vikings might give up their picks for a proven starter ...

ravens were actually the ones that drafted him 2 yrs ago. they cut him.

billick really has a feel for quarterbacks...
eyes.gif

nah i wasn't implying that the bengals did kitna dirty. and by similar situations, i meant they've got a free agent QB producing with a first round QBon the bench that is supposed to be the future. The decision to keep the either 'Mr. Right Now" or "Mr. Later On" is the same decisionpeople thought the Bengals had to make a few years back. While the decision to keep DA or BQ will be harder to decide than the Bengals' decision to keepeither Palmer or Kitna, it still leaves the Browns in a similar predicament. But upon further observation, I'd compare the Browns' current situationto the Rivers/Brees situation back in SD because at least Brees was still young. Kitna had had some mileage on him when he started to turn his career around. .

GUNNA GET IT wrote:
If they wanna continue on a winning path, Forget they even drafted Quinn in the 1st round and lost a 1st rounder this yr, trade Quinn for Best offer and move forward.

I never realized how young DA was. Only 23, so if he does become a long-term franchise QB for the Browns, BQ, (sort of like the Matt Shaub situation in ATL),22, becomes a very good backup or trade bait.

I hope they get rid of DA as a Steeler fan, but they should bring him back for one more year, and another good one you gotta start looking to dump Bradysomewhere

Back
Top Bottom