What year will religion finally be extinct?

powerballin

Banned
Lets say the world doesn't end this year.  And we as a human race continue to progress and develop new technologies. At what point will the overwhelming majority of the world population side with science over religion?  When will religion be something crazy people believe in and get ridiculed for?

I just don't see how people can believe in these stories when different people all over the world have different stories to believe in but they all think they are going to heaven.  Somebody gotta be wrong right?  Somebody gotta be right....right?  Lettuce be cereal nobody is right.  When we die nothing happens and the world keeps on turning. 

I'm just curious to how long it will take for mankind to progress until the population gives up on religion and sides with science.  I give it another 100 years

Never gonna happen.

Religion goes extinct when human beings go extinct.

Last edited:
when the last person on earth takes their last breath and prays that he/she is heaven sent 

Last edited:
when the last person on earth takes their last breath and prays that he/she is heaven sent 
See this is funny to me.

You have to essentially abandon what you know doesn't make sense just to align yourself with something because you want it to be true.

Thats all you're really saying here. 
roll.gif

Its a leap of faith because thats the ONLY way it makes ANY sense.

Once extraterrestrials land on Earth and put us on game, which is that one of their ******ed cousins way back when made a pit stop on Earth. One thing led to another and he nutted in some primordial soup, bringing life to Earth.

That truth will end religion.

No Intelligent Design, just some Ancient Alien Nut.

[waits for someone to ask who created the aliens that created us]

See this is funny to me.

You have to essentially abandon what you know doesn't make sense just to align yourself with something because you want it to be true.

Thats all you're really saying here. 
roll.gif

Its a leap of faith because thats the ONLY way it makes ANY sense.
wink.gif
nthat.gif

Last edited:
sadly not anytime soon.

i used to think ooh nice people are getting smarter....they kind of are...but also people are reproducing faster too. so whether or not people are getting exponentially smarter, more people are exponentially getting born so the chance of natural born idiots grows too and keeps it growing at pretty much the same level as eachother. it will eventually catch up but not likely soon. im talking like thousands of years at best. the bigger the sample size, the more combinations of ****.

Also, I don't see religion ever becoming completely extinct. Even if there were concrete evidence that disproved every facet of it, some people will always choose to believe. Some people need something to believe in, whether they actually completely agree with/believe in the ideals and aspects of the religion they follow, some choose to believe because it brings hope and meaning to their lives.

Another stupid thread. And let's not get too ahead of ourselves and pretend/claim to know what happens when we die. That is arrogant. Are you the new copycat of that anti-religious zealot??

Another stupid thread. And let's not get too ahead of ourselves and pretend/claim to know what happens when we die. That is arrogant. Are you the new copycat of that anti-religious zealot??
Stupid thread?  Why because I don't agree with your beliefs? 

Back
Top Bottom